Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411516 Posts in 69380 Topics- by 58436 Members - Latest Member: GlitchyPSI

May 01, 2024, 10:00:10 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsInspiraStory
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: InspiraStory  (Read 739 times)
nexus
Level 0

View Profile
« on: June 02, 2012, 10:08:33 AM »

InspiraStory
Date: 02/06/2012
Progress: 1.3%
Release Date: Expected end of 2013 (long time lol)

A couple of months ago I came up with an idea for a game that could really tell a story and still be fun. I have always wanted a game that takes components from the games I enjoy and wraps them into one. This is where InspiraStory stemmed from.

Over the past 10 or so years of my life, I have played some of what I see, as the best games in history. These include games like FF9, FF10, Pokemon, Dungeon Defenders, Minecraft and Terraria. There are more, it's these games that are in my brain constantly though.

So, where should I begin with the game and it's current progress?

The Idea:

So, InspiraStory let's players create their own worlds, fight monsters, trade, and share their stories/worlds. As you enter the game there will be some character customisation and class to choose. The classes don't change much apart from gender/looks and fighting styles. After you have created your character you enter you world. This will be a flat plain with the look of a platformer, without the platforms. After you enter the world you will be given some guidance in what you should do to start your adventure.

Now that already sounds a lot but believe me, there is more to come. heck, I may as well explain it all now.

You will be given a tool that will allow you to "dig" and collect resources. Now, these resources can be lots of different things. It could be money/equipment/better tools/ and materials to build your world. This will be things like wood/metal and even gold/crystals.

When you dig up these resources you will be then given the use of the "WorkBench". In the workbench, which is a nice full screen GUI with drag and drop functionality, you can get to work, making almost anything you want. You can create pully systems, spinning things, a desk.. whatever you want.

When you are done creating something, you can place it in your world. "Oh wow, that sounds....boring" I hear you say. Well stop! with these creations you are able to send it to ANYONE who is in the online world of InspiraStory. When you send your items, they are placed in a random place on someone's world, they will most likely have to find it by digging it up. Once they find it, you receive money/exp and the person who finds it can do they exact same thing you have done. They can keep it, sell it, send to another random world and receive some exp/money (not as much as the original though).

Now, as the items are sent around, you may think, "but if I make something cool and am nice enough to send it to someone, and someone sends me some crappy thing, what then". Well, I will tell you. There will be an InspiraStory website where a users collected and sent items are tracked through your profile. Users will have ratings and with ratings the player earns exp/money and ratings are earnt through people visiting the website and upvoting/downvoting content. So hopefully this will be a good way to keep the crap out of the system.

That's all the information I'm going to put out there just now. I will post the rest of the ideas and some better formatting soon!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic