Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411523 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 01:48:51 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesDark Souls and Bloodborne
Pages: 1 ... 212 213 [214] 215 216 ... 355
Print
Author Topic: Dark Souls and Bloodborne  (Read 534249 times)
Giovanni
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4260 on: July 27, 2014, 12:02:28 PM »

These fuckin' giant mace knights at the Dragon Shrine. It's pretty ridiculous because it feels like they have infinite stamina and just hit, and hit, and hit, so you can never hit them back. Not to mention you get stun-locked to death if you don't block/dodge a blow, irregardless of poise and/or stamina.

You can run past all of them. I had to do that multiple times when fighting the Ancient Dragon. Run to the right on the first, same on the 2nd? (I think) one, stay on the right of the one up the stairs then cross over once he gets close while going in an "S" shape towards the door. With a few tries, you can pass all of them and open the door without stopping. Alternatively, magic.
Boreal
Level 6

Reinventing the wheel

View Profile
« Reply #4261 on: August 01, 2014, 09:56:13 AM »

Are people still active in DaS PvP?  I like it a lot better than DaSII.

These fuckin' giant mace knights at the Dragon Shrine. It's pretty ridiculous because it feels like they have infinite stamina and just hit, and hit, and hit, so you can never hit them back. Not to mention you get stun-locked to death if you don't block/dodge a blow, irregardless of poise and/or stamina.
Are you playing at 60FPS?  I'm pretty sure they're one of the enemies whose stamina regen is bugged and linked to framerate.

"In software, the only numbers of significance are 0, 1, and N." - Josh Barczak

magma - Reconstructed Mantle API
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #4262 on: August 01, 2014, 11:37:15 AM »

they were just as bad on console iirc
Glyph
Level 10

Relax! It's all a dream! It HAS to be!

View Profile
« Reply #4263 on: August 01, 2014, 01:41:00 PM »

Yeah if they have stamina at all then it must regenerate as fast as it's spent. The first club knight in Heide's has the same property, and probably is the enemy that holds the record for most times killing me in a row in a Souls game Waaagh!

Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4264 on: August 01, 2014, 02:18:50 PM »

can confirm that its the same on ps3.

thats just how that enemy is.

and its awesome.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #4265 on: August 02, 2014, 03:37:50 AM »

and its awesome.

nope
Praying Mantis
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #4266 on: August 02, 2014, 08:36:01 AM »

Yeah, don't really think there's anything awesome about it...
Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4267 on: August 02, 2014, 09:34:56 AM »

dont worry its awesome

Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4268 on: August 02, 2014, 10:07:15 AM »

Oh man, the 3v3 fight in the Cave of the Dead is lots of fun... and hard.

I'm enjoying this DLC quite a bit. I like it better than the DS1 DLC for sure.
SundownKid
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4269 on: August 02, 2014, 06:31:56 PM »

I thought Artorias of the Abyss was better. Multiple NPCs, more bosses with cooler designs, more interesting lore. The level design is the only thing Sunken King has going for it, otherwise it feels a bit lifeless with no NPCs whatsoever.

The bosses in Sunken King are also rehashes of earlier bosses. Harder Nashandra, Harder Kalameet and a squad of some humans that didn't take much effort to design, appearance wise.

Of course, I still enjoyed Sunken King a lot. But it's not really matching AotA in quality.

Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4270 on: August 02, 2014, 07:11:35 PM »

That's true. I guess the level design makes up for it for me... and I actually find it to be quite a pretty place, even if it's a bit sterile.

I haven't finished Sunken King, though, and if there's as much rehashing as you say, maybe my opinion will change. I'm getting my ass handed to me by the three guys in Cave of the Dead, so I don't know when that will be. I can't seem to kill even one of them before my partners die and I get overwhelmed.

Tongue
Glyph
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #4271 on: August 02, 2014, 07:56:08 PM »

Try not summoning the partners (if they're just the NPCs, anyway). They often suck and won't even offset the extra health the trio gets for being fought in multiplayer. Also, if all else fails, use Poison Mist Well, hello there!

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #4272 on: August 03, 2014, 05:36:17 AM »

I thought Artorias of the Abyss was better. Multiple NPCs, more bosses with cooler designs, more interesting lore. The level design is the only thing Sunken King has going for it, otherwise it feels a bit lifeless with no NPCs whatsoever.

The bosses in Sunken King are also rehashes of earlier bosses. Harder Nashandra, Harder Kalameet and a squad of some humans that didn't take much effort to design, appearance wise.

Of course, I still enjoyed Sunken King a lot. But it's not really matching AotA in quality.

i think sunken king has 1 thing going for it: it attempts a style of level design that we haven't really seen in the series before so it feels fresh. the actual design itself is good too as mentioned. AotA had some of the best boss fights in the game but the level design was really pretty meh (in sunken king it's the other way around haha).

no npcs IS a disappointment but it's a long forgotten sunken city where everyone is either hollow or a monster so i guess it makes sense somehow. i found it REALLY disappointing lore-wise though. AotA expanded on a pretty important aspect of the vanilla game's lore and had some genuine surprises. sunken king feels disconnected from the rest of dks2 by comparison. even the new dialog with vendrick only confirms shit that was already obvious anyway, tho his character model looks pretty damn cool. maybe it'll become more intersting once the other dlcs arwe released.
Glyph
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #4273 on: August 03, 2014, 06:24:17 AM »

It's also obvious as hell that something will be unlocked once the player beats all the DLCs, so that may have some lore significance. I forget exactly where/what it said ingame, but it was something pretty straightforward.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #4274 on: August 03, 2014, 07:46:45 AM »

btw am i the only one who finds the imperfect kinda cute with their goofy barney-like teeth?
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #4275 on: August 12, 2014, 09:45:23 AM »

Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4276 on: August 12, 2014, 11:11:19 AM »

the hype is real

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #4277 on: August 12, 2014, 11:26:32 AM »

pretty sure that's the maiden in black's voice actress at the end <3

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/08/12/bloodborne-gameplay-trailer-unveiled-gamescom-2014/
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #4278 on: August 13, 2014, 08:11:58 AM »

http://www.vg247.com/2014/08/13/bloodborne-the-sense-of-punishment-is-much-less-wider-audience-is-the-target/

i can't wait to hear the complaints about bloodborne when it comes out. because let's be honest here it's never going to live up to the ridiculous hype that has built up around it.
Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4279 on: August 13, 2014, 08:18:25 AM »

Don't care.

Souls games aren't hard to me anymore anyway because I have played them. Bloodborne would have to do some insane shit to be hard to experienced Souls players. Honestly the biggest punishment to me is losing time/progress in the stage. I don't care about losing souls or hp or items or whatever. If the game still puts you at a checkpoint then its still going to be punishing as all hell.

Give game now.

Pages: 1 ... 212 213 [214] 215 216 ... 355
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic