Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 27, 2024, 09:27:27 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesDark Souls and Bloodborne
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 355
Print
Author Topic: Dark Souls and Bloodborne  (Read 534153 times)
zalzane
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #1600 on: January 22, 2013, 02:56:14 PM »

what dark souls really needs is a gravity and/or portal gun as well as a humorous ending song.

what dark souls really needs is a difficulty slider and an option for voice chat
Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1601 on: January 22, 2013, 03:00:22 PM »

The only thing Dark Souls needs is to not make you push A to remove the picked up item message that blocks boss HP and takes up too much screen real estate.

Everything else is perfect. Dark Souls is gaming's formal apology for itself.

Klaim
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1602 on: January 22, 2013, 03:26:36 PM »

What I miss in both souls games is a way to read again texts. That said it forces me to be attentive but sometimes I miss a part of some text that will never be told again (without replaying the whole game).

Ben_Hurr
Level 10

nom nom nom

View Profile
« Reply #1603 on: January 22, 2013, 08:40:08 PM »

what dark souls needs is to not disable half the controls when you read a orange soapstone message

oh, and also tell you what item you're about to pick up when you're in range (I don't want your smelly hollow armor, dead hollow warrior!)
SundownKid
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1604 on: January 22, 2013, 08:42:17 PM »

A lot of the messages could easily just pop up without the need for player interaction, such as the soapstone messages, item messages, et cetera.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #1605 on: January 23, 2013, 12:41:42 AM »

A lot of the messages could easily just pop up without the need for player interaction, such as the soapstone messages, item messages, et cetera.
nah, too distracting when youre in the middle of a fight.
Klaim
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1606 on: January 23, 2013, 06:38:14 AM »

Yeah, also it would break immersion a lot. I'm tempted to remove the UI altogether because of the incredible immersion force of the game.

SundownKid
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1607 on: January 23, 2013, 04:15:37 PM »

nah, too distracting when youre in the middle of a fight.

The soapstone messages are unreadable when you're in a boss battle, and they could just not pop up when you are being targeted by an enemy or you could choose when they toggle on and off.

Here's an example of what the message system could have looked like:

With the message just fading in and out as long as you stand on it. Pressing A to read a message is stupid and makes a lot of the people not bother to read them.

Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1608 on: January 23, 2013, 04:22:35 PM »

With the message just fading in and out as long as you stand on it. Pressing A to read a message is stupid and makes a lot of the people not bother to read them.

Pushing A is such a pain in the ass. I wish I didn't have to push ANY buttons to play a game. I can't believe that to read a thing in a video game I still have to push the A button.

(psst, nobody is not reading them because they don't want to push A)

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #1609 on: January 23, 2013, 05:19:09 PM »

The soapstone messages are unreadable when you're in a boss battle, and they could just not pop up when you are being targeted by an enemy or you could choose when they toggle on and off.
still sounds a lot more annoying than just pressing A haha

also where do you get the idea that no one reads messages?
Uykered
« Reply #1610 on: January 23, 2013, 05:25:49 PM »

What the message system should look like on the online mode:
Ben_Hurr
Level 10

nom nom nom

View Profile
« Reply #1611 on: January 23, 2013, 06:03:55 PM »

...they should look blank?

And maybe becuase only very few messages actually have ratings, hurdur
SundownKid
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1612 on: January 23, 2013, 06:16:33 PM »

At least in the PC version, no one bothers to rate messages, it's too much of a pain. I'm making a game where you press a button to read text, I know that pressing A isn't that much of a pain, however, why not streamline the system and make messages easier to see and rate? It's no different than having a giant "PRESS A TO READ" thing pop up when you're standing on a message, except you've read it already.

If you can toggle the messages on and off with a button press like Select, there's no problem where you don't want to read the messages and they show up anyway. Going through the game the first time? Turn real time messages on. Backtracking? Turn them off.

HöllenKobold
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1613 on: January 23, 2013, 06:42:11 PM »

What the message system should look like on the online mode:

This is harsh. Evaluate me.
there.

Hell pits tend to be disguised as
things that would lead a passerby to
not think of them as portals to
eternal gnashing and wailing.
Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1614 on: January 23, 2013, 06:47:05 PM »

no one bothers to rate messages

That's because people just don't care about rating messages. Regardless of how easy it is.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #1615 on: January 23, 2013, 06:51:43 PM »

in demon's souls there's no soapstone, youre just using select to both rate and write messages, and guess what, you come across tons of messages with ratings in the 100s even tho you have to press a button(!!!!) to read them. it's all the soap stone's fault.

but then demon's souls' multiplayer culture is better in general. there are less spawncampers and lagstabbers in pvp too.
Ben_Hurr
Level 10

nom nom nom

View Profile
« Reply #1616 on: January 23, 2013, 07:04:28 PM »

Theres also actual consequences if you fuck up in pvp or coop, at least as much as you value a lost level.

I actually wonder how viable spawn-camping even is in DS when its way more expensive to be in human form, and there's way less 'dickhead overpowered invader' behaviour in the first place.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 07:15:31 PM by Ben_Hurr » Logged
zalzane
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #1617 on: January 23, 2013, 07:06:43 PM »

Theres also actual consequences if you fuck up in pvp or coop, at least as much as you value a lost level.

this would just make me terribly hesitant to ever try pvp
Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1618 on: January 23, 2013, 07:11:07 PM »

this would just make me terribly hesitant to ever try pvp

The beauty is you don't have much of a choice. Unless you play the entire game dead, or offline, people will walk up in your game and bust your head open just because.

Belimoth
Level 10

high-heeled cyberbully

View Profile
« Reply #1619 on: January 23, 2013, 07:12:00 PM »

Oh no, consequences for failure, what is that even doing in a game like this.

Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 355
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic