Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 02:42:43 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesDark Souls and Bloodborne
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 355
Print
Author Topic: Dark Souls and Bloodborne  (Read 533620 times)
Ben_Hurr
Level 10

nom nom nom

View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: December 17, 2012, 06:33:39 PM »

Dark Souls II

I better be able to drive a chainsaw bus through hollows in lordran
SundownKid
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1361 on: December 17, 2012, 10:36:54 PM »

the people with the most humanity are rhea and sieglinde (both relatively rational), but right after them are lautrec and patches (who are on the crazy side of the npc spectrum).... while andre and dusk (equal in mental standing to the first two) have none at all

there doesn't seem to be too much of a relationship between humanity and sanity; it's a random spread

If we try to reason this out, it's clear why Rhea, Seiglinde and Patches would have the most Humanity.

Both Rhea and Seiglinde came from the outside pretty recently, and Seiglinde isn't even an undead. They also have the most normal personalities (e.g. not crazy or malicious).

Both Patches and Lautrec probably didn't start out with many, and then found or stole them exactly like you did (which is why Patches offers some spare humanities to you when you threaten him).

Petrus has few Humanities compared to the others because he's either evil or insane. It really does have some relation to their sanity, or the relative amount of evil in them, save for the various friendly NPCs like Oswald or the Blacksmiths who you aren't supposed to kill, and therefore don't give you any Humanities.

Rats give you Humanity because they share a lot of DNA with humans. Or have you never heard of "lab rats"? Big Laff
« Last Edit: December 17, 2012, 10:42:53 PM by SundownKid » Logged

Ben_Hurr
Level 10

nom nom nom

View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: December 18, 2012, 06:23:42 AM »

Rats give you Humanity because they share a lot of DNA with humans. Or have you never heard of "lab rats"?
Or because giant zombie rats eat corpses whole.

"Lacking humanity? You can try buttering up a cleric and getting yourself summoned, or you can scavenge bits and pieces of it off of corpses."

In effect, that would make all scavengers veritable humanity batteries after awhile.  Durr...?
I have no explanation for why skeltal babies have so much humanity though.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 06:29:34 AM by Ben_Hurr » Logged
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: December 18, 2012, 07:58:07 AM »

no the rats are a DEEP ART MESSAGE about animal rights and the skeleton babbys are a DEEP ART MESSAGE about abortion!!!
Belimoth
Level 10

high-heeled cyberbully

View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: December 18, 2012, 08:12:52 AM »

Oolacile is an allegory for conflict in the Middle East.

Serpents = Zionism
Artorias = USA
Etc.

gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #1365 on: December 18, 2012, 10:14:42 AM »

Oh I have already made a joke about rogue's soul can made another one Huh?
Maybe rogue's soul 2 will be made by neo suda

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: December 18, 2012, 11:32:36 AM »

I heard Half-Life 2™: Episode 3 will include a preorder code for your Sonic clone. Is this true?
ink.inc
« Reply #1367 on: December 18, 2012, 11:35:46 AM »

If we try to reason this out...

Hmm. I guess that makes sense.
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: December 18, 2012, 12:09:14 PM »

I heard Half-Life 2™: Episode 3 will include a preorder code for your Sonic clone. Is this true?

Sega does not approve game that are just clearly superior like the street of rage remake, as long a fangame is superior but is too short to compare with real product. My 100+ h gameplay does not qualify Big Laff

SundownKid
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1369 on: December 18, 2012, 03:38:13 PM »

Rats give you Humanity because they share a lot of DNA with humans. Or have you never heard of "lab rats"?
Or because giant zombie rats eat corpses whole.

"Lacking humanity? You can try buttering up a cleric and getting yourself summoned, or you can scavenge bits and pieces of it off of corpses."

In effect, that would make all scavengers veritable humanity batteries after awhile.  Durr...?
I have no explanation for why skeltal babies have so much humanity though.

The rat explanation doesn't explain why rats are the ONLY ones with a high humanity drop rate besides the babies. Since the other monsters would likely have had equally as many humans to feast on, we have to assume that the rats are innately more human and therefore obtain Humanity in the same way. After all, how can you hold Humanity if you are not human?

The baby thing is pretty self-explanatory, they give you more humanity because, well, they're human. The skeletons and ghouls probably lost their humanity while the babies were sacrificed against their will, preserving the humanity.

Blademasterbobo
Level 10

dum

View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: December 18, 2012, 03:41:15 PM »

you have to crawl around in a sewer hunting rats to get humanity

it's

pretty obvious what they were going for

you guys are dum, humanity (or lack thereof) isn't why npcs go hollow. look at how the pyro dude, onion head dude, sunlight dude, and the blue dude all turn hollow. it has to do with giving up or finishing their quests. nothing to do with humanity whatsoever.

Hand Point Left Hand Shake Left Hand Thumbs Down Left Hand Thumbs Up Left Bro Fist Left Hand Metal Left Toast Left Hand Fork Left Hand Money Left Hand Clap Hand Any Key Tiger Hand Joystick Hand Pencil Hand Money Right Hand Knife Right Toast Right Hand Metal Right Bro Fist Right Hand Thumbs Up Right Hand Thumbs Down Right Hand Shake Right Hand Point Right
SundownKid
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1371 on: December 18, 2012, 03:46:57 PM »

you have to crawl around in a sewer hunting rats to get humanity

it's

pretty obvious what they were going for

you guys are dum, humanity has nothing to do with the npcs going hollow. look at how the pyro dude, onion head dude, sunlight dude, and the blue dude all turn hollow. it has to do with giving up or finishing their quests. nothing to do with humanity whatsoever.

Not necessarily, since Solaire doesn't go hollow if you save him. Seigmeyer goes hollow ostensibly because he was defeated while trying to travel to Ash Lake. The game strongly hints that people go hollow when they attempt to leave but are defeated by the monsters, hence the Crestfallen Warrior going hollow soon after leaving Firelink.

It's actually far easier to farm humanity by killing babies than hunting rats. Another message perhaps?  Big Laff

Blademasterbobo
Level 10

dum

View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: December 18, 2012, 03:58:09 PM »

pyro guy and sunlight guy both go hollow when they find what they're looking for. i'm not gonna bother interrupting your debate anymore, but you're all dumb and wrong.

Hand Point Left Hand Shake Left Hand Thumbs Down Left Hand Thumbs Up Left Bro Fist Left Hand Metal Left Toast Left Hand Fork Left Hand Money Left Hand Clap Hand Any Key Tiger Hand Joystick Hand Pencil Hand Money Right Hand Knife Right Toast Right Hand Metal Right Bro Fist Right Hand Thumbs Up Right Hand Thumbs Down Right Hand Shake Right Hand Point Right
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: December 18, 2012, 04:27:43 PM »

of course hollowing is related to death. it's the flame burning your soul away which apparently happens when you die.

the guy who rescues you from the asylum literally says "i'll die and then go insane," your character turns hollow when you die (crestfallen warrior says "you're nearly hollow" actually, meaning the more withered your body looks, the closer you get to hollowing). also gwyn looks hollow when you fight him, which is where im taking the "flame burning your soul" thing from.

also sunbro and logan don't go hollow because they don't look like zombies, they just go regular mad i think.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 04:37:11 PM by C.A. Sinclair » Logged
Blademasterbobo
Level 10

dum

View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: December 18, 2012, 04:36:21 PM »

Laurentius, not Logan

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #1375 on: December 18, 2012, 04:44:18 PM »

yeah laurentius does go hollow (iirc, didn't really bother looking at his face when i fought him). so?
Blademasterbobo
Level 10

dum

View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: December 18, 2012, 04:59:54 PM »

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: December 18, 2012, 05:03:52 PM »

Shocked Shocked Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Who, Me? Who, Me? Facepalm Facepalm Facepalm Shrug Sad Toast Left Coffee Beer! Yawn Tears of Joy
Ben_Hurr
Level 10

nom nom nom

View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: December 18, 2012, 07:20:25 PM »

On another note, I find it hillarious that as soon as Laurentius goes off after some chaos pyromancy, he presumably gets killed by mosquitoes. Cheesy
SundownKid
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1379 on: December 18, 2012, 07:26:36 PM »

On another note, I find it hillarious that as soon as Laurentius goes off after some chaos pyromancy, he presumably gets killed by mosquitoes. Cheesy

That's Blighttown for ya... or maybe he just didn't use the shortcut through New Londo and went the long way back through the sewers. Since the shortcut is optional, he ostensibly would have gone that way.

pyro guy and sunlight guy both go hollow when they find what they're looking for. i'm not gonna bother interrupting your debate anymore, but you're all dumb and wrong.

No, Laurentius never found Quelana - she is invisible! Also, Sunbro doesn't go hollow, he just goes insane. When you go hollow, you look like a zombie, and Sunbro was not zombified. If he was, he would never have been able to talk to you during the battle.

Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 355
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic