Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411476 Posts in 69369 Topics- by 58424 Members - Latest Member: FlyingFreeStudios

April 23, 2024, 02:41:07 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsAnodyne - Android version available now
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 34
Print
Author Topic: Anodyne - Android version available now  (Read 139329 times)
Chis
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #240 on: November 05, 2012, 09:55:34 PM »

Beautiful music! I really enjoyed the demo too, definitely felt the Yume Nikki vibes with all the portals : D
Are those brown tiles ladders? If so, I'd opt to make them more readable.

amidos2006
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #241 on: November 06, 2012, 01:17:23 AM »

Love the ending music alot :D that game will be incredible Smiley

melos
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #242 on: November 06, 2012, 03:38:55 PM »

finished up ending song today...will go through and polish later.

Worked more on mountain area. pretty close to being happy with it though will need to breathe some life in with NPCs...walking around is great and all but..it's interesting to have little people in there who have their own views on how they feel about a certain part of the map (and it's pretty effortless to put them in etc.)

Beautiful music! I really enjoyed the demo too, definitely felt the Yume Nikki vibes with all the portals : D
Are those brown tiles ladders? If so, I'd opt to make them more readable.

yup, i'll pass that along to jon

Love the ending music alot :D that game will be incredible Smiley

thanks!

play hydlide 2
amidos2006
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #243 on: November 07, 2012, 09:02:08 AM »

finished up ending song today...will go through and polish later.

Worked more on mountain area. pretty close to being happy with it though will need to breathe some life in with NPCs...walking around is great and all but..it's interesting to have little people in there who have their own views on how they feel about a certain part of the map (and it's pretty effortless to put them in etc.)

This means that the launch date won't be delayed and the game will be launched by Decemeber :D YaaaaaaaY :D

Manuel777
Level 0

Indie rocks

View Profile WWW
« Reply #244 on: November 07, 2012, 01:32:10 PM »

Awesome work, everytime I get it here makes mewant to play Anodyne more Smiley

amidos2006
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #245 on: November 07, 2012, 03:37:51 PM »

Awesome work, everytime I get it here makes mewant to play Anodyne more Smiley

That's my feelings also Smiley The game is so incredible Smiley I hope it makes a huge success Smiley

melos
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #246 on: November 08, 2012, 06:10:10 PM »

today this happened

(I want to submit to  pax east and go in March)

now to map the touch input in some way......

play hydlide 2
melos
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #247 on: November 08, 2012, 11:25:42 PM »

aaand reasonably done...as good as it might get...there's a slight lag on some input but I don't really know what else I can do (using only 3 event listeners...)

just need to put in sprites for the "buttons" and then change words around.

and cross my fingers that pax east lets us go. that would be so cool

play hydlide 2
amidos2006
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #248 on: November 09, 2012, 01:02:17 AM »

aaand reasonably done...as good as it might get...there's a slight lag on some input but I don't really know what else I can do (using only 3 event listeners...)

just need to put in sprites for the "buttons" and then change words around.

and cross my fingers that pax east lets us go. that would be so cool

That's means that you are going to release Anodyne for Android too Smiley that's nice Smiley

But why you say they won't allow you to go to pax east (I didn't went to any game event before) does this means they choose the accepted games to be shown there?

Good Luck again Smiley there's only around one month left for the anodyne launch Smiley

melos
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #249 on: November 10, 2012, 06:33:16 PM »

yup. I hope so!

haven't done much work today - went to a meetup downtown and played some others' games, got to
watch people play anodyne a bit.

the mobile release will definitely come after the PC release, juts because it's idiotic to release a mobile game in the holiday season..

tried to make a little "electronic" (not game-sounding) music and do some drawing, neither of which I am particularly good at...

anyways if you click this picture it twill take you to an indiedb news post. not too muchy ou wouldnt knowa bout from reasding hte devlog, though

play hydlide 2
AD1337
Level 9

Lucas Molina

View Profile WWW
« Reply #250 on: November 10, 2012, 06:58:36 PM »

Why is it idiotic to release a mobile game on the holiday season?

If you look at this article by the creator of SteamBirds, his sales peaked during holidays:

http://www.andymoore.ca/2011/03/steambirds-survival-by-the-numbers/

melos
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #251 on: November 10, 2012, 07:09:28 PM »

Why is it idiotic to release a mobile game on the holiday season?

If you look at this article by the creator of SteamBirds, his sales peaked during holidays:

http://www.andymoore.ca/2011/03/steambirds-survival-by-the-numbers/

oh! perhaps not. my worry is that press might be inundated at that point and people may be busy playing other games...which are my main points of being unsure about putting anodyne out in december...but I do really want to have it out this year.

play hydlide 2
amidos2006
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #252 on: November 11, 2012, 04:20:05 AM »

oh! perhaps not. my worry is that press might be inundated at that point and people may be busy playing other games...which are my main points of being unsure about putting anodyne out in december...but I do really want to have it out this year.

I have the same fears with that so I am thinking in releasing my new game on the early of 2013 to get away from the holiday season.

But I think if you got to PAX east you can make a hype of your game (becz its cool Wink) so it won't be affected by the holiday in a negative way but it can make use of that period Smiley

melos
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #253 on: November 12, 2012, 08:49:52 AM »

I have the same fears with that so I am thinking in releasing my new game on the early of 2013 to get away from the holiday season.

But I think if you got to PAX east you can make a hype of your game (becz its cool Wink) so it won't be affected by the holiday in a negative way but it can make use of that period Smiley

Yeah, it would be cool to do so and I wouldn't be as worried during release. Going to submit to that very soon!

---

Yesterday I didn't do much with the game...well, I DID plan out the ending credits sequence, so that's something. Wait, no, I did do stuff - I finalized mobile GUI and some stuff so I can just drop in Jon's sprites when he finishes them and we will be good to go.

play hydlide 2
poe
« Reply #254 on: November 12, 2012, 08:55:12 AM »

If you go to PAX East tell me what day.
melos
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #255 on: November 12, 2012, 09:08:36 AM »

sure. are you going? I'm hoping I get into that indie showcase thing. Otherwise I'm not sure yte (I have to also pay for train/plane to boston etc.)

play hydlide 2
poe
« Reply #256 on: November 12, 2012, 09:32:39 AM »

sure. are you going? I'm hoping I get into that indie showcase thing. Otherwise I'm not sure yte (I have to also pay for train/plane to boston etc.)

Well I plan on going since I live an hour away from Boston by train. Would be cool to meet up with some indies while I'm there. Tongue
amidos2006
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #257 on: November 12, 2012, 01:57:53 PM »

Yesterday I didn't do much with the game...well, I DID plan out the ending credits sequence, so that's something. Wait, no, I did do stuff - I finalized mobile GUI and some stuff so I can just drop in Jon's sprites when he finishes them and we will be good to go.

This means that you have finished every aspect of the game (PC version) just some polishing stuffs and some menus missing but core game is ended Smiley Waiting on Fire Smiley

melos
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #258 on: November 12, 2012, 02:39:41 PM »

This means that you have finished every aspect of the game (PC version) just some polishing stuffs and some menus missing but core game is ended Smiley Waiting on Fire Smiley

No, as much as I wished the game was finished, it just means that I finished porting it to mobile, the levels/etc. are not platform development. We still have a few areas to finihs.

play hydlide 2
Chris Polus
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #259 on: November 13, 2012, 02:58:42 AM »

We released a trailer of Son of Nor during GDC Europe. We thought it would be cool to have some news for a bigger gameshow. But as you said, press was so stuffed with other news, all our mails to the press literally drowned. I mailed a follow up 2 weeks later and some people apologized for not seeing it and they confirmed they had too many emails. So there you have it.

I guess releasing a game for holidays that the press is waiting for is certainly a good idea. A game that gets featured in the app stores of this world. Anything else might be a gamble. At least that's our experience.

http://stillalive.games
Drone Swarm, Rescue HQ, Bus Simulator, Son of Nor
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 34
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic