Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411518 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 03:00:39 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesDark Souls and Bloodborne
Pages: 1 ... 284 285 [286] 287 288 ... 355
Print
Author Topic: Dark Souls and Bloodborne  (Read 534223 times)
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #5700 on: December 06, 2015, 11:19:00 AM »

oooooooold

the same guy also beat dark souls using his

btw

i actually kinda interrupted my current bborne playthrough for xenoblade x. totally absorbed in that game atm.
Dragonmaw
« Reply #5701 on: December 06, 2015, 09:02:51 PM »

no more king's field or whatever imo. from needs to do something weird and not-fantasy again, like steel battalion or metal wolf chaos

not that souls and stuff aren't great, i mean i basically buy all those games sight unseen, but bc they are very interchangeable and after what feels four souls games in a row (dark, dark 2, bborne, dark 3) it's time for something else
battlerager
Level 10

I resent that statement.

View Profile
« Reply #5702 on: December 07, 2015, 01:42:30 AM »

Finally got back into playing Bloodborne (which I still haven't finished) after a friend came over and gave me some pointers.

I got stuck in Mensis' Nightmare a while back when I died to that hunter on the bridge after the spider room and found out that the spiders I just powered through while just barely avoiding a heart attack, all respawned.

Now I'm fighting Mergo's Wet Nurse. Pretty simple patterns imo, but my weapon (Threaded Cane +8) does shit for damage to her. My main stat is Skill (with a pretty good Bloodtinge stat and shit for strength) and I haven't seen anything good other than maybe Chikage. I don't have the DLC (yet). Any advice / opinions?
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #5703 on: December 07, 2015, 02:40:46 AM »

no more king's field or whatever imo. from needs to do something weird and not-fantasy again, like steel battalion or metal wolf chaos

not that souls and stuff aren't great, i mean i basically buy all those games sight unseen, but bc they are very interchangeable and after what feels four souls games in a row (dark, dark 2, bborne, dark 3) it's time for something else

he has expressed interest in making a "cute" game before, so who knows. i'd want him to do a complete 180.

also i dont think he was involved with steel battalion or metal wolf chaos. the first 2 steel battalions were capcom to begin with. from just made the shitty kinect sequel. also miyazaki has hinted that he doesnt really like sci fi, so im not sure there will be any more armored core/giant robot gams directed by him.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #5704 on: December 07, 2015, 07:15:18 AM »

@battlerager: The threaded cane is not a very good weapon unfortunately (i realized this after using it for an entire ng playthrough and part of ng+). get the blades of mercy or chikage ASAP (assuming youre playing a skill build) and upgrade them as much as you can.
SousaVilla
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #5705 on: December 07, 2015, 07:49:17 AM »

I managed to beat most of the game with the threaded cane, including some of the harder chalices dungeons, like the defiled one. Of course, if you want to go for the most efficient build the chikage and the BoM are better, but the cane has good crowd control with the transformed version and a good range with it.

At this point in the game you could get your crane to +10 by grabbing chunks in the nightmare frontier and mensis. You also need the blood rock in mensis. Just run past all the winter lanterns and have a stock of sedatives. At +10 with good skill and gems you'll do a lot more damage.

If you want the easiest way, just get your chikage to +10 instead and upgrade an evelyn to the maximum that you can. That's one of the strongest build in the game. With good bloodtinge you can even do great damage to bosses from a distance, and the transformed version fo the chikage is amazing. Grab some bone marrow ash in the witch village and see your enemies burn. Remember to focus more on bloodtinge than dexterity, since the gun and the transformed chikage rely on it. 
cactus
Makeout King
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5706 on: December 07, 2015, 07:56:11 AM »

Seeing as the Souls series is the only one I'm really getting into these days, I kinda want more in the same style. I'd be happy to see From do something new if any of the Souls-like games that have been popping up were half decent, but sadly I haven't seen any good ones (I'm hoping Nioh/Deep Down will turn out ok, but I have some serious doubts).

If From would manage to create something completely different that was equally good, that'd be amazing. But I don't really see it happening Tiger
« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 09:43:47 AM by cactus » Logged
DJFloppyFish
« Reply #5707 on: December 07, 2015, 09:33:18 AM »

Yeah, I understand wanting new stuff from them, but if this new thing doesn't have at least some souls elements I probably won't be interested at all. Sad

also miyazaki has hinted that he doesnt really like sci fi, so im not sure there will be any more armored core/giant robot gams directed by him.

I hope this means we're still getting From's excellent world design, I'd be so depressed to see a From game take place in sterile futuristic environments
Dragonmaw
« Reply #5708 on: December 07, 2015, 10:04:12 AM »

imagine a souls-like game but with armored core instead
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #5709 on: December 07, 2015, 11:36:48 AM »

Souls is already armored core like. Or at least its approach to gear and character customization reminds me more of armored core than any fantasy rpg i know.
JWK5
« Reply #5710 on: December 07, 2015, 11:43:47 AM »

I'd like to see a Souls/Armored Core mashup. Giant robots vs fantasy monsters, maybe you cruise an "overworld" in giant robots battling huge creatures in a wasteland wilderness but then you go on foot in tight dungeons like caves and castles and whatnot. A nice fusion of future and fantastical past.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #5711 on: December 07, 2015, 12:27:58 PM »

sounds like your average jrpg setting to me haha
JWK5
« Reply #5712 on: December 07, 2015, 12:30:17 PM »

sounds like your average jrpg setting to me haha
I meant, actually done well and interesting.
InfiniteStateMachine
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #5713 on: December 07, 2015, 12:36:17 PM »

If they did do a cute game I wonder what it would be like.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #5714 on: December 07, 2015, 03:03:50 PM »

my personal fanboi dream would be for from (under miyazaki's direction ofc) to make a 3d adventure platformer in the super mario 64 style. i mean, they have already proven they know their shit when it comes to making use of the 3d space in level design and have also proven that they can do jumpy gameplay well with otogi.

speaking of which, otogi 3 would be rad.
Dragonmaw
« Reply #5715 on: December 07, 2015, 03:28:51 PM »

actually scratch that i'd love a samurai game in the vein of wots
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #5716 on: December 08, 2015, 09:08:26 AM »

If you want the easiest way, just get your chikage to +10 instead and upgrade an evelyn to the maximum that you can.

btw, about the evelyn: it has amazing good bloodtinge scaling but bad base damage. according to the wiki, it only starts out-damaging the hunter pistol at 30 bloodtinge. so if you don't plan on investing that much in BT, upgrade the hunter pistol instead.
Türbo Bröther
Fidget Crooner
Pixelhead
Level 10

Rockin' it inside out

View Profile
« Reply #5717 on: December 09, 2015, 01:46:24 AM »

Well if Miyazaki wants to do a cute game but the fans just want more Dark Souls then he should combine the two and really go hard for the Monster World license. That'd be flippin' brilliant.
Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #5718 on: December 09, 2015, 01:51:38 AM »

Lords of the fallen devs are making sci-fi game, although its not clear if its going to a souls clone.
Also Nioh.
battlerager
Level 10

I resent that statement.

View Profile
« Reply #5719 on: December 09, 2015, 03:35:19 AM »

Well if Miyazaki wants to do a cute game but the fans just want more Dark Souls then he should combine the two and really go hard for the Monster World license. That'd be flippin' brilliant.
Pink Souls
Pages: 1 ... 284 285 [286] 287 288 ... 355
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic