Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411426 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 10:53:33 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsCollaborations[Small Portraits, 54px] Post-apocalyptic cartoon character avatar images
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: [Small Portraits, 54px] Post-apocalyptic cartoon character avatar images  (Read 1862 times)
qubodup
Level 1

icons?

View Profile WWW
« on: June 01, 2012, 08:40:21 AM »

Hello,

I'm a contributor to DccNiTghtmare (aka DNT) which is an in-development, open source role-playing computer game, heavily inspired by the Fallout series.

I would like find artists to make character portraits for this game, licensed under a free license (see below). You will be given credit and will effectively enrich the sum of open source game art this way, as your work will be usable by other projects, thanks to the clear licensing terms.

Style/Color Scheme:
I recommend using the portraits that are so far in the game as inspiration. I would describe it as post-apocalyptic, dirty, crazy, cartoon style:

Some art has been submitted on an opengameart thread, which will probably also be added:

Image: additional good, not yet in-game portraits

Size:
54x54px
Can be bigger but must look good at 54x54px.

Type of Graphic:
Portraits of various player and non-player characters. For player characters, see the possible configuration options for inspiration:
  • _ _ Gender: Male, Female, Transgender
  • _ _ Students of: administration, biology, computer science, journalism, law, mechanical engineering, medicine, music, philosophy, physical education, physiotherapy, occupational therapy
  • _ _ Races: strange autists, "boy"/"patty", goths, hippies, common humans, human lamas, headbangers, mutant human crickets, skinheads
The main goal is to replace the current placeholder portraits but feel free to come up with completely new designs!

Image: Current placeholder portraits

Preference on how the image is constructed/made:
Background has to be transparent.
Ideally with layered .xcf or .psd, so colors (clothing, skin, etc.) can be easily switched.
If you want, you can upload directly to OpenGameArt (no registration required) so it is instantly archived.

Other Comments:
Please give permission to use your work under CC0, Attribution 3.0 license or Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 license. Do this by adding one of the following lines to your post:

Code:
I release this work under the terms of http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/
Code:
I release this work under the terms of http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/
Code:
I release this work under the terms of http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/

More info about the game:
You can download and play the latest release of DNT for Linux, Mac OS X or Windows.

Image: In-game screenshot [more]

Image: Character selection screens

I hope this open game project interests anybody here! Smiley
qubodup
Level 1

icons?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2012, 05:25:01 AM »

There have been some contributions and the current set of in-game portraits is:

What an improvement!
Pages: [1]
Print