Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411517 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 01:24:43 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhall[Mac] The Deep Sky
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: [Mac] The Deep Sky  (Read 595 times)
True Valhalla
« on: May 18, 2012, 11:14:19 PM »

'The Deep Sky' is a relaxing game where you explore a beautiful arena, and defend yourself from other creatures. A tranquil experience that shouldn't be missed! This game has been ported to Mac by Dangerous Dave...the original game was featured on the popular site IndieGames.com and has received praise for it's style and presentation.

You can get 'The Deep Sky' on the Mac store right now! Smiley

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/globules/id495083094?ls=1&mt=12

Thanks for the support.

« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 02:14:37 AM by True Valhalla » Logged
Hempuliā€½
Level 10

Sweet potatoes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2012, 11:52:50 PM »

- The link on the image is broken.
- I think you might benefit from a trailer or a gameplay video to link on the appstore page; there's already one player review in the appstore saying that the game wasn't what they were expecting and that they "wasted" their money.
- From the screenshots this definitely looks like a shoot-em-up, so without the aforementioned trailer it's very hard to say whether your claims about the "tranquil experience" and uniqueness are really true.
- Is it just me or does this look very much like fl0w? Seeing it in motion might change this association but right now I see quite a few similarities. The game does look good, though.

I don't have anything to play this on, these are just a couple first-second nitpicks. I wish you luck! Smiley

True Valhalla
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2012, 02:19:03 AM »

Thanks, fixed the link.

Kinda sucks getting a 1 star review within a few hours of launch, this was very disappointing to me  Concerned This is an arena survival game but that's not the core of the experience, it's more to carry it and make it engaging, which I think it does well with a unique mechanic.

The game is definitely inspired by fl0w. I'm glad you think it looks good, it's definitely better in motion.

I really appreciate the comment.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic