Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411525 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 06:03:31 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesDark Souls and Bloodborne
Pages: 1 ... 235 236 [237] 238 239 ... 355
Print
Author Topic: Dark Souls and Bloodborne  (Read 534266 times)
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #4720 on: March 27, 2015, 03:42:14 PM »

hahahaha paarl becomes a lot easier once u realize u can stagger him with the axe while he charges up his AOE

btw i dont get this talk about the 25 "soft cap" for str and skill. why are 2 damage per level rather than 3 considered not worth investing in? i dont get it
J-Snake
Level 10

A fool with a tool is still a fool.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4721 on: March 27, 2015, 03:58:49 PM »

How does the combat in Bloodborne compare to DS?

Independent game developer with an elaborate focus on interesting gameplay, rewarding depth of play and technical quality.<br /><br />Trap Them: http://store.steampowered.com/app/375930
DJFloppyFish
« Reply #4722 on: March 27, 2015, 04:09:18 PM »

it's deeper but less varied if that makes sense. you have less options available in terms of weapons & build type, but combat is mechanically more interesting than ever before.

Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4723 on: March 27, 2015, 04:10:53 PM »

it's deeper but less varied if that makes sense. you have less options available in terms of weapons & build type, but combat is mechanically more interesting than ever before.

the weapons are way more varied because you dont have 50 dagger and sword clones. but yeah builds are mostly str, dex, gunner, or magic man. which is still more than end game DaS where everybody is giant dad or super mage.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #4724 on: March 27, 2015, 04:58:38 PM »

there are a small handful repeats in the trick weapons. like there are multiple weapons that include a straightsword, multiple weapons that include a saw etc. also i kinda wish they had done more with them mechanically. i mean they look cool but most of them just let you switch between 2 weapons and have a special switch attack. so what it comes down to is you have 4 right hand weapon slots now (more or less). i was hoping for more stuff like the tonitrus or the stake driver. monster hunter is still king of hybrid weapons in action rpgs.

its probably too early to really say sth about build variety. but the elimination of cheese builds also means there are fewer fun challenge builds now.

instead of going into ng+ im going to start a new ng and try a gunner build once im finished.

How does the combat in Bloodborne compare to DS?

faster, tighter, more focus on offense rather than defense. less possibilities for cheesing. basically think of the whole game as a streamlined, faster DS.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 05:10:33 PM by Silbereisen » Logged
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #4725 on: March 27, 2015, 05:22:50 PM »

btw is it just me or is the art direction in this VERY demon's souls (as opposed to dark souls), especially outside of yharnam?
Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4726 on: March 27, 2015, 05:45:01 PM »

btw is it just me or is the art direction in this VERY demon's souls (as opposed to dark souls), especially outside of yharnam?

its much more demons yeah. also, i really like that almost the entire game takes place in the city.

xchen
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4727 on: March 27, 2015, 05:54:16 PM »

Love the art direction but not the difficulty. Will probably quit soon.
DJFloppyFish
« Reply #4728 on: March 27, 2015, 06:10:21 PM »

its much more demons yeah. also, i really like that almost the entire game takes place in the city.

yeah instead of the usual setting buffet we get from souls, we got one fully realized intricate world. everything was made with just so much consideration, even the transitional areas. in particular, the area inbetween the cathedral and hemwick is beautiful. 
Uykered
« Reply #4729 on: March 27, 2015, 06:18:48 PM »

There doesn't seem to be much info on the story yet, is it really hard for people to figure out?
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #4730 on: March 27, 2015, 06:22:16 PM »

yeah instead of the usual setting buffet we get from souls, we got one fully realized intricate world. everything was made with just so much consideration, even the transitional areas. in particular, the area inbetween the cathedral and hemwick is beautiful.  

yeah, its just a city and its surrounding areas not a "land", so the transitions are actually "realistic" this time.

mind you, i thought what dks1 did with making a pretty ridiculous world setup feel really "natural" was great.

btw come to think of it the whole game seems more DeS based than DkS based in many ways. its like a separate "branch" of the demon's souls legacy almost.

also also also i know ive already said this but im really impressed with the level design. not a single dud so far, except maaaaaybe the part of forbidden woods thats basically a mini valley of defilement 5-2. but even that is much better than the "original" lol.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 06:29:25 PM by Silbereisen » Logged
Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4731 on: March 27, 2015, 08:40:49 PM »

There doesn't seem to be much info on the story yet, is it really hard for people to figure out?

its not hard to figure out it just has _____________________aliens____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #4732 on: March 28, 2015, 08:16:40 AM »

shame half of the armors in bloodborne are boring ass grey trenchcoats. otherwise this would be the perfect fashion souls game with the lack of weight and poise.

btw i was skeptical about the lack of weight/equip load initially, but it makes sense with how fast the combat is now. havelbeasts would be nearly unplayable. i mean i guess it'd be possible to implement it in theory but the (viable) choice would be between fast and slightly less fast (which is already covered by the weapons anyway), so i guess fromsoft just said fuck it.

the side effect is that armor is a little more "tiered" now than it used to be, but its thankfully not anything like a jrpg style linear progression and theres no ULTIMATE BEST ARMOR. armors have their individual strengths and weaknesses for the most part.
DJFloppyFish
« Reply #4733 on: March 28, 2015, 09:32:46 AM »

i think the unseen village is lame Sad
Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4734 on: March 28, 2015, 09:39:17 AM »

youre lame

DJFloppyFish
« Reply #4735 on: March 28, 2015, 10:07:33 AM »

at least that first part anyway
Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4736 on: March 28, 2015, 11:08:08 AM »

fuck you rom god damn

DJFloppyFish
« Reply #4737 on: March 28, 2015, 12:14:02 PM »

yeah he gave me a lot of trouble. you basically HAVE to kill those little spiders (to avoid them ganging up on you) and stay close enough to him to avoid him using that super random ass long ranged magic.
Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4738 on: March 28, 2015, 12:35:11 PM »

what gets me is the stupid instant kill aoe he does. i just ignore the spiders.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #4739 on: March 28, 2015, 01:44:29 PM »

oops playing this game made me respect dark souls 2 much less for some reason lol
Pages: 1 ... 235 236 [237] 238 239 ... 355
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic