Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411491 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 29, 2024, 06:31:21 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesAirship 2600
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13
Print
Author Topic: Airship 2600  (Read 50020 times)
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2008, 11:40:45 AM »

(I don't think it's exactly the same thing because in Cave Story's case, you're claiming the best game exists, whereas part of the point of Airship 2600 is that the best game ever doesn't exist.)

Yuka
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2008, 11:48:17 AM »

Yeah yeah, philosophical differences but it's still the same claim Smiley
But I get your point.

Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2008, 01:13:13 PM »

I have the platinum edition of Airship 2600. It blew my mind.

Ha

Ha

Ha

Ha

Ha

Corn

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
Chris Whitman
Sepia Toned
Level 10

A master of karate and friendship for everyone.

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2008, 01:20:12 PM »

The qualitative difference is that Cave Story is really just in the Metroidvania style, whereas these elements in Airship 2600 are also broken up by the flight sequences and world-class farming simulator.

Formerly "I Like Cake."
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2008, 01:25:10 PM »

Don't forget that Cave Story tells you the same story each time you play through the game, whereas the story re-writes itself in order to get better each time you play Airship 2600.

Corpus
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2008, 02:19:16 PM »

Well, the thing with Cave Story is that it's an incredibly good, extremely polished game, and also the game that introduced many people (though not me) to indie games.

I suspect (hope) that at least some people are joking about it, though.
Melly
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2008, 06:15:12 PM »

We are talking about an imaginary game like it's the best game ever made, and will continue to be the best game ever because it constantly remakes itself with the latest technologies and adapts to the gamer playing it, making it a life changing experience to any that try it, no mather in what year or circunstances they try it. It can even adapt its technologies to the hardware it's being played on. I once got Airship 2600 to run in a 286 computer, and it made itself into a text-based adventure.

shinygerbil
Blew Blow (Loved It)
Level 10

GET off your horse

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2008, 06:20:34 PM »

I heard...that...horses are hung like Airship 2600? WTF

olücæbelel
Cheater‽
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2008, 06:30:48 PM »

I heard Duke Nukem Forever has levels inspired in Airship 2600's real-time modern strategy-FPS-stealth modes.
shinygerbil
Blew Blow (Loved It)
Level 10

GET off your horse

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2008, 06:35:55 PM »

I tried to make a mod for Airship 2600 once.

Nothing I made was good enough. Eventually, the game actually sucked in my left arm and leg, and part of my face, and made a mod for itself which was far more awesome than I could even comprehend.

olücæbelel
increpare
« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2008, 06:46:21 PM »

That's it.  Screw exotic dancing; I'm totally demaking Airship for my third minigame.
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2008, 06:54:42 PM »

I tried to make a mod for Airship 2600 once.

Nothing I made was good enough. Eventually, the game actually sucked in my left arm and leg, and part of my face, and made a mod for itself which was far more awesome than I could even comprehend.

That's exactly what happened to me once, except that when it returned my arm and leg, they were changed -- they were better, faster, stronger.

ChevyRay
« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2008, 07:17:38 PM »

i hate cave story, now.

did anybody actually make an airship 2600 game?

that should be the next compo.

Agreed.
Seth
« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2008, 07:23:13 PM »

Good game, but I would rather play world of warcraft, In the game (the most interesting game), farming for world of warcraft gold isn't easy, but you can buy wow gold on sale. We have revolutionized the exchange of cheap wow gold with fast wow gold delivery.
muku
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2008, 07:55:11 PM »

Good game, but I would rather play world of warcraft, In the game (the most interesting game), farming for world of warcraft gold isn't easy, but you can buy wow gold on sale. We have revolutionized the exchange of cheap wow gold with fast wow gold delivery.

moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2008, 09:26:58 PM »

We are talking about an imaginary game like it's the best game ever made, and will continue to be the best game ever because it constantly remakes itself with the latest technologies and adapts to the gamer playing it, making it a life changing experience to any that try it, no mather in what year or circunstances they try it. It can even adapt its technologies to the hardware it's being played on. I once got Airship 2600 to run in a 286 computer, and it made itself into a text-based adventure.
Yeah but somehow it's also the best retro game ever, borrowing from previous console technologies and using them with such mastery that old consoles are weeping with shame.

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2008, 11:49:47 PM »

I heard that when you put Airship 2600 into a next-generation console, it becomes self-aware.

Melly
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 20, 2008, 12:07:47 AM »

Airship 2600 has always been self-aware. Each computer running it isn't running an isolated program. All Airship 2600's around the world communicate with eachother constantly in a network within the internet, but more powerful than it and impervious to hackers as it updates its security in real time as any hacker tries to invade it. Which is quite a feat considering only the best hackers in the planet can become aware of this network to begin with. With this communication Airship 2600 isn't just a game, it's a massive overmind game using the processing power of all the computers and consoles it's installed in in order to fullfil its holy goal.

moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: August 20, 2008, 07:57:57 AM »

Tests show that when you start airship 2600 your processor usage actually decreases to near 0 percent of activity.
Scientists postulate that the Airship 2600 algorythm is actually operating in subspace, probably via micro black holes created virtually and materialized dynamically when they reach a threshold in their very high level of simulation.

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
Valter
Level 10

kekekekeke

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 20, 2008, 09:42:27 AM »

I've played Airship 2600 several times before, actually. At least, I'm told that I played it  by several people in white lab coats. I have no memory of the times they said I was playing it. The scientists theorize that the game had considered me unworthy and erased my experience of it.

Also, this all reminds me of This Amazon product. Quite the same thing, really. Try reading all of the reviews.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic