Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411421 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 10:43:40 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsTIGJAM UK 7 : 3rd-5th August
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: TIGJAM UK 7 : 3rd-5th August  (Read 18041 times)
joechessum
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2012, 05:06:50 PM »

I'm sure this is an inconvenience for some people but this gives me more time to learn stuff. Whey!

Currently working on a game while learning to code. It's pretty hard...but at least I'm trying!

Twitter
bluescrn
Level 1

Unemployed Coder / Full-time Indie :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2012, 02:47:57 AM »

Unfortunately, we've had to rebook TIGJAM UK 7. Because of the Olympics in London this summer, all of the accommodation we usually depend on in Cambridge is booked up. So, we've moved the date forward a week, to the first weekend in August. Here's the new page:

Hasn't that moved it from the Olympics opening weekend to right in the middle?...

Terry
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2012, 02:51:42 AM »

Hasn't that moved it from the Olympics opening weekend to right in the middle?...

Aghh, how long do these bloody olympics go on? Sad

(Well, in any case, we were able to book hostel rooms for that week, so that solved the problem)

bluescrn
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2012, 04:00:29 AM »

Quote from: Terry
Aghh, how long do these bloody olympics go on? Sad

Well, the 'pissing money down the drain' event has being going on for the last few years already!... But a quick google shows that the games themselves are from 28th Jul to 7th Aug Smiley

If you're definitely staying with the 3rd Aug weekend, then I'll try to sort myself some accommodation Smiley

Ishi
Pixelhead
Level 10

coffee&coding

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2012, 04:27:13 AM »

At this TIGJam I intend to actually go to the pub at some point. Previously I've jammed until CB2 shuts and then been way too worn out.

JoGribbs
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2012, 02:38:30 PM »

Can't come to this because I have to take care of my dog so uh have fun guys.
capn.lee
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2012, 09:39:50 PM »

I'm sure this is an inconvenience for some people but this gives me more time to learn stuff. Whey!

haha
mechacrash
Level 1

It's almost like I'm actually being productive!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2012, 03:27:34 AM »

Fraid I wont be able to make this one. I recently got a job as a teacher and I'll be half way through my training course in August Tongue

Have fun everyone though!

capn.lee
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2012, 07:45:15 AM »

congrats on the job
nyyjen
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2012, 10:39:04 AM »

Ticket booked. It is going to be my first jam, super curious what it is going to be like. See you there.

Ishi
Pixelhead
Level 10

coffee&coding

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2012, 10:43:46 AM »

I can taste the spicy chips already!

JMickle
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2012, 11:51:35 AM »

while cb2's food is lovely, i think i'll pass this time and go eat somewhere a little cheaper Smiley

senorbarborito
« Reply #32 on: May 28, 2012, 04:35:30 PM »

turns out I might be flying over from sunny spain for a work-related trip - thought it might be a good chance to make it to mt first game jam!

only thing is, I'm a mono-talented programmer and half the fun for me is about working with other people.  is this typically possible, considering I won't really know anyone there?

I mean, if I'm just gonna be jamming on my own, it kinda defeats the point for me.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 05:03:51 AM by Señor Barborito » Logged
Ragzouken
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2012, 03:54:04 AM »

Very tempted to come to this, is there need to commit particularly soon?

senorbarborito
« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2012, 01:50:38 PM »

question time!

I'm booking my flights but I'm unsure what to do regarding timings.

the eventbrite thing says tigjam starts at 11:00 on friday, which seems like an odd time to me.

so my question is, if I get up at 5:00 am or something on friday to make it by 11:00 will people actually already be there?

also, the eventbrite thing says tigjam ends at 11:00 pm on sunday, but I´m not sure if people actually stay til that time or head back home sometime in the afternoon.

so my other question is, do people really stay til 11:00 pm on sunday?

thanks!
JMickle
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 04, 2012, 03:22:02 PM »

some people leave on Monday, and some much earlier on Sunday. its very relaxed, don't feel like you need to be here at certain times. people will be arriving throughout Friday, probably from earlier than 11, so there should be no worry about arriving alone. but most arrive later on or on Saturday.

senorbarborito
« Reply #36 on: June 05, 2012, 08:00:45 AM »

flight booked!
I'm arriving thursday night so do let me know if anyone wants to hang out  Toast Left
capn.lee
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 06, 2012, 06:19:10 AM »

I should have a rep-rap 3d printer arriving at work soon(ish) and what I was hoping to do was print out little custom figures for folks who wanted them.
They'll be nothing flash,likely small and they'll just be a single colour but if you want a character from one of your games printing out as a little TIGJAM gift, give me a shout and I'll see what I can do for you.
Gwinnell
Level 0

A C/C++ guy.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: June 07, 2012, 07:55:57 AM »

Fully booked?

bluescrn
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: June 07, 2012, 08:19:31 AM »

Fully booked?

Yeah, looks like it's going to be quite a busy one!

Almost left it too late myself, only just booked a couple of days ago... Travelodge room booked too.

At this TIGJam I intend to actually go to the pub at some point. Previously I've jammed until CB2 shuts and then been way too worn out.

Absolutely! - Especially if it's hot and packed in CB2, which it's likely to be, I'm always up for a bit of beer Smiley

Got to remember that The Tram Depot isn't open on Sunday nights, that's caught us out a couple of times now...

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic