Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411517 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 27, 2024, 10:00:14 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallRunning Free (iPhone/Flash)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Running Free (iPhone/Flash)  (Read 537 times)
DavidN
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: May 13, 2012, 10:09:59 AM »

This has been out for a while, but it's just occurred to me that I never put this up here after I finished it... I ventured into iPhone territory a couple of months ago.

Running Free is a puzzle game that was born when I was replaying Terry Cavanagh's VVVVVV one night. I was thinking about what it would be like if you could switch gravity in four directions instead of two - and to separate this game from its inspiration, I gradually turned it into more of a puzzle than a platformer, with the challenge based around manipulating gravity to keep your perpetually running stickman safe from the level's dangers.

The object is to collect the red stars and then get to the exit to progress, avoiding the Xs and other obstacles. Bonus stars are awarded for completing a level in a short amount of time or using few flips to get there.

http://www.runningfreegame.com

The Flash version uses the arrow keys to flip gravity, and the iPhone one uses the tilt of the phone. If you want more, the $0.99 version from the App Store has 70 unique levels on top of the 15 free ones.

metaldemon
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2012, 09:45:05 AM »

great game for a nice lunch break or something Smiley

I've completed it with 60 stars Smiley

shame there's no android version though. I really liked it!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic