Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411656 Posts in 69395 Topics- by 58451 Members - Latest Member: Monkey Nuts

May 15, 2024, 04:15:05 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsHiddenThe DromeValley of the DeadUnpaid WorkPixel Artist Needed for Fangame
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Pixel Artist Needed for Fangame  (Read 1692 times)
BlasterBoy
Level 0

View Profile
« on: June 01, 2012, 03:21:50 AM »

This is pretty much an idea for a Touhou fangame that I came up while playing Prinny 2. It was a random thought to come up with a Touhou version of such a game. This idea, however, I based more on the prequel.

Anyway....

What's the Genre? A Hack-and-Slash Platformer
What's the Plot? Remilia Scarlet is picky as usual and asks Sakuya and Meiling to explore Gensokyo and find recipes for new dishes.
What's the Gameplay? Explore through various Genoskyo locales, like the Hakurei Shrine, to find recipes. You will be able to choose from either the maid Sakuya or the gatekeeper, Meiling, each having their own unique style of play. Defeat enemies on your way to the boss and defeat it to be rewarded with a recipe. Each area has a day and night segment. Depending on which you play, you will end up fighting different bosses and attaining different recipes.

Planned Stages
Hakurei Shrine
Forest of Magic
Bamboo Forest
Eientei
Hell of Blazing Fires
Mayohiga
Moriya Shrine
Haguyokoro
Palanquin Ship

Currently, I'm working on the prototype for the game. So I'll just post them here and explain where I plan to go with it thus far.

I don't have a pixel artist, so I'm using filler sprites. Like Marisa's sprite from New Super Marisa Land.

What Are the Prototype Screenshots?

Test level layout. I plan to add more to the interface if possible.

You stomp on enemies to stun them for a while. You will then be able to attack normally to get rid of them, but as this sprite doesn't have an attacking pose, I couldn't implement that just yet.

Reach the end of the level and you'll get to a transporter that carries you to the level's boss.

Like Prinny, you'll need to stun the boss in order to damage it. The skulls show how many times you need to stomp the boss to make them vulnerable.

What Do You Plan To Do Next?
-Dashing
-Checkpoints
-Test cutscene
-Boss attacks
-Boss death
-Enemies that attack

What Are You Looking For?
As you can see, I don't really have a pixel artists so that's what I'm looking for at the moment.  What kind of style? Perhaps something like this:

Welp, that's pretty much it. Thanks for taking the time to check this out. I'll be sure to do my best on this, and if anyone's willing to help out, let me know.
BlasterBoy
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2012, 07:58:20 PM »

http://www.mediafire.com/?8poq7f5dpi536t2

Okay, this is sort of a demo I have set. Of course I have a LOT more to add.

Hopefully, my next post will have more.  However, the placeholder sprites are running out of usefulness. I will appreciate the help of any pixel artist who wants to offer their assistance with this.
Elk
Level 1

エルク

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2012, 08:19:39 PM »

Hey this looks pretty nice, I'd be willing to do some tile/environment work for you if you want Smiley

Before I do, I wish to see you work more with placeholders
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 08:25:35 PM by Elk » Logged

For business inquiries send me a forum PM! No Revenue-Share stuff without proper contract.
BlasterBoy
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2012, 07:27:04 AM »

Hey this looks pretty nice, I'd be willing to do some tile/environment work for you if you want Smiley

Before I do, I wish to see you work more with placeholders

Oh thanks. But right now I just need some custom sprites to practice with. I can work more with the placeholders, but things will look awkward if I continue from this point. I need proper sprites for this.
BlasterBoy
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2012, 05:22:44 AM »

Bumping again.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic