Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 05:12:17 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsOrionvela Mission
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Author Topic: Orionvela Mission  (Read 12389 times)
unsilentwill
Level 9

O, the things left unsaid!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: October 04, 2012, 04:02:05 PM »

How's this going these days?

Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 08, 2012, 12:44:15 AM »

How's this going these days?

Very well! I was banned  Who, Me? from these forums but that ban seems to be expired now.

But I continued with the game as normal. All the core features which I have talked earlier are pretty much done now. Of course there has been some changes, mostly in family/breeding area of the game. There is no chance of doing a even simple "dating game" within this project, as such would be so complicated and large feature block even in small degree. In the end, this is not nor supposed to be dating game.

The game worlds society works so that if you have very good genetic health, you can be pretty successful in finding a partner and having a children. There is an item called "DNA scanner" which helps you to find suitable partners to ensure healthy children. But without this item, it is little bit more challenging to find suitable partners. Of course if you are a female player, you can just have a artificial insemination in clinic and it is easy as that.

---

Besides than doing the core features and graphics, I've been also started to make mock-up sound and music design. Sounds have mostly informative function, they are sometimes important aspects of gameplay functions. Musics are mostly for setting a atmospherics and moods. Sure, there are some exceptions as when music is diegetic or non-diegetic.

---

I am about to finish a "first episode" of the game, which I like to call it (however this doesn't mean that the game is released in two parts). After that I start to work on the second episode.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 08, 2012, 02:13:28 AM »

cool! are you going to release a demo of some sort?
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 08, 2012, 04:54:22 AM »

cool! are you going to release a demo of some sort?

Quite possibly yes, but not before we go through various beta testing phases. There are still few fatal bugs that needs to be work out :D

Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 01, 2012, 12:13:38 AM »

Update:

I am sorry to inform that I have to step away from the development of this game for next 6 months at least. This is due the commercial game project I am involved in. Currently I can't release more details, but I am sure we or I will tell you about this later.

It doesn't matter however, this Orionvela is great project which I will get back to whenever I have such possibility. I have lots of great ideas for this, and they get even better when I have more time to think them out Smiley

eyeliner
Level 10

I'm afraid of americans...

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 05, 2012, 07:41:33 AM »

Bummer. I hope you have a lot of profit and get back to this.

Yeah.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic