Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411524 Posts in 69381 Topics- by 58436 Members - Latest Member: GlitchyPSI

May 01, 2024, 07:45:31 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesDark Souls and Bloodborne
Pages: 1 ... 276 277 [278] 279 280 ... 355
Print
Author Topic: Dark Souls and Bloodborne  (Read 534442 times)
J-Snake
Level 10

A fool with a tool is still a fool.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5540 on: August 05, 2015, 06:14:32 PM »

i wonder why they went back to the original hud with the bigass weapon icons. those were never really necessary (im saying that and i have a thing for big HUDs)
When I take a conscious look at them you are absolutely right. But for some reason the icons never struck my eye when I actually played the game.

Independent game developer with an elaborate focus on interesting gameplay, rewarding depth of play and technical quality.<br /><br />Trap Them: http://store.steampowered.com/app/375930
DJFloppyFish
« Reply #5541 on: August 05, 2015, 08:30:08 PM »

I always thought they were absurdly large and kinda distracting, hopefully there'll be hud options like in dsk2

also btw i really appreciate that the new estus flask icon changes depending on number of uses, that's a nice touch
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #5542 on: August 05, 2015, 11:37:32 PM »

i don't find them distracting so this is not a huge deal to me or anything. still odd because bborne got rid of them and now theyre back.
SundownKid
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5543 on: August 06, 2015, 07:24:00 AM »

Spoilers I guess if you wanna go in completely blind but someone snapped some footage:

Looks pretty fast and snappy which I kinda like. Much prefer responsiveness over elegant/smooth anim. Hard to judge from footage though.

It looks like a lot like the fast roll speed from Dark Souls 1. I hope it just means he is wearing light armor and the entire game isn't at Dark Souls 2 speed.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #5544 on: August 06, 2015, 08:23:13 AM »

it's going to be bloodborne speed, slightly slower probably. it's already been established in interviews and stuff that dks3 is going to be faster.
DJFloppyFish
« Reply #5545 on: August 06, 2015, 12:05:14 PM »

based on the legion scimitars (the dual swords in the trailer) being one weapon you equip, it seems likely that the game will actually restrict weapons to right/left hand equip slots like bloodborne. not sure how happy i am about that but if the battle arts are good it might be worth it. still, kinda sad to think ds2's dual wielding might be gone.

on another note, L3 jumps are back, so we can confirm at least one thing is making its way into this game from ds2.

all signs point to this being a ds1/bloodborne hybrid which are my two favorite games in the series. i just hope a few of ds2's strengths are present. if it has the build variety (by number of spells/weapons) and good online connections of ds2, it could be everything ive ever wanted in a single game.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #5546 on: August 06, 2015, 12:28:50 PM »

i never liked dual wielding in these games so idc

i dont really understand battle arts from the descriptions ive seen, but it seems like they are an extension of bborne's weapon transformations stuff. instead of having only 1 or 2 handed mode, you now have a bunch of different modes i guess?

EDIT: oh wait, so battle arts are basically like limited-use melee special moves?

also yeah it probably means that there are going to be slot restrictions. but to be honest, i didn't mind them in bloodborne and i won't mind them here
« Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 12:38:35 PM by Silbereisen » Logged
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #5547 on: August 06, 2015, 12:37:04 PM »

new gameplay footage with a new area toward the end
DJFloppyFish
« Reply #5548 on: August 06, 2015, 04:00:33 PM »

yeah, if the weapons are more varied than losing dual-wielding is fine. i just hope there's versions of certain weapons that can be in either hand, like daggers

those enemies with the red capes look an awful lot like the drakebloods from the sunken crown dlc. i wonder if miyazaki will actually be making an attempt to connect ds1 and 2 lorewise
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #5549 on: August 07, 2015, 01:18:56 AM »

i think there ARE going to be some dks2 stuffs in there. i mean the giant lord and one of the dlc crowns (i think) were in the CGI trailer. would be odd if they just retconned it.

btw, it seems like theyre done with the dks2 patches for good now. there hasn't been one since may. that's actually a good thing imo, because now you can pick the game back up without worrying whether your build has been nerfed. i was getting some serious diablo 2 flashbacks sometimes.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2015, 01:44:38 AM by Silbereisen » Logged
DJFloppyFish
« Reply #5550 on: August 07, 2015, 10:10:33 AM »

that one screen with the giant sentinel in the distance makes me think a few ds1 enemies might finally make a reappearance too, which is pretty interesting. maybe we could expect a few returning bosses too? I think the original leak mentioned something about that.
Tumetsu
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5551 on: August 07, 2015, 10:39:52 AM »

Cometh soon...  Kiss

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #5552 on: August 09, 2015, 01:26:44 AM »

Dear Mr. President Obama,

Please make it so that the big chests in chalice side dungeons only contain gems/weapons/bloodstones and not more freaking ritual materials! There is nothing more disappointing than fighting your way through a hard side dungeon only to get a Tomb Mold (4) as a reward. This is unacceptable and Unamerican and clearly violates the 54th amendment. Tomb Mold (4) is what is ruining this country!

Sincerely,
A true patriot

cryingeagle.gif
« Last Edit: August 09, 2015, 01:32:26 AM by Silbereisen » Logged
Türbo Bröther
Fidget Crooner
Pixelhead
Level 10

Rockin' it inside out

View Profile
« Reply #5553 on: August 09, 2015, 01:39:21 AM »

He'll just make 'em all mimics. This is how Obamacare works as I am aware of it.
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #5554 on: August 09, 2015, 12:53:38 PM »

Dear Mr. President Obama,

Please make it so that the big chests in chalice side dungeons only contain gems/weapons/bloodstones and not more freaking ritual materials! There is nothing more disappointing than fighting your way through a hard side dungeon only to get a Tomb Mold (4) as a reward. This is unacceptable and Unamerican and clearly violates the 54th amendment. Tomb Mold (4) is what is ruining this country!

Sincerely,
A true patriot

cryingeagle.gif

54th amendment

http://treetopsfairwayvillas.com/tfv/wp-content/uploads/tt-offering_plan/Fifteenth_Amendment-to_the-Third_Amended_and_Restated_Timeshare_Offering_Plan-for-The_Villas_At_Tree_Tops.pdf

Gomez

DJFloppyFish
« Reply #5555 on: August 09, 2015, 02:27:27 PM »

big Tomb Mold (4) has the lobbyists, therefore the power. obama is just a big Tomb Mold (4) puppet.

also here's an interesting tidbit: project beast appears to have scrapped a mechanic similar to the ds3's sacrifice system. in the leaked project beast trailer, the hunter character strikes the ground with a lantern stick in a similar fashion to what we saw the knight do with a sword in ds3's most recent trailer. https://youtu.be/JpfSG-GCI5g?t=50s
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #5556 on: August 09, 2015, 02:40:47 PM »

what IS the sacrifice exactly? i have to admit im a little lost as to what the new mechanics actually are
DJFloppyFish
« Reply #5557 on: August 09, 2015, 03:10:15 PM »

The specifics are still a mystery but I believe the idea is you make your own bonfires from dead people/enemies. I suspect Miyazaki confirming there is no hub will somehow play into this idea of making your checkpoints.
ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #5558 on: August 09, 2015, 05:15:18 PM »

The specifics are still a mystery but I believe the idea is you make your own bonfires from dead people/enemies. I suspect Miyazaki confirming there is no hub will somehow play into this idea of making your checkpoints.

Dank Souls with a system resembling the save state feature of old console emulators. This is promising. I'm ready to bet it will cost souls to create a checkpoint though.

Glyph
Level 10

Relax! It's all a dream! It HAS to be!

View Profile
« Reply #5559 on: August 09, 2015, 05:31:03 PM »

I think it would more likely be limited consumable items (bonfire swords), kinda like soul vessels.

Pages: 1 ... 276 277 [278] 279 280 ... 355
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic