Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411501 Posts in 69379 Topics- by 58435 Members - Latest Member: graysonsolis

April 30, 2024, 04:12:29 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesDark Souls and Bloodborne
Pages: 1 ... 287 288 [289] 290 291 ... 355
Print
Author Topic: Dark Souls and Bloodborne  (Read 534334 times)
MeshGearFox
Level 9

When you have no one, no one can hurt you.

View Profile
« Reply #5760 on: December 19, 2015, 05:08:34 PM »

Re Dark Souls,

Hey what do you get for killing the Titanite Demon guy in the... smith's basement?

Also is there a way to remap the gamepad on the PC version :S
« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 05:20:05 PM by MeshGearFox » Logged

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #5761 on: December 19, 2015, 05:19:01 PM »

1. you get a demon titanite

2. not that i know of
SousaVilla
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #5762 on: December 20, 2015, 06:44:09 AM »

He also drops his weapon but its really rare
TeeGee
Level 10

Huh?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5763 on: December 20, 2015, 12:27:40 PM »

Caved in and bought the DLC. Shit is srs!

Tom Grochowiak
MoaCube | Twitter | Facebook
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #5764 on: December 20, 2015, 02:34:07 PM »

https://killscreen.com/articles/understanding-sublime-architecture-bloodborne/

good article on the architecture in bloodborne
TeeGee
Level 10

Huh?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5765 on: December 21, 2015, 11:07:20 AM »

The DLC really amped up the difficulty! Goddamn you, Ludwig!

That said, I don't know if I'm a fan of dropping NPC hunters as common enemies everywhere. It's good for challenge but otherwise makes those encounters feel less special than in the vanilla game.

Tom Grochowiak
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #5766 on: December 21, 2015, 12:29:20 PM »

those enemies are just in the first area. and it's THEMATIC too seeing as the hunter's nightmare is a kind of purgatory for blood-crazed hunters. oh also have you seen any of the 2 miniboss hunters in that area?
SousaVilla
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #5767 on: December 21, 2015, 01:03:42 PM »

New patch adds blood rock to the insight shop and lowers blood chunks price to 20 . No more chalice dungeon farming. This and the new blood rock in the dlc makes experimentation a lot easier.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #5768 on: December 21, 2015, 01:09:10 PM »

New patch adds blood rock to the insight shop

https://youtu.be/yHQzE9z1IFY?t=1m21s
DJFloppyFish
« Reply #5769 on: December 21, 2015, 03:59:36 PM »

HECK. YES.

New patch adds blood rock to the insight shop

https://youtu.be/yHQzE9z1IFY?t=1m21s

perfect response.
TeeGee
Level 10

Huh?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5770 on: December 22, 2015, 06:18:01 AM »

Man, the DLC sometimes feels like an old arcade cabinet. Research Hall kicked my ass to the point where I had to go farming for blood vials. Those bubbleheads hit like a truck.

Tom Grochowiak
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #5771 on: December 22, 2015, 07:38:43 AM »

Really? I thought research hall was relatively easy compared to Yharnam Arrange Mode and the fishing village. I mostly killed those bubbleheads before they could even attack me. those guys who try to hit you with their IV poles (correct english word??) seem to have a problem actually hitting you and can also be easily parried.  Hell of an unsettling atmosphere and great mazelike level design in that area tho.

also SPOILER: the two bosses in that area are a little disappointing. ludwig is definitely the best boss fight in the dlc imo. he's kind of a mashup of different typical souls boss moves but done really well, so it's like a Souls Boss Design: Greatest Hits, which is neat. i like how grotesque he looks visually, too.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 07:46:28 AM by Silbereisen » Logged
TeeGee
Level 10

Huh?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5772 on: December 22, 2015, 08:01:37 AM »

Hunter's Nightmare was fine for me. High amount of NPC hunters was a little surprising at first, and there are some funnily devilish fragments (like those turrets or two super-sized executioners near Ludwig), but most I found were just for show. Or maybe it's because they look difficult, so I was on my edge and played carefully.

With those bobbleheads, I tend to rush in out of lack of patience. I mean, there's so many of them, and they die in two hits, so why should I wait, right? And then it becomes clear I should. But hey, I died, so I'm even more impatient now, so I rush in up the stairs to quickly clear them in a few swipes and... you know the rest.

Wink

Tom Grochowiak
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #5773 on: December 22, 2015, 08:28:59 AM »

oh so you're talking about the horde setpiece fight? yeah that one is a little trickier but like you said, pretty much just requires some patience. you can also just run past them pretty much if you kill the ones outside the room. they can't climb ladders (not that I've seen anyway), so thats a big plus.
TeeGee
Level 10

Huh?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5774 on: December 22, 2015, 09:12:28 AM »

They can climb ladders, actually. Or at least the weapon wielding ones do. But it's moot anyway, as I won't leave any of those bastards alive!

Also, the DLC really helped with the weapon diversity. That was one of my gripes with the main game. It had a lot of technically interesting trick weapons, but most were either underwhelming or focused on just one gimmick without a mixed enough move set. You could try a few, but would end up with Ludwig, Chikage or Blades of Mercy anyway. DLC weapons are definitely more Ludwig than Stake Driver. Especially lowing the Whirlgig Saw. One of the most fun melee weapons in games period.

Tom Grochowiak
SousaVilla
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #5775 on: December 22, 2015, 04:22:13 PM »

I agree with you on the lack of variety in the main game, but I think you're giving the weapons in it a hipercritical look. The saw cleaver is great and has good range, the axe has good charged r2 in its two forms, the tonitrus is great in arcane builds, the flamethrower is viable against beasts with good arcane, the reiterspellach (whatever) can parry and has thrust, the canon is op, the beast claws are pretty cool and the burial blade is good for ng+. And this excluding itens like molotovs + oil urns, poison knifes, blood pallets and spells.

I dont want to be much of a fanboy, but there's life beyond Ludwig, bom and the chikage, unless you're talking about pvp. But yeah it lacked variety and the dlc improves on it.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #5776 on: December 22, 2015, 04:47:10 PM »

oh yeah, ng+ is when you can really stock up on consumables due to a major bump in blood echo drops. the damage of things like molotovs, throwing knives etc. actually scales with your stats now, so these items remain useful.

molotovs are pretty much part of my standard strategy for my arcane build for instance.
TeeGee
Level 10

Huh?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5777 on: December 23, 2015, 01:50:45 AM »

I agree with you on the lack of variety in the main game, but I think you're giving the weapons in it a hipercritical look. The saw cleaver is great and has good range, the axe has good charged r2 in its two forms, the tonitrus is great in arcane builds, the flamethrower is viable against beasts with good arcane, the reiterspellach (whatever) can parry and has thrust, the canon is op, the beast claws are pretty cool and the burial blade is good for ng+

Yeah, but that's what I mean. They are cool and have some fun gimmicks, but are either extremely limited in their move set (like Tonitrus) or simply underwhelming damage wise (like Hunter's Axe) compared to their top-tier counterparts. DLC introduces weapons that are both cool and very powerful/viable even outside of very specific situations.

Tom Grochowiak
TeeGee
Level 10

Huh?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5778 on: December 23, 2015, 11:55:44 AM »

I think I died more times on Laurence than during my entire Dark Souls playthrough. Shocked

Tom Grochowiak
SousaVilla
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #5779 on: December 26, 2015, 10:44:18 AM »

Try to damage him from a distance in his second form. I cheesed him with the bowblade.  Cool
Pages: 1 ... 287 288 [289] 290 291 ... 355
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic