Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411505 Posts in 69379 Topics- by 58435 Members - Latest Member: graysonsolis

April 30, 2024, 08:51:58 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesDark Souls and Bloodborne
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 355
Print
Author Topic: Dark Souls and Bloodborne  (Read 534350 times)
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 13, 2012, 11:04:55 AM »

Thatd be a better joke if Dork Souls wasnt a sequel. But yeah Sword Master is good. Ive always liked action games where you actually trade blows with your enemies rather than just hacking them to bits or shooting them before they can hit you.

Capra is the dummest boss fight in the game because unlike the others which have multiple solutions it p much requires you to get the timing on one particular thing (running past him to the stairs) exactly right.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 11:12:32 AM by C.A. Sinclair » Logged
Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: July 13, 2012, 12:41:20 PM »

Sweet, I just stabbed a merchant because she looked like a friggin' monster.
Blademasterbobo
Level 10

dum

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 13, 2012, 12:43:17 PM »

you racist

Hand Point Left Hand Shake Left Hand Thumbs Down Left Hand Thumbs Up Left Bro Fist Left Hand Metal Left Toast Left Hand Fork Left Hand Money Left Hand Clap Hand Any Key Tiger Hand Joystick Hand Pencil Hand Money Right Hand Knife Right Toast Right Hand Metal Right Bro Fist Right Hand Thumbs Up Right Hand Thumbs Down Right Hand Shake Right Hand Point Right
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 13, 2012, 12:44:00 PM »

youll be pleased to know that npcs die permanently in this game  Smiley
iffi
« Reply #44 on: July 13, 2012, 12:47:45 PM »

youll be pleased to know that npcs die permanently in this game  Smiley
Gotta love games that autosave every step you take.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 13, 2012, 12:58:56 PM »

i don't think you can kill the waterway merchant tho, or at least not easily. She just runs off and goes on a bizarre rant afaik.

EDIT: Just checked, you can't buy items from her anymore. Also she'll say shit like "burn in hell" every time you run past her. Good times.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 01:09:48 PM by C.A. Sinclair » Logged
Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: July 13, 2012, 01:07:42 PM »

Yeah, but I'm pretty sure she won't sell me anything anymore. Big Laff
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 13, 2012, 01:46:23 PM »

It's not that big of a deal unless you get yourself cursed in the Depths (which you probably will if you go down there if this is your first time playing, no offense)

But even then there's another way to get some of those curse removal stones.
Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: July 13, 2012, 02:21:26 PM »

I'm pretty sure they expected people to stab her their first time playing. Ouch.

Almost killed the Capra Demon, damn it! So fucking hard to get on those steps with the two dogs there getting in your way.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 13, 2012, 02:33:37 PM »

I didnt stab her but had I already pumped 150+ hours in Demon's Souls before playing Dark Souls so I guess I don't count lol.

Anyway PROTIP: I know it's counterintuitive because it's the longer way but run past the Capra on the right side rather than the left (from your POV) to get to the stairs. I have no idea why, but that works for me most of the time whereas taking the left path almost invariably gets me killed.
Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: July 13, 2012, 02:56:06 PM »

Oh my god, I actually killed the Capra Demon! Actually, my first instinct was to go on the right side, but I kept getting stuck on the columns. The strategy I developed that was somewhat successful was running forward a bit to bait his jump attack, rolling back to dodge it, and then stabbing the first dog. From there I'd block his close up attacks and try to run for it when I could.

But there are still so many things that can go wrong - in the end I do feel like I got pretty lucky.

And yeah, shoot - sucks about the merchant. Although I'm reading that you can buy absolution from a dude to unaggro the NPCs. Also, apparently that guy also sells purging stones for cheaper than the old woman.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 13, 2012, 03:09:10 PM »

The problem is that he's in New Londo Ruins which is an area you don't want to be in right now (or for the rest of the first half of the game really). But there's another way. You can trade for purging stones with snuggly the crow in the Undead Asylum (yes you can go back there) but the supply is limited.

Also The Depths (which is the only place where there's a high risk of being cursed) are an optional area anyway and getting to Blighttown via the Valley of Drakes is much less of a hassle.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 03:16:20 PM by C.A. Sinclair » Logged
Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: July 13, 2012, 03:16:29 PM »

Yikes, well, we'll see... maybe I won't get cursed on my first outing? Ha ha... ha...

Crazy
Blademasterbobo
Level 10

dum

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 13, 2012, 03:19:55 PM »

I never got cursed in the Depths. It shouldn't be that hard, you just have to be quick about dealing with stuff before the curse stuff builds up.

Hand Point Left Hand Shake Left Hand Thumbs Down Left Hand Thumbs Up Left Bro Fist Left Hand Metal Left Toast Left Hand Fork Left Hand Money Left Hand Clap Hand Any Key Tiger Hand Joystick Hand Pencil Hand Money Right Hand Knife Right Toast Right Hand Metal Right Bro Fist Right Hand Thumbs Up Right Hand Thumbs Down Right Hand Shake Right Hand Point Right
baconman
Level 10

Design Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: July 13, 2012, 08:42:09 PM »

No, there's a guy [glow=black, 2, 300]in the Undead Church[/glow] who can help that situation, too. But don't read that! It's all about exploring...

deathtotheweird
« Reply #55 on: July 13, 2012, 08:43:33 PM »

you can pre-order this on steam now for 39.99.
iffi
« Reply #56 on: July 13, 2012, 09:53:43 PM »

Also, they added the "Online play requires software installation of and log-in to Games For Windows - LIVE" line that was missing before (not sure when they did that, but I noticed it today). So in case you had any hope of not being forced to use GFWL (not that it was probable in the first place), you can abandon that hope now.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 13, 2012, 11:34:51 PM »

No, there's a guy [glow=black, 2, 300]in the Undead Church[/glow] who can help that situation, too. But don't read that! It's all about exploring...
Ok so I put over 100 hours into this game and I didn't know he sold purging stones. Was that added with the patch or sth?

So yeah, looks like the PC version is going to be a typical incompetent console port like we've seen many times from Japanese devs. It guess it was dum to expect anything else Sad
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 11:47:55 PM by C.A. Sinclair » Logged
baconman
Level 10

Design Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: July 15, 2012, 08:17:13 PM »

How did my post get voodoo'd? O.o

iffi
« Reply #59 on: July 15, 2012, 09:03:24 PM »

How did my post get voodoo'd? O.o

Deleting the spaces in the glow tag seems to fix it.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 355
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic