Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1189993 Posts in 51195 Topics- by 42101 Members - Latest Member: Awesome_Miner24

February 06, 2016, 12:56:03 am

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsFeedbackDevLogsReikon Dungeon - 3D Roguelike w/ MOBA inspired combat
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Reikon Dungeon - 3D Roguelike w/ MOBA inspired combat  (Read 762 times)
Visualstorm
Level 0

View Profile
« on: June 04, 2015, 10:39:26 am »

Hi everyone, I'm one of the artist from Alcapa Games, and this is Reikon Dungeon!
The game has procedural levels and is a dungeon crawler focused on fighting and possessing the enemies you slay,
each character has unique (or more) passive skills and build.

More info & playable DEMO
Controls layout: HERE

Known issues:
   •   The game has only one character playable for now, we’re tweaking the various builds to have an overall balanced and unique playstyle for each character.
   •   The difficoulty is pretty easy, and the skillgem drop rate set to let the player try most of the skills in one playthrough.
   •   Some parts of the UI needs some tweaking and not all the info has mouseover descriptions
   •   The game can encounter some long loading time changing levels, hang in there, it’s still working Smiley
   •   Vendors show “buy with right click”, but it’s actually the left button.

We've been Greenlit with 10 days.

We're developing it with Unreal 4 and making the levels and character with qubicle which is a voxel editor,
but the game isn't voxel based, we simply convert them in meshes and rig/adjust in Maya, it's a way to
let use produce ingame content in a faster way.

« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 06:32:11 pm by Visualstorm » Logged
Visualstorm
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2015, 03:13:45 am »

Even cleaning the non visible faces of the meshes building the dungeons with models based on voxels can
become pretty taxing on the system, so for the future  we're planning to have an option to switch between
two style of tiles for out levels.

This is an example of what I'm talking about.

Visualstorm
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2015, 09:14:44 am »

Remade the character screen UI from scratch, the movable windows were a clusterfuck and the drag&drop bug with Unreal4
made them impossible to use, now having them in fullscreen it will be much easier to play with a controller.

OLD
]
NEW
devMidgard
Level 1

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2015, 10:38:42 am »

I like the look of this, especially it reminds me of Cube World, which is a nice thing, it also had voxel-based characters and everything!
Visualstorm
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2015, 06:29:05 pm »

I like the look of this, especially it reminds me of Cube World, which is a nice thing, it also had voxel-based characters and everything!

Thankyou! yup, we made some similar decisions but our game has a tighter approach on the environment. Tongue
Visualstorm
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2015, 06:43:20 am »

We made better animations:

And some UI improvements:

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic