Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411279 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 02:16:01 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesDark Souls and Bloodborne
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 355
Print
Author Topic: Dark Souls and Bloodborne  (Read 526586 times)
Ashkin
« Reply #1960 on: May 03, 2013, 02:34:35 PM »

Quote from: Gabriel Verdon
AMAZING SHIELD DESIGN

I want the armor set that goes with this! (I bet it'd have antlers)
I am all for any armor with antlers. Heck, I want armor that has antlers sprouting from every available space.
Klaim
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1961 on: May 04, 2013, 02:44:11 AM »

Both designs are insanely cool. Is the last one inspired by Berserk? It looks like one of the bad guys from that manga (which I know inspired Dark Souls a lot).

Klaim
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1962 on: May 04, 2013, 03:32:50 AM »

Fun, the bad guy I'm thinking about is after this part, so you didn't read it yet. You'll be surprised how similar his face is to your design, at least in it's expression.

gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #1963 on: May 04, 2013, 08:14:33 AM »

@Klaim
Well, there are quite a lot of bad guys in Berserk, so I can't really say it was inspired by any one of them specifically, but Berserk tends to inspire everything I make in one way or another. Also, I'm at the part where they meet Schierke and Flora, so I was in the mood for something sylvan and woodsy.

Cheesy at the irony

nekokoneko
« Reply #1964 on: May 04, 2013, 10:35:05 AM »

I think the witch arc is my favorite part of Berserk, it made the world feel so much richer.
Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1965 on: May 04, 2013, 06:09:15 PM »

This just happened to me:

C.D Buckmaster
Level 7

Death via video games

View Profile
« Reply #1966 on: May 04, 2013, 07:24:36 PM »

After getting stuck at the Capra demon for a while, I eventually decided to create a new character, who rather being super quick and agile, is more purely offensive, with pyromancy and the zweihander.  The game is so much easier now, I managed to defeat the Capra demon first try (although I died in the attempt) and I'm now up to the Dukes Archives.

Did the Anor Londo archers get nerfed in the patch?  Because I just ran up the ledge and slammed them into the ground.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #1967 on: May 05, 2013, 04:26:04 PM »

anor londo archers are only really "hard" if you don't know how to deal with them. if you already spoiled yourself before playing the gam they'll probably be easier.

EDIT: oops i didn't know there was another patch, i haven't really played the game over the last couple months.
Raptor85
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1968 on: May 05, 2013, 06:27:00 PM »

anor londo archers are only really "hard" if you don't know how to deal with them. if you already spoiled yourself before playing the gam they'll probably be easier.

EDIT: oops i didn't know there was another patch, i haven't really played the game over the last couple months.
Nah, they're still the same, they've always been really easy if you're even half decent at dodging and timing their shots, it's only really the first time you come across them that you have to sit there and figure out wtf you intend to do to get by, because you're generally not that great at dodging and almost invariably doing the standard rpg heavy armor with biggest weapon you can find your first playthrough.

-Fuzzy Spider
Klaim
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1969 on: May 06, 2013, 03:13:40 AM »

You say that because you don't have Havel's armor.  Tired

Actually I still manage them by timing but I have to be hit once before reaching the left archer and being not-visible for the right one, which let me kill them one by one then.

Klaim
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1970 on: May 06, 2013, 03:21:00 AM »

Holy shit guys!

Source: http://besnglist.deviantart.com/art/Dark-Souls-369834103?q=gallery%3Abesnglist&qo=0

Via a friend on twitter: https://twitter.com/DanieleGiardini/status/331367223409135616

C.D Buckmaster
Level 7

Death via video games

View Profile
« Reply #1971 on: May 06, 2013, 03:28:09 AM »

I didn't look up anything beforehand, I just knew they existed.  I guess I got lucky then.

Also, I managed to defeat Seath the scaleless, which involved the most tedious bonfire run yet.  Luckily he doesn't have too much defense, so I was able to take away most of his health with great chaos fireballs, although it took me a while to realise the best way to avoid his crystal attacks, dying from curse attacks just made him even more frustrating.
nekokoneko
« Reply #1972 on: May 06, 2013, 03:38:28 AM »

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/272/c/e/dark_souls_wrb_by_arsenixc-d5gao0l.jpg
Belimoth
Level 10

high-heeled cyberbully

View Profile
« Reply #1973 on: May 07, 2013, 11:31:23 AM »

Love your designs, the hand one is my favorite.

Bandages
« Reply #1974 on: May 07, 2013, 11:44:38 AM »

I like the bird

I like birds and I like silver

I like the eyes in the wings

I wish my laptop could play Dark Souls (even on lowest settings) because there's no way in Hell it'll be able to play Dark Souls 2

Although maybe the Dark Souls PC port is poorly optimized, because plenty of games play just fine on my laptop
Blademasterbobo
Level 10

dum

View Profile
« Reply #1975 on: May 07, 2013, 07:18:48 PM »

Although maybe the Dark Souls PC port is poorly optimized, because plenty of games play just fine on my laptop

Hand Point Left Hand Shake Left Hand Thumbs Down Left Hand Thumbs Up Left Bro Fist Left Hand Metal Left Toast Left Hand Fork Left Hand Money Left Hand Clap Hand Any Key Tiger Hand Joystick Hand Pencil Hand Money Right Hand Knife Right Toast Right Hand Metal Right Bro Fist Right Hand Thumbs Up Right Hand Thumbs Down Right Hand Shake Right Hand Point Right
Raptor85
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1976 on: May 08, 2013, 01:54:23 AM »

You say that because you don't have Havel's armor.  Tired

Actually I still manage them by timing but I have to be hit once before reaching the left archer and being not-visible for the right one, which let me kill them one by one then.
there's actually no point in killing the left one unless you really want the soul of a hero there, and i never bother anymore myself, it's more trouble than it's worth. Once you cut right and quickly roll under the right archers arrow you're no longer in the line of fire to the left one, he stops shooting at you, so you literally just have to run up to the top full speed, cut right, roll, stab, and drop down to the door. If you time it poorly the left archers last arrow may hit you in the back as you cut right, but it wont push you off, and you'll still have time to duck under the right archers arrow as they fire staggered due to when they see you.

-Fuzzy Spider
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #1977 on: May 08, 2013, 02:03:44 AM »

The hand and the berserkish one are my faves. The bird is less distinctive imo. They all look very good tho.
Ant
« Reply #1978 on: May 08, 2013, 02:40:42 AM »

Yeah maybe could have done with a few flourishes in the empty areas, though I dunno if you were maybe going for a more cleaner feel. All three are awesome though, best of luck with it. They should just use all the best designs rather than choosing only 6, a lot of sweet ones in there.
Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1979 on: May 08, 2013, 10:32:23 AM »

In PVP can you only invade/be invaded by people around your SL?
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 355
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic