Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 03:36:38 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)TutorialsLearn to code flash games for $0! An introductory tutorial to actionscript 3.0
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Author Topic: Learn to code flash games for $0! An introductory tutorial to actionscript 3.0  (Read 49067 times)
increpare
« Reply #60 on: January 19, 2009, 09:06:07 AM »

Oh, that one!

Funnily enough, I didn't think it was a tutorial because it was a .zip file. But I guess it is a tutorial in a .zip file.
it's not a tutorial, so much as a reasonably clear example (except for the particle code).  worth looking at for keyboard-related code, maybe.
Hideous
That's cool.
Level 10

3D models are the best

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: January 19, 2009, 10:54:05 AM »

Actually, he is making a platformer for the next tutorial, I think.

Terry
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: January 19, 2009, 01:35:57 PM »

This is a wonderful tutorial for getting setup - thanks for helping me get started with FlashDevelop!

I really wish you'd change the title of the thread though, because it makes it look like it was posted by a random passing spambot! "Learn to Code Flash Games using Actionscript 3 and Free Development tools" or something like that would be a lot more fitting...

penguinhat
« Reply #63 on: January 20, 2009, 04:36:54 PM »

This is a very good tutorial, and it's giving me that push I needed to start making things in Flash. Thank you very much for the time you have put into this.

Here's a question however. Say I wanted to make a rubber brush, that would remove the lines drawn to the screen while the mouse is being held down. Like the How would I do that? I suppose you could just draw over the lines in white, but that wouldn't solve the problem of having an animated background behind the line. Is there a way to undraw lines? Am I just being stupid and totally misunderstanding how Flash draws things to screen?
Halcyon
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 09, 2009, 03:05:23 AM »

Great tutorial, easy to follow and very helpful. I am very much looking forward to your next tutorial, trying to convert other actionscript tutorials from the flash IDE to FlashDevelop can be confusing. Hopefully things such as loading and using bitmaps or images and other such things that the flash IDE essentially handles easily will be covered in the next installment, it has me a little stumped.  Sad

Actually, he is making a platformer for the next tutorial, I think.
That would be awesome!  Beg
« Last Edit: February 09, 2009, 03:17:16 AM by Halcyon » Logged
Sash
« Reply #65 on: May 14, 2009, 06:10:20 PM »

Man i wish flash develop was available for mac.  Cry
But still, awesome work dude, why was I not informed of this tutorial earlier? This would have been about the same time i was learning as3 anyway. You should definitely think about doing a more Object Oriented one for people that want to take as3 a bit further.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic