Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411516 Posts in 69380 Topics- by 58436 Members - Latest Member: GlitchyPSI

May 01, 2024, 06:55:31 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsBerathen: Spirit Detective
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Berathen: Spirit Detective  (Read 3878 times)
Venks
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2012, 04:14:00 PM »

So yesterday was a table and today is a... chicken? What is a chicken doing in front of that house? I'm positive that the chicken is not there to be used as some sort of obstruction in order to support game flow. That would just be silly.

As I mentioned before about the routes and how they should lead the player in the correct direction... well I'm not betting the farm on that one. Just in case the player goes somewhere before I want them to they will find obstacles in the way. Sometimes it'll be a worried villager and sometimes it will be a chicken. I don't want to force the player to follow too linear of a path so you can trigger some events in different orders, but still there has to be some sort of order. Otherwise I can't have a forward moving story.
Venks
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2012, 05:12:08 PM »

Suddenly... chickens everywhere! What's up with that? Just so you know collecting chickens isn't gonna get you a jar like in Zelda. But there might be some other sort of reward.

Just like objects you can interact with every chicken in the game. Now I dont know if these chickens will do much for you, but the option is there none the less.
Venks
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2012, 03:11:21 PM »

I have returned to programming! Sorry for the small delay. Let me show you what I've been up to.
I've been working on my notebook! Alright so is starts out looking like:

When 'Clues' is high lighted and the player presses 'X' then this code is run:

The menu is equal to wClues(meaning write clues). Alright so we declare two variables i and j.
While i is less then parentA.arrayClues.length(the number of clues) then operate this loop:
Start of loop. If i is equal to 0 then add the name of the first clue to the variable j.
Add one to i.
i is still less then the number of clues so...
i is not equal to 0 this time so instead we do the next line of code:
If this clue is undefined then go down a line

But if the clue is defined then we do the next line:
If the clue is defined then go down a line and write the clue's name

This is repeated until i becomes equal to the amount of clues. Then we write the variable j which has all the clues stored in it. We set menu to 'Clues' meaning that everything has been written. The cursor's position is reset and we tell the cursor how many clues is now on the menu.

The end result being:

Yay programming! All the clues are presented ever so neatly!
Venks
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2012, 03:26:50 PM »

Berathen Spirit Detective? Such a silly name.
Berathen Floral Decorator! Now that's a good game right there!

Terrich isn't exactly florist of the year, but we still love him right? Right!?
Anyways this is the newest house and I really like how it turned out. I think I'm getting a real knack for making these houses. I really admire how I used the floor tiles and the use of the extra walls to create more of a 'multiple room' sense.
Venks
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2012, 04:37:40 PM »

Hard at work on the game as usual. I'm in the process of implementing a mini-game which is taking a lot more time then I would like. But hopefully it'll make the game more fun over all. Not the best art at the moment seeing as it was made by me. Hopefully I'll find someone else to do the sprites before the game launches.

Venks
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2012, 03:46:59 PM »

I've gotten five more backers out of nowhere! I guess everyone is trying to back my project before it hits the deadline. Only 70 minutes remain! If you'd like to back this game Ivan and I made now's your last chance!
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1537889393/berathen-spirit-detective
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic