Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 07:47:22 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesDark Souls and Bloodborne
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 355
Print
Author Topic: Dark Souls and Bloodborne  (Read 526987 times)
Dragonmaw
« Reply #1460 on: January 05, 2013, 04:17:16 PM »

you keep the greataxe even if you chop the tail off.

btw gaping dragon is real easy. dodge his attacks until he does his charge. after the charge he spends like 10s just kinda standing there. use that time to beat the snot out of him.
Blademasterbobo
Level 10

dum

View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: January 05, 2013, 06:53:45 PM »

uhhhh if you chop the tail off and die, it always respawns with the tail... the only boss that doesn't do that is bed of chaos

Hand Point Left Hand Shake Left Hand Thumbs Down Left Hand Thumbs Up Left Bro Fist Left Hand Metal Left Toast Left Hand Fork Left Hand Money Left Hand Clap Hand Any Key Tiger Hand Joystick Hand Pencil Hand Money Right Hand Knife Right Toast Right Hand Metal Right Bro Fist Right Hand Thumbs Up Right Hand Thumbs Down Right Hand Shake Right Hand Point Right
ink.inc
« Reply #1462 on: January 05, 2013, 06:58:36 PM »

my little brother beat the gam

so proud
Hangedman
Level 10

Two milkmen go comedy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1463 on: January 05, 2013, 07:44:15 PM »

right so i beat him. took long enough.

And then I got through ALL OF BLIGHTTOWN IN ONE LIFE by being super careful and getting everything.

And then I ran through the valley, up through new londo, and right down the goddamn firelink elevator shaft because i forgot you had to call it.
And then on my way back up I glitched through the waterwheel elevator thing and fell and died.
GG From.

Also, darkroot garden was a breeze after doing blighttown first

EDIT: Apparently I completely missed Quelaag. Guess I got to go back and do that.
But maybe you can understand my hurry to get the hell out of there
« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 08:08:47 PM by Hangedman » Logged

AUST
ITIAMOSIWE (Play it on NG!) - Vision
There but for the grace of unfathomably complex math go I
Hangedman
Level 10

Two milkmen go comedy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1464 on: January 05, 2013, 08:16:42 PM »

-26000 souls
-9 humanity
-1 dignity

yeah it's not a lot later but it kind of is now.
and yeah i should've spent some of the souls but i really, really wanted to get out, and to blow them on equip upgrades

AUST
ITIAMOSIWE (Play it on NG!) - Vision
There but for the grace of unfathomably complex math go I
zalzane
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: January 05, 2013, 10:04:16 PM »

>amazing ring ahead

YOU WONT FOOL ME AGAIN DARK SOULS
Moczan
« Reply #1466 on: January 06, 2013, 04:23:26 PM »

Finally got the game yesterday, it's as good as I though it will be. I'm playing without any wiki or guides (regarding places, items, enemies, bosses etc. I read some basics about stats to know mechanics a bit better) and I love discovering new entrance, treasure or enemy (second Black Knight  Lips Sealed ) behind every corner. I was lost at the beginning, hacking through skeletons thinking "yeah, they said that the game will be hard" until I've discovered that you can go up the aqueduct. The game presented me with ruins and 3 entrances, I had to learn to look behind me myself. And I guess that already makes me love the game.
I'm on Bell Gargoyles right now, after my first attempt I've got the tail axe (accidentally) but when the second one came, I fell off the rooftop while dodging while they were both at ~30% health. I should be able to kill them on 2nd/3rd attempt.

Also, backstabbing boar = gross

Does running DSfix with everything off and native resolution has a negative impact on performance? My GPU isn't that fast, but the default language was retarded (my OS is set to English, I still got game with lame translation in my native language) and hiding mouse is nice.
deathtotheweird
« Reply #1467 on: January 06, 2013, 05:21:30 PM »

if it does turn out to impact performance negatively you can just disable it, which is as simple as deleting a few files.

my old 3850 was able to run dark souls at 60fps just fine at my monitor's native res (1440x900), so it should be fine unless your gpu is even older than that.
zalzane
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: January 07, 2013, 12:36:26 AM »

i had the worst time with gargoyles because i didn't realize it was a defensive fight.

then one of those player-made-hint-runes showed up that said their weakness was lightning, I applied one of those lightning marble thingamabobs to my halbred, and 4 shot the first gargoyle. what a pushover.
Ashkin
« Reply #1469 on: January 07, 2013, 02:50:54 AM »

I beat the bell gargoyles today (no lightning, suck it zalzane). The key was realizing that the second gargoyle turns really slowly when it's breathing fire- so you can run around it and hit it. Felt awesome to beat it.
Moczan
« Reply #1470 on: January 07, 2013, 12:12:11 PM »

I also defeated bell gargoyles today, without using lighting, but I guess I may be a bit overleveled at that point, I defeated them with 2-handing Black Knight Sword and I used the souls I've got after battle to pump my Strength to 20. Now I can 1-hand Black Knigh Sword with 100%-shield being under 50% load.

With that setup I went to lower parts of the city and I encountered the infamous Capra Demon. It one-hitted me in 5 seconds (didn't expect that at all). I've managed to kill him on my 4th try, which I guess is quite fine, but still may be due to my overleveled character. I got the Depth key, I'm not really sure where the entrance is, so I'm searching for it right now!

Oh, and I've also kicked the skeletons' asses, as the revenge for the hard time they gave me when I started. There were some stairs to underground in the cemetery, but the skeletons there kept surviving so I've got scared and run away.
SundownKid
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1471 on: January 07, 2013, 01:38:10 PM »

There's no way out of the Crypts except backtracking the other way, so holding off on it until you gain the ability to leave in a... quicker fashion might be a good idea - unless of course you really want to try out the Gravelord Covenant (which is really hard to find, by the way). You can upgrade your number of Estus down there too, if you really want to.

The Skeletons can be killed by destroying the necromancer controlling them, OR by using a divine weapon.

Belimoth
Level 10

high-heeled cyberbully

View Profile
« Reply #1472 on: January 07, 2013, 02:41:30 PM »

Protip: You can cheat your way through the catacombs early on by pushing the skeletons off cliffs one by one until you get to the next necromancer.

Just take your time and try not to aggro more than two or three at once. The necromancers die permanently like Black Knights so you can also just rush past the skeletons once you know where they're hiding.

Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #1473 on: January 07, 2013, 03:07:26 PM »

If you can get to the bottom of the Catacombs and kill the boss, it's VERY worth it. But the wheel skellies outside of the boss room are really tough and you have to be careful not to aggro more than one of them at a time. They aggro from miles away and will tear your shield to pieces.

My finished games: Griddy RPG
My current project: SummonerRL
On hold: Griddy Heroes
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #1474 on: January 07, 2013, 03:11:10 PM »

thankfully the boss himself is a chump
Ashkin
« Reply #1475 on: January 07, 2013, 03:26:50 PM »

Killed Capra Demon. Not as hard as I expected. Moving on to Depths.
zalzane
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #1476 on: January 07, 2013, 10:51:58 PM »

i accidentally got capra demon stuck on the stairs, so i was able to just nuke him from a few meters away for the entire fight.

depths was really fun, and i highly suggest doing it blind if you even slightly follow any guides, including the boss.

right now plowing through blighttown, definitely the coolest part of the game so far.
Ashkin
« Reply #1477 on: January 07, 2013, 11:21:28 PM »

Up to the giant rat in the depths. Since I humanized and kindled the bonfire, Kirk the thornmaster showed up but he was pretty easy to defeat- though there was a moment of panic when I wondered why my world was being invaded despite being offline. I ended up getting cursed at some point, but I lifted that rather easily. Both looking forward to and dreading whatever I'll have to fight in that huge, wide-open space.
Moczan
« Reply #1478 on: January 08, 2013, 12:00:21 AM »

Since I'm retarded and I didn't see the stairs next to Capra Demon's little room, I've been wandering around other locations looking for Depths entrance. What it led to, was a return to Undead Asylum. It's another one of those "this game keeps surprising me" moments. I was sure I'm pretty much glitching through environment and I may get stuck/just die (like I did in other countless places), BUT THE GAME HAS AN ACTUAL PLATFORMING SEQUENCE.
I can't finish the return visit, while Black Knights aren't that hard to defeat anymore, Stray Demon just one-hit-KOs me with his farts  Sad
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #1479 on: January 08, 2013, 12:07:58 AM »

I was sure I'm pretty much glitching through environment and I may get stuck/just die (like I did in other countless places)
are you using the 60fps hack?
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 355
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic