Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411493 Posts in 69372 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 05:58:54 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsAnodyne - Android version available now
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 34
Print
Author Topic: Anodyne - Android version available now  (Read 139354 times)
melos
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #540 on: March 01, 2013, 04:23:57 PM »

hi seagaia

do you happen to know how many steam greenlight votes you got? just curious to know how many votes it takes to get greenlit...

22.4k yes votes, but i think we got greenlit from rising fast due to the pirate bay stuff.

I think so too. I'm sure we had more votes than anodyne at the time, but that PB thing was probably a really good thing.

Could you perhaps show the vote curve or, uh, describe it... haha, don't know how picky valve is about this kind of info....

We were 50% to top 100 before the promo (8k upvotes?), after promo I think we were at #60, then in the next 9 days till we got greenlit we rose to #45.

play hydlide 2
melos
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #541 on: March 02, 2013, 05:54:32 PM »

productivity today.

got an installer working for windows, with controller support (thanks NSIS!) . need to do that song and dance on a mac still, though. 

also got steam cloud/achievements working with the test app, but not anodyne yet since valve has not responded to me yet

Also, Josh mattingly and Jesse cox made a video of it for their Series The Greenlight!

And Josh said some really kind things in his video.

play hydlide 2
melos
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #542 on: March 03, 2013, 10:07:40 PM »

so...finally fucking got mac controller and steamworks working with Mac.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

thanks to: mysterious person on adobe forums, jotapeh, andy and lars.......woo!

play hydlide 2
melos
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #543 on: March 05, 2013, 01:54:06 PM »

I actually got mac stuff working yesterday. Now doing packaging with linux, but have to go back to my apartment first...need root privileges, blah....

other tidying up. really wish i could be getting more stuff otu of the way since it's hard for me to focus on the next project with the steam stuff on my mind.

play hydlide 2
Drakken
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #544 on: March 07, 2013, 10:43:13 AM »

Also, Josh mattingly and Jesse cox made a video of it for their Series The Greenlight!

And Josh said some really kind things in his video.

Nice. I love how they freaked out when they got to the Sea. :lol

Drakken's Soundcloud - Check out my original game music and other tunes!
melos
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #545 on: March 07, 2013, 11:12:28 AM »

yeah, i always love people's reaction to that event..

anyways, we are on board with GOG. thatll probably happen before Steam since they seem to be pretty fast in replying.

worked on some linux controller crap. made a bunch of scripts to alleviate compiling this config program and joy2key, and that does the config pretty painlessly.

need to fix something with mac, because some controllers crash the extension.

ah!

play hydlide 2
melos
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #546 on: March 07, 2013, 10:35:36 PM »

did that mac fix. fixed another controler bug. made some map tweaks. heh, 21st century game dev, fixing stuff months later...

well, sent that off to GOG, so thatll be up soon, i assume.

play hydlide 2
melos
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #547 on: March 09, 2013, 01:57:26 PM »

okay, GOG release is the 21st for the interested.

I've finally uploaded the nnew versions for each OS that has controller support in some form! thank god.

Now to make the kongregate version, and then make sure achievements work so that when I get SDK access, being donw ith steam will take less than an hour.

play hydlide 2
melos
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #548 on: March 14, 2013, 08:21:15 PM »

working on a new game with jon.

one stpe closer to steam release.

play hydlide 2
AD1337
Level 9

Lucas Molina

View Profile WWW
« Reply #549 on: March 15, 2013, 11:25:14 AM »

Awesome, are we going to see a devlog for that too? If so, when?  Grin

Just so you know, your updates are all very useful for devs, thanks for letting us know about the behind-the-scenes.

melos
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #550 on: March 15, 2013, 08:21:38 PM »

Awesome, are we going to see a devlog for that too? If so, when?  Grin

Just so you know, your updates are all very useful for devs, thanks for letting us know about the behind-the-scenes.

Hmm, maybe I will start it now. I am not going to talk about design in it until we are set, bt I could show progress with the editor and stuff.

Right now I am building a simple in-game editor to alleviate the iteration process.

Also this happened with Anodyne.

play hydlide 2
Schrompf
Level 9

C++ professional, game dev sparetime

View Profile WWW
« Reply #551 on: March 16, 2013, 08:11:37 AM »

You're my (at the time of writing) hero! If the scarce sales data about Steam vs. overall is true, you're gonna earn a golden nose and maybe halve an ear.

(Is this even an official english phrase?)

Snake World, multiplayer worm eats stuff and grows DevLog
melos
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #552 on: March 16, 2013, 07:29:09 PM »

yeah, that will be nice..!

well, ran into issues with getting the builds onto steam SURPRISE!!!

Issues:

All: Typing chat in overlay maakkeesss thiisss hhaapppeennn. There is a fixed version, but it crashes the cloud

Mac: Won't even work when uploaded and downloaded via steam. Working on it.

Linux: havent' figured out how to get the communication binary wrapper thing working.

BUT if youu doonnttt mmiiinnddd thhiisss then it works fine on Windows.

play hydlide 2
AD1337
Level 9

Lucas Molina

View Profile WWW
« Reply #553 on: March 17, 2013, 05:43:47 AM »

Will we be seeing mobile versions of Anodyne?

melos
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #554 on: March 17, 2013, 08:27:43 AM »

Yeah - Android at some point, and then later iOS (maybe concurrently). Hoping to release the Android one as part of a humble android bundle, but I have a little more work (I want to include a portrait/landscape switch because people will inevitably complain, and also different sizes of buttons because, well..

http://tweakers.net/ext/f/VvCYaXNJgVwQe3fz7oJF7rOI/full.png

Surprise, actually the entire sides respond to touch, i.e. all of the blank spots are still registering keypresses, the visuals of the buttons just need to be larger...

play hydlide 2
melos
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #555 on: March 19, 2013, 04:30:50 PM »

Finally got the mac stuff functional for Steam.

So, stats (just one stat), achievements and cloud saving, and in-game controller support work with Mac and Windows Steam versions.

Just a small fix (I think..) to make for the Linux version and we are good to go.

The overlay remains buggy, though, but that's okay. I can at least still have "partial" controller support.

play hydlide 2
mushbuh
Level 9

Epic Laughs await you, traveler *tips steampunkhat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #556 on: March 19, 2013, 07:08:06 PM »

are you porting it to android via HAXE? Did you use some kind of as3 -> haxe thing?  SMB Mario SMB Question SMB Question SMB Mario SMB Mario

melos
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #557 on: March 19, 2013, 07:12:34 PM »

are you porting it to android via HAXE? Did you use some kind of as3 -> haxe thing?  SMB Mario SMB Question SMB Question SMB Mario SMB Mario

nah, since we use AIR, we just piggy back off of air installed on android and the game magically works. same deal with iOS. performance blows, but we seem to be okay.

play hydlide 2
mushbuh
Level 9

Epic Laughs await you, traveler *tips steampunkhat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #558 on: March 19, 2013, 07:20:50 PM »

nah, since we use AIR, we just piggy back off of air installed on android and the game magically works. same deal with iOS. performance blows, but we seem to be okay.
oic, i've read there are as3 > haxe converters. maybe you could try that. Or not, if this is working. or something. I dont know.

melos
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #559 on: March 21, 2013, 09:55:41 AM »

steam might be tomorrow YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST just waiting for confirmation from my contact at steam and then i'll be spreading the message..

play hydlide 2
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 34
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic