Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411500 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 11:56:28 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsCollaborations[FOUND]Programmer looking for artist to help finish game.
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: [FOUND]Programmer looking for artist to help finish game.  (Read 860 times)
Ludius
Level 0

View Profile
« on: May 05, 2012, 06:24:31 PM »

Hello, internet! I'm working on a top down core defense/dual stick shooter game, and I have zero artistic ability.

So, I've got quite alot done programming wise. I will probably be able to finish this game within a month or so from now.  As I mentioned earlier, though, I have no artistic ability whatsoever, and I would like someone who's willing to redo the textures in the game, and perhaps give me some feedback and ideas on what could make the game better.

The back story is that you're an astronaut sent to scout out a planet that is suspected to be inhabitable by humans, it has an atmosphere, and oxygen. The thing they didn't account for was the very defensive, slightly intelligent life on the planet. You're dropped from your ship in a canyon with nothing more than a weapon, and a power core, which attracts resources that you break off from the surrounding rocks and converts them to, well, whatever.. It's also the only hope of you being found again, so you have to defend it or, well, you're in trouble.
(I used the zombies because I found some textures on the interwebs)

I'm writing the game in XNA with the intention of selling in the XBLIG section. You'd obviously get a percentage of the profit, that is considering there is a profit (I say this so you know that I make no promises of making money from this).

Now that I've charmed you with my text charisma, I'm going to drop a bombshell that will plausibly ruin my chances of finding someone to work with. I'm currently a freshman in high school(summer vacation starts the 21st of may) aand I don't really have any experience Concerned. I do have a functional game, though, and I don't really have a social life to worry about getting in the way of finishing.

http://imgur.com/a/J7bF6#jgu20 <- Here's an Imgur album full of screen-shots, I'll try uploading a video tomorrow, if you're interested please PM me, or email me at [email protected]  Beg

[EDIT]: posted a video to youtube

« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 11:47:52 AM by sigmoid » Logged

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic