Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411413 Posts in 69360 Topics- by 58415 Members - Latest Member: sophi_26

April 16, 2024, 07:43:43 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsGoatbusters
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Goatbusters  (Read 4115 times)
Tatsu
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: August 16, 2008, 09:54:05 PM »

I've been going through some of the games I've worked on simply for fun, and found one that I would very much like to finish.

The game is called Goatbusters. You use your Goaton Beamâ„¢ to drag the goats around with LMB, and they become stunned when three or more of the same type are touching. Stunned goats are sucked in using the trap (The Chupacabraâ„¢) and you get significantly more points when more are sucked in at one time. The game is over if you let a goat reach the bottom of the screen. You can speed up with RMB and use the trap with MMB.

There are additional obstacles that can be turned on in the initial debug screen:
-More goat types (they all have their own personalities!)
-The Big Fatty (who gets a little hurt when goats are stunned to the side of him)
-Soup (a can that can be dragged around and eventually explodes, stunning everything nearby)
-Pedestrians (people are saved when they reach the bottom of the screen)

There are also some powerups that build up over time. Butter is the friendly goat that wipes out half the screen of non-stunned goats, the BFGB (Big Effin' Goat Buster) creates a field around the next object you drag that stuns anything it touches, and there's an experimental jump feature put in. These are all activated by pressing buttons on the sides of the screen.

Here's a quickie screenshot:

http://tatsusoft.net/goatbusters/goatbustersscreenshot.jpg

The game so far can be downloaded here:
http://tatsusoft.net/goatbusters/goatbusters.exe

Now, the reason I'm posting this is because I need YOUR help to finish! My last artist / helpful conceptual guy disappeared when he got a full time job that doesn't pay enough and requires much overtime (aka a job in the gaming industry). The art style we're going for is really low resolution sprites for the "retro" feel, but with a lot of antialiasing effects and smooth scrolling/movement, which makes for an interesting combination of old and new.

To be more specific, I need help with:
-Misc character/enemy animations
-A bunch of backgrounds
-Bosses
-Interface
-Cutscenes

A buddy of mine did some music, but it's not quite as complete as it ideally should be, so some additional music would be very much appreciated, too. In any case, I have absolutely no problem handling all the programming myself.

I hope it's not weird for me to post an ad for help like this, with it being a freeware project for fun and all, but I know there's a lot of talent here, and I hope someone likes the concept as much as I do. If you have any interest, please don't hesitate to contact me at tatsusoft (at) gmail.com.

Also, feedback on the game in general is appreciated.

Tanx a bunch!
« Last Edit: August 16, 2008, 10:04:48 PM by Tatsu » Logged
ChevyRay
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2008, 10:09:38 PM »

AAAH JPEG poisons my eyes!

Otherwise, this looks super rad. MAKE! :D
michael
Pixelhead
Level 10

yo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2008, 01:18:12 PM »

i have an anim of that fat goat, and ive always wondered where it came from! sounds like a spiffy game!

you rob the bank, i'll rob stewart
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic