Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411518 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 03:52:31 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallLodestar: Stygian Skies
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Lodestar: Stygian Skies  (Read 1107 times)
lodestardev
Level 0

View Profile
« on: May 18, 2012, 10:39:59 PM »

The year is 0x171F and if you’re reading this, then our experiments have worked. In the year 0xC92 you will uncover the secret to faster than light travel and, without knowledge or intention, cause the destruction of your planet. This is a warning to all who would stand on the shoulders of gods. We need your help.

Have you heard about a new game being developed called Lodestar: Stygian Skies?

Lodestar: Stygian Skies is a voxel-based, tactical RPG set in the future, on the planet Protos. Gameplay revolves around exploring this hostile new world, fighting a deceptive xenobiological nanotech collective, and uncovering a rich story that takes a new form with every playthrough. The game mixes procedurally generated content with extensive lore to create a unique tactical role-playing experience.

The game is being developed on Linux and will be released for Linux first, with a Windows version following close behind. The classes and combat mechanics are loosely based on Open Game License content, which will be available to the public under the same license.

A Kickstarter campaign has already been launched to help save the human race, but your time is running out. Our window of opportunity is closing. The human race will never face a greater challenge.

Official Website
http://LodestarGame.com

Press Kit
http://Presskit.LodestarGame.com

Kickstarter Campaign
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/41329137/lodestar-stygian-skies-tactical-science-fiction-rp
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 07:26:14 PM by lodestardev » Logged
Danmark
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2012, 01:50:16 AM »

Mildly intrigued, but everything I look at leaves me knowing less about the game. A straight gameplay trailer would be nice.

Also, wrong subforum. Try Announcements.
doctor_roxo
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2012, 07:00:29 AM »

I found out about this game on igm yesterday. very much looking forward to it. i'm a bit of a space sim/space shooter fan myself and this is definitely a good time to be one.

I was wondering if there is going to be any space gameplay in this i.e. having ships to fly in space, maybe building you own ships.
i'm about to watch and read everything on your kickstarter so maybe i'll get my answers there, but i'd still like to hear what you have to say about it.

Lookin' 4 Indie Bundles? We Track 'em!
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/IndieBundleTracker
lodestardev
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2012, 02:24:13 PM »

There may be some interplanetary teleportation, but alas, there will be no space gameplay in this game. I would have to bend/break the story/lore far too much at this point to incorporate space play and the game is quite ambitious as it is currently defined. I feel that if I added every element that I would like to have, the game would never get finished. This game will focus on tactical combat in the same vein as games like Final Fantasy Tactics, Tactics Ogre and Front Mission 3.

The sequel however, is slated to have ships, intergalactic travel, and tactical, turn-based space combat.
Lynx
Level 5

Upstart Feline Miscreant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2012, 03:24:24 PM »

Just a note that you may want to have someone go over your game text for readability.  For example:

A unit’s occupation level increases when that unit uses a skill granted by its occupation.

This sounds somewhat weird.  It might read more easily this way:

Units gain levels in their occupations when they use skills granted by those occupations.

That said, the premise sounds interesting, I hope this works out!

Currently developing dot sneak - a minimalist stealth game
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic