Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411509 Posts in 69375 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 11:28:14 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsThe game formerly known as Chroma
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20
Print
Author Topic: The game formerly known as Chroma  (Read 61937 times)
devMidgard
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #360 on: May 15, 2013, 03:27:02 PM »

Any news? What happened with this beautiful project?
It's only a little over 3 weeks ago Claw posted on this thread, I'm 99% sure that he's still working on this.

This kind of stuff takes time! Smiley

I am indeed still working! Grin

I've been quite neglectful of the devlog, I prefer to keep my cards close to my chest, better to discover things while you play rather than show stuff off in screenshots each week, so I'm always a bit reluctant to post.

That said, I'm currently working on getting a demo ready to submit to Rezzed in the hopes of getting some booth space to demo it which would be awesome, and also getting a build together to submit to indie-cade because why not.

But here's a few shots of some places I've been polishing up:

My Screenshot dose, that's what I wanted. Thankyu Claw. Hoping to see more soon \:D/
melos
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #361 on: May 15, 2013, 04:44:25 PM »

yes

play hydlide 2
Oddball
Level 10

David Williamson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #362 on: May 15, 2013, 11:10:27 PM »

Don't worry guys I'll make sure Mark keeps working hard on this. He showed me a demo the other week and it's progressing nicely. There's a ton of stuff in there that he hasn't shown publicly yet, but as Mark says you're better off finding that stuff for yourself when the game is released. I will say though that it looks awesome in motion. Those screenshots, whilst nice, really don't do it justice.

Vovosunt
Level 0

Lolcat

View Profile
« Reply #363 on: May 16, 2013, 08:05:26 AM »

The game looks awesome, but I'm kind of disappointed by the art style.
I was expecting a lot more color, I mean for God's sake the game is called Chroma.

Claw
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #364 on: May 16, 2013, 08:34:57 AM »

Don't worry guys I'll make sure Mark keeps working hard on this. He showed me a demo the other week and it's progressing nicely. There's a ton of stuff in there that he hasn't shown publicly yet, but as Mark says you're better off finding that stuff for yourself when the game is released. I will say though that it looks awesome in motion. Those screenshots, whilst nice, really don't do it justice.

Cheers Dave, I'll have to bring it again next time to show off the audio that's just gone in.

The game looks awesome, but I'm kind of disappointed by the art style.
I was expecting a lot more color, I mean for God's sake the game is called Chroma.

haha okay

♒ben
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #365 on: May 16, 2013, 08:36:54 AM »

The touches of colour are absolutely perfect. They work really well to break up the elements that look similar and make them seem more unique
Claw
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #366 on: May 30, 2013, 10:17:56 AM »

I've submitted the game to indiecade, can't do any harm to give it a go. It's been ages since I've uploaded any videos of it so thought I'd get things a bit more up to date

Demos some of the new audio, and musical elements of the game.

AD1337
Level 9

Lucas Molina

View Profile WWW
« Reply #367 on: May 30, 2013, 10:40:03 AM »

Looks awesome, I'm sure you'll do well at indiecade.

Pixelulsar
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #368 on: May 30, 2013, 11:11:11 AM »

Good luck for Indiecade, it sounded and looked great in the video.

PypeBros
Level 0

Simplest, but not Simpler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #369 on: June 17, 2013, 01:52:47 AM »

Hold on. It could be the next Fez  Gomez ^_^
The tones produced when casting your shadow away make a nice line in the audio landscape.

Claw
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #370 on: June 20, 2013, 08:19:20 AM »

Hold on. It could be the next Fez  Gomez ^_^
The tones produced when casting your shadow away make a nice line in the audio landscape.

the next Fez will surely be Fez II  Gomez

I'm at rezzed this weekend to play some games and hopefully drink some beers and meet some people, so if you're there come find me say hi. I'll have my laptop with me so you can play chroma if you want.

Uykered
« Reply #371 on: June 24, 2013, 11:17:46 PM »

Wow, this looks pretty nice.
dhontecillas
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #372 on: July 23, 2013, 02:34:40 PM »

Just a post to follow your game dev. Like it very much, keep working on it ! Smiley
Claw
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #373 on: October 03, 2013, 12:46:16 PM »

yo, quick update to say I was at eurogamer expo last week demoing chroma, which was a lot of fun, and ended up being (bafflingly) selected as editors choice for the show: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-09-29-egx-2013-eurogamer-net-editors-choice

Crazy few days and it's got the game a bit more coverage and opened some potential doors for where it could end up...

The first area of the game (where the demo was confined to) is now pretty solid, got a lot of data from watching people play. I've gone back to level design and puzzles for the surrounding areas and had to delete a fair bit of stuff as it wasn't good. Still a lot of work to be done but it's cool to be back on other areas of the game.

My current release target is now mid-2014, hopefully that will all work out, feels like I should be making more progress than I am.

Also I may showing it off at GameCity for a couple of days which should be fun!

Zenvalley
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #374 on: October 04, 2013, 03:00:01 AM »

Congratulations! Im glad the game is getting more attention. It well deserves it. Smiley

Reilly
Level 2

14/f/tx

View Profile WWW
« Reply #375 on: October 04, 2013, 08:28:30 AM »

Such a great mechanic, keep up the good work!

Claw
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #376 on: October 17, 2013, 09:42:02 AM »

Updated the game's page and added some new screenshots: chroma.iamclaw.com

Submitted to the IGF but again not expecting much out of it (hopefully some feedback this time round). I think nowadays they tend to favour finished games, whereas the build I've sent is a cut off demo, decent amount of gameplay and all polished but just isn;t the same as a full thing.

Been focusing lately on completing the gameplay, my aim is to get that done before christmas then spend a few months doing the art, adding in the sound and polishing the shit out of everything + adding more secrets.

Finished the puzzles for 5/7 of the core areas so that's coming along well. I had a vague mechanic in my head for one area and recently something snapped in my brain and I found the missing piece to it, and I had a lot of fun coming up with a bunch of puzzles around it that work nicely

DiscoFish
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #377 on: October 17, 2013, 10:09:48 AM »

Kiss I really love this project! Good luck with it!

Bluefarmer
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #378 on: January 16, 2014, 10:11:18 AM »

Congrats on the jury pick with IGF. I love the way in which the background ambience works with the switch-tones. Are you creating melodies beforehand or is it randomized? Cheers
What is Valis
Level 0

Audio Designer | Composer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #379 on: January 16, 2014, 03:55:47 PM »

Thanks!

There are sets of predetermined verses and tones, which interlock with particular areas, that playback randomly. The whole system is still evolving, but I think we're close to getting it sorted.

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic