Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411419 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: timothy feriandy

April 17, 2024, 08:14:17 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsAnodyne - Android version available now
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 34
Print
Author Topic: Anodyne - Android version available now  (Read 139251 times)
melos
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #480 on: February 17, 2013, 10:39:06 AM »

thanks!

tpb stuff is still going nicely.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 11:49:15 PM by seagaia » Logged

play hydlide 2
Calum Bowen
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #481 on: February 17, 2013, 12:42:07 PM »

i jokingly mentioned making a dubstep acapella remix album of anodyne, but then there's the idea of making some remix EP of sorts. i think calum might be interested.

if anyone's interested in doing something like that lemme know and ic an give whatever you need for the songs - stubs, or the reaper files, midi data (i think i can do that), etc. songs at seagaia.bandcamp.com

Calum is definitely interested. I'd love to use some of the SFX in a remix as well if you wanna share them?

melos
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #482 on: February 17, 2013, 01:18:46 PM »

yeahhhh sounds good. i have sent ye the sfx via the tweeters

play hydlide 2
Calum Bowen
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #483 on: February 17, 2013, 01:26:20 PM »

yeahhhh sounds good. i have sent ye the sfx via the tweeters

thanks, they're great!

melos
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #484 on: February 17, 2013, 10:51:33 PM »

fuck ok im going to do a news post on that whole pirate bay thing

i also wrote a bit about piracy in my blahg

seagaia.wordpress.com

uhm i fixed bugs too

i thik xbox 360 controller support is possible pretty easily. otherwise i have to write an ANE which wont be bad but meh

play hydlide 2
Eraser
« Reply #485 on: February 18, 2013, 02:01:13 AM »

OK I got the game and decided to write up a bunch of thoughts on it.

[ WARNING: THIS POST CONTAINS TONS OF SPOILERS ]

Bugs demonstrated by pics:
There's a spot you can clip through the wall at the western point near the end of the game. This lets you skip like everything but the last room, maybe even the last room I forget: http://i.imgur.com/U28uktp.png

You also seem to have a filter that's not applied to the topmost pixel:
http://i.imgur.com/Zob9DM3.png

Bugs:
  • When next to an object like a chest or enemy, you cannot jump
  • Wolves can go up ladders? In fact most enemies ignore all collision types but walls which is kind of dumb -- they can go through gates, and chests etc.
  • Where are two pyramids by the red cube that say the same thing, odd
  • Wometimes jumping after you just died from falling will cause you to repeat the same death
  • The wolves in the flamin hot area can clip through some of the walls
  • Sometimes jumping between 2 areas with lots of floors you can fall down (e.g. getting the broom extend upgrade) you can actually get stuck in an infinite loop falling to your death. It seems that sometimes you can jump the moment you spawn so it's possible to make it back to solid ground without losing all life
  • The wall boss's hand can push you into the wall
  • There are a lot of small clipping bugs. E.g. bunnies walking on top of you, you and rats walking on top of the blue cubes

Thoughts on the game:
It was a pretty nice game. I had fun. It seemed a little odd that you required all cards to get to the endgame, but I guess you just didn't feel like going easy on the player. OK I've seen this one complained about a lot but, jumping fucking sucked. I mean the jumping itself was fine and dandy. Then you put in extremely challenging jumping puzzles, sometimes multiple in a row just screw with the player. Whyyyy. The story line was very confusing. I mean really. Most of what I was doing as a player didn't feel like I was progressing any  sort of story, other than collecting cards to get to the end. Some of the stuff was hilarious, some of the stuff was plain weird.

Graphics were lovely. Music and SFX seemed simple at times, but they both fit the game well. There were two songs in this game that made me orgasm, the main one being the song for the fields. Dear God.

Soo after the game. I've been hunting around and found a lot of interesting things... The extra cards I've found: orange guy, rank, killer ghosts, pyramids, suicidal things. Aside from the obvious challenges you've put a crapload of easter eggs in there. My favorite is the cube smokin' a joint.

It's hilarious that in those extra areas you disable the swap  Cry

The Huh? items I've found: heart, golden dung [a binding of isaac tribute?] (do these require the swap or can they be found normally? I got the heart legitimately at least) OK now the heart chest was just disappointing, but it made me laugh.

Random screens from exploring with swap:
Smokey: http://i.imgur.com/MibqKDK.png
Gimme: http://i.imgur.com/EzDXYQq.png
Random doodle? Portal unreachable. http://i.imgur.com/O8iT5MZ.png
Random path that lead to nothing: http://i.imgur.com/tNqTpZj.png

I might try to do a much more thorough exploration later. I've got a good feel for how your mapping system works, so unless you tried REALLY hard to throw people off I think I'd be able to find most of the goods. Basically it seems that you always create a rectangular area of blank maps before working on an area. These seem to be created in rows/columns, so that if you walk on either axis and discover that the map became garbled, it's safe to stop looking for secrets in that direction. Well, that's still a theory I suppose.
ripatti
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #486 on: February 18, 2013, 10:07:46 AM »

WARNING: SPOILERS

Random doodle? Portal unreachable. http://i.imgur.com/O8iT5MZ.png
Random path that lead to nothing: http://i.imgur.com/tNqTpZj.png

Portal is reachable. I reached it but now I don't remember what a place into which it teleports. I thout it was some room with a chest.

About random path: you can go to upper screen using swap-broom. In that screen you can find a chest, but it guarded by cage and I don't know how to open it. When you return back to the bottom screen you can see a elk Shocked I don't know how to do with it too...

----------

At this moment I have 44 cards and 7 ?-items (one of them is a blue cube).
I know placing of two guarded by cage chests (one in the forest and one in the world where was stuck puzzle) but I don't know how to reach them.
Also I found a gate in strange flickering world and I need 47 cards to open it...

Finally I don't so like searching secret items after finishing the game. I am just systematically walking over black screens and it's a bit corrupts initial atmosphere of the game... Well... I understand that it some "bonus" for fans that want to play a bit more. And I still really like the game before "sandbox with swap-broom" Grin

Well, maybe I will find 47 cards and open that gate...
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 11:29:02 AM by ripatti » Logged

Great Permutator devlog indiedb desura greenlight
Connor
Level 8

Smooth talker, musician. Loves all things 70s.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #487 on: February 18, 2013, 12:45:40 PM »

you've been tweeted about by mojang in their website! :O

Firearrow games
www.firearrowgames.net

blitzkampfer:
https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=52009.msg1280646#msg1280646

too bad eggybooms ents are actually men in paper mache suits and they NEED to be agile
poe
« Reply #488 on: February 18, 2013, 01:46:04 PM »

I knew about anodyne before it went mainstream  Noir
Drakken
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #489 on: February 18, 2013, 03:40:28 PM »

you've been tweeted about by mojang in their website! :O

Can you post the link to the tweet?

Drakken's Soundcloud - Check out my original game music and other tunes!
melos
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #490 on: February 18, 2013, 04:49:20 PM »

Wrote-up a bit about how the weekend went - http://seagaia.wordpress.com/2013/02/18/anodyne-pirate-bay-promo-post-mortem/

---

Drakken: https://twitter.com/Marc_IRL/status/303425644879044609 IT's nice! I hope he tells notch...

---

poe : :D

---

ripatti : thanks for playing Smiley

minderaser : Hey thanks! I know of all of those. some I don't know when I'm getting around to but some of those will be fixed. Glad you like the music! The story is sort of vague, but it's not so vague that interpretations fly totally out of the spehre of themes we had going into designing the world -we think it's more effective to not be totally preachy about the story.

play hydlide 2
poe
« Reply #491 on: February 18, 2013, 06:00:40 PM »

I hated the ending at first but it's grown on me over time. When it really sinks in to you it's quite nice.

Sean, love how you told him you played it a lot instead of saying you made it haha
melos
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #492 on: February 18, 2013, 06:02:48 PM »

I hated the ending at first but it's grown on me over time. When it really sinks in to you it's quite nice.

Sean, love how you told him you played it a lot instead of saying you made it haha

HA I then tweeted at him as the game.

The ending is just sort of the closure of that little arc of story in the game. It gets better as you figure out more about the story and its unsaid bits!

play hydlide 2
melos
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #493 on: February 22, 2013, 03:47:17 PM »

im getting lazy. getting back into coding now - fixing bugs, working on new prototypes, and doing last (so i think...) porting of anodyne - android, ios, kongregate.

play hydlide 2
Graham-
Level 10

ftw

View Profile
« Reply #494 on: February 22, 2013, 06:14:35 PM »

success is nice.  Hand Thumbs Up Left
mushbuh
Level 9

Epic Laughs await you, traveler *tips steampunkhat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #495 on: February 22, 2013, 08:27:45 PM »

You where at magfest right? I asked you what you made it in, and you said flixel, then I said cool and took your little paper thing. Anyway loving the game so far!

Also you should totally look into accepting bitcoin for game downloads
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 08:42:46 PM by mushroomized » Logged

SuperDisk
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #496 on: February 22, 2013, 08:52:10 PM »

This is a great game. I think about it often for some reason.

Too bad I had to torrent, though it is likely I'll purchase afterward just for support.  Smiley
melos
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #497 on: February 23, 2013, 01:44:10 PM »

You where at magfest right? I asked you what you made it in, and you said flixel, then I said cool and took your little paper thing. Anyway loving the game so far!

Also you should totally look into accepting bitcoin for game downloads

Yup I was at magfest! Glad you are enjoying it.

We do accept bitcoin!
12P99mfAGuA9dnRhNTNLjTj9sCNTSxVUkQ

Thanks SuperDisk!

Yes Graham., it is nice for work to pay off more than the satisfaction of finishing!

play hydlide 2
SuperDisk
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #498 on: February 23, 2013, 01:54:44 PM »

Though I did encounter some getting stuck. I had to jump around the "immobile" statue and got to the hotel. I beat the boss and got his card, but now I have one extra key laying around.. I will not die until I find the door it goes to.

Is this an oversight, some kind of dastardly trick to haunt people at night, or is there actually a locked door hidden somewhere in the hotel?  Tired (I've explored every room of it [I think])
melos
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #499 on: February 23, 2013, 01:55:35 PM »

It's to prevent a deadlock due to the dungeon's structure (I think this was the case with the 3rd dungeon in LA)

play hydlide 2
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 34
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic