Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411482 Posts in 69370 Topics- by 58426 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 23, 2024, 10:49:30 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsCrea
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8
Print
Author Topic: Crea  (Read 32352 times)
jmcmorris
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: January 24, 2013, 11:57:24 AM »

We've been working on finishing up the toolbar this last week. I finished making it so that your inventory bags are actually just items that you can grab/drop onto your toolbar. The plan is to make it so that as you progress your toolbar bag slots increase allowing you to have more bags. Much like bottles in Zelda, bags will be a little hard to come by so you can also upgrade your bags via an NPC.

We also added cooldowns. They turned out pretty nice so I thought I'd share that with you. Here is what it looks like (colors are lost some).

Connor
Level 8

Smooth talker, musician. Loves all things 70s.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: January 25, 2013, 09:05:26 AM »

looks like a really hd version of terraria

Firearrow games
www.firearrowgames.net

blitzkampfer:
https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=52009.msg1280646#msg1280646

too bad eggybooms ents are actually men in paper mache suits and they NEED to be agile
jmcmorris
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: February 02, 2013, 02:40:25 AM »

The last few days I've been working on rewriting the netcode. Moving from TCP to UDP and cleaning things up while I have my hangs dirty. I am fairly new to network coding so this is definitely a learning experience. One thing I'm doing that I am glad I did was take the time to write some unit tests for the netcode. It has absolutely paid off already.

I'm really excited to get this netcode done because it is the last major feature before we begin our early beta. I still have a lot of content and smaller things to add in but those are known (as opposed to known unknowns or unknown unknowns). That means more screenshots and videos are coming up this month.

looks like a really hd version of terraria
It is already much more than that Smiley

Connor
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: February 02, 2013, 09:27:12 PM »

any chance of an osx port? if so, can i help test this? i miss playing terraria and i think this would bring back good memories, and make many more besides.

Firearrow games
www.firearrowgames.net

blitzkampfer:

too bad eggybooms ents are actually men in paper mache suits and they NEED to be agile
Impmaster
Level 10

Scary, isn't it?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: February 02, 2013, 09:30:11 PM »

The gui looks fine, but I don't really like the font. It's a little too... fuzzy?

Also, I looked at your latest indieDB video, and the jumping looks a little fast.

Anyways, looking good! Hope to see this get finished!

Do I need a signature? Wait, now that I have a Twitter I do: https://twitter.com/theimpmaster
jmcmorris
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: February 02, 2013, 09:34:04 PM »

any chance of an osx port? if so, can i help test this? i miss playing terraria and i think this would bring back good memories, and make many more besides.
Already have a mac port of it. Right now I'm good on testers thanks to the Kickstarter but thanks for the offer Conner. Smiley

The gui looks fine, but I don't really like the font. It's a little too... fuzzy?

Also, I looked at your latest indieDB video, and the jumping looks a little fast.

Anyways, looking good! Hope to see this get finished!
Fast as in it should be a little more floaty? I have been thinking the same thing. I could slow down the speed and increase the time to make it a little slower/floaty. Thanks for the feedback.

jmcmorris
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: February 08, 2013, 01:23:06 PM »

The last week I've mostly taken a break from network coding and worked on a few other things. The most notable one is I added in chat. It has tabs that filter the messages by category.

While I was at it I made a command system that makes it possible to execute commands from the chat, such as "/spawn" to spawn items at your cursor location or "/eval" making it possible to execute python code from the chat. I added privileges in so not everyone can do these. I also made it super easy to add new commands in for mods.

We have not styled it yet but this is what it looks like so far. In the end it will be less obnoxious - such as semi transparent.

Now back to client side prediction and entity interpolation...

jmcmorris
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: February 18, 2013, 03:27:01 AM »

Earlier today I posted an updated roadmap for Crea. It is fairly lengthy so I wont repost it here. The most exciting news from it is that we plan to have our first beta version out within the next month. While putting together this roadmap I realized something - some help would be amazing.

So, after much internal debate, I have decided to look for an additional team member. This is a programmer/designer position for Crea and would preferably be long term (4+ months). Here are much more details.

Requirements:
  • Advanced scripting knowledge
  • Game design sense
  • Available to work for 20+ hours a week for the next few months (at least)
  • (plus) Familiar with Python and/or C++

Duties:
  • Implement content using the modding API (Python)
  • Design content such as items, monsters, biomes and so on
  • Help write modding tutorials and documentation
  • If you know C++ then you can help with the game engine as well.

Compensation:
  • Upfront payment and/or Profit sharing (To be negotiated)

• San Francisco area but remote work is fine.

If you have any basic questions feel free to ask here or PM me. If you are interested, then please contact me through PM or at [email protected]. Be sure to include details about yourself and any projects you have worked on.

Resuming traditional devlog stuff, there is some really good news on the horizon. Just need a little more time...

Oh and the chat got styled.

« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 12:47:17 PM by jmcmorris » Logged

Impmaster
Level 10

Scary, isn't it?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: February 18, 2013, 03:37:03 AM »

Aw man. This looks like a great job. If only I had more experience..... BTW, when will the general public be able to start modding this?

Do I need a signature? Wait, now that I have a Twitter I do: https://twitter.com/theimpmaster
jmcmorris
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: February 18, 2013, 03:48:05 AM »

Aw man. This looks like a great job. If only I had more experience..... BTW, when will the general public be able to start modding this?
All of the game engine is already exposed; however, I am currently planning to officially support modding in our Beta Phase 3. We are aiming to have this out in late April. If I can find an awesome dev to join then maybe sooner. Wink

Connor
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: February 18, 2013, 12:51:02 PM »

looking incredible! liking the chat functions and other small items, starting to see what you mean by its already a lot more than terraria.

Firearrow games
www.firearrowgames.net

blitzkampfer:

jmcmorris
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: March 05, 2013, 11:26:59 AM »

Finally made some real progress with multiplayer! Here is a screenshot of two players accessing the same treasure chest.

(Click for full size)

Oh and I managed to find a developer! Posting on my Kickstarter lead to many job inquiries and I ended up bringing on board a developer who was a backer and I had already talked to in the past. It worked out nicely and will hopefully continues that way.

mason
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 05, 2013, 03:02:19 PM »

This is looking nice. I love the colors.

Connor
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: March 08, 2013, 11:27:10 PM »

love that multiplayers in this too, improve the llamas and im happy! nah, jkin man, i love multiplayer, and i love the llamas... if they still exist!  Noir

Firearrow games
www.firearrowgames.net

blitzkampfer:

jmcmorris
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: March 14, 2013, 01:56:13 PM »

We are finally moving into a beta version in about a week! This will be a private version but not long after that we will be releasing a public version.

Some more good news, Crea will be on the Humble Store!

(Widget Preview)

jmcmorris
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: March 20, 2013, 01:10:49 PM »

Finally got a real logo for Crea. What you guys think?

kleiba
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 20, 2013, 01:57:02 PM »

Sweet!  Gentleman
Connor
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #97 on: March 20, 2013, 04:29:16 PM »

wow. pretty good

Firearrow games
www.firearrowgames.net

blitzkampfer:

Impmaster
Level 10

Scary, isn't it?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #98 on: March 20, 2013, 06:05:03 PM »

Maybe the letters are a little too bloated?

pluckyporcupine
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #99 on: March 20, 2013, 06:43:30 PM »

I haven't been following this too closely but it looks intriguing so I've checked in a few times.

I personally like the logo. Not 100% on the font but the logo is nice overall.

I also wanted to say congrats on being so close to release. Smiley

However, as far as the price goes, I just have to say ouch. I definitely won't be buying it until there's a price drop unless there's a really convincing demo. I can't generally afford it and without knowing what it provides that similar games that cost less and do relatively the same thing don't, it's hard to convince myself to pay that. If I'm jumping the gun, though, and the price isn't finalized, then just ignore this.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic