Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 04:36:11 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesDark Souls and Bloodborne
Pages: 1 ... 323 324 [325] 326 327 ... 355
Print
Author Topic: Dark Souls and Bloodborne  (Read 533657 times)
Razz
Level 6

subtle shitposter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6480 on: April 22, 2016, 04:03:52 PM »

just posting to say that dark souls 3 is reallly reaaally good

Thomas Finch
Level 8

@slowcircuit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6481 on: April 22, 2016, 05:22:19 PM »

I'm halfway through my second playthrough getting every character questline done perfectly. So far, so good. Lots of lore I missed the first time though (since I fucked up everyone's storylines).

quantumpotato
Quantum Potato
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6482 on: April 23, 2016, 12:18:54 PM »

Can you actually do the kick consistently? Because I can't.
I started an assassin and kick with the Estoc is "jump back and poke the sword forward", which was super-confusing for a while. Yeah the timing is hard. It's like forward - > hold an instant - > kick

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #6483 on: April 23, 2016, 02:09:35 PM »

i could never consistently kick in dark souls 1 either tbh. i just basically surmised that the timing is wonky so i stopped using it.
quantumpotato
Quantum Potato
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6484 on: April 23, 2016, 07:17:06 PM »

damn swamp invaders

What's the deal with the covenants? One of them is about the swamp particulary? It isa fun PVP area.. those crabs!

Tumetsu
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6485 on: April 25, 2016, 09:09:34 AM »

Nameless King would be fun without shitty camera and fire breathing from sky attack. No idea how to spot it in time and avoid it properly.

joseph ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #6486 on: April 25, 2016, 01:05:59 PM »

Nameless King would be fun without shitty camera and fire breathing from sky attack. No idea how to spot it in time and avoid it properly.

both flying attacks can be safely responded to by immediately running away

Dragonmaw
« Reply #6487 on: April 25, 2016, 01:22:56 PM »

i'm playing a pyro build and using a darkwraith sword with fire buff most of the time. i'm not really feeling a drop in damage to be honest. the enemies in the garden that are really giving me trouble are the giant black lizard creatures(?) and not so much the knights.

for those guys, hit them with a fire thing so they flail, then wail on them for a bit. when they start to calm down, back up to mid range. they'll do one sweep, two sweep, lunge. after the lunge, you can punish with another fire stun. repeat until dead
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #6488 on: April 25, 2016, 02:41:51 PM »

Tumetsu
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6489 on: April 26, 2016, 12:08:10 AM »

Beat the game yesterday. I was kinda disappointed in final boss lore wise since he seemed like a generic final vidyagam boss and not like a real character such as Gwyn in original DkS. Then again call back to Gwyn with his moveset was nostalgic at least Smiley

After my first playthrough I'd say enjoyed this game immensely and it was obviously very good. However, I think I was worse player this time and the end game's difficulty spike and levels felt kind of exhausting for me. I'm glad that the game wasn't much longer and didn't overstay its welcome.

For lore I while I know this is Dark Souls, I kinda wished a bit clearer closure for some lore concepts, such as cycles and for nature of age of man. Maybe I'll get more info once I complete Yoel/Yuria quest line and youtubers release their lore analysis videos.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #6490 on: April 26, 2016, 02:11:26 AM »

i'm playing a pyro build and using a darkwraith sword with fire buff most of the time. i'm not really feeling a drop in damage to be honest. the enemies in the garden that are really giving me trouble are the giant black lizard creatures(?) and not so much the knights.

for those guys, hit them with a fire thing so they flail, then wail on them for a bit. when they start to calm down, back up to mid range. they'll do one sweep, two sweep, lunge. after the lunge, you can punish with another fire stun. repeat until dead

ya i figured that out lol. you can actually cheese them with pyroballs given you have enough FP.
joseph ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #6491 on: April 27, 2016, 06:18:10 AM »

Yooo this isn't really on topic but are any of you playing the nioh demo? its limited time on ps4, 'soulslike' without being a souls clone (very different character progression, combat feel, etc -- more conventional action game structure, limited weapon variety and upgradeable moveset. Extreme take on souls' stamina management, with a system to instantly regain stamina in combat and harsh penalties for stamina loss) I'm not really convinced it's a good game yet but I'm suuuuper into it, really interesting design, feels like the first game to take cues from souls and do something unique and cool with it.

Dragonmaw
« Reply #6492 on: April 27, 2016, 09:33:15 AM »

I downloaded it last night, plan on getting into it tonight.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #6493 on: April 27, 2016, 01:26:05 PM »

I beat DkS3. I loved it. Feels like a fitting conclusion to the series. I would have liked the final boss more if it didn't have the annoying second phase tho.

ANYWAY, I kinda botched the ending I was going for as well as all NPC questlines according to the wiki. I also missed 2 entire areas it seems. So I have plenty of stuff to look forward to for my next playthru.
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #6494 on: April 27, 2016, 01:26:27 PM »

5 endings this time

absolute8
Level 5

WTF, some aggressive nerd... (•̀ω•́)و ̑̑

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6495 on: April 27, 2016, 01:45:42 PM »

Ah fookin' loove Dak Soles!!

quantumpotato
Quantum Potato
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6496 on: April 27, 2016, 01:59:26 PM »

I heard from friends they completely skipped one of the Cinder lords and just went on.. apparently there's more non-linearity than I thought!

Dragonmaw
« Reply #6497 on: April 27, 2016, 02:56:59 PM »

5 endings this time

Three. Link, End, Usurp.
Thomas Finch
Level 8

@slowcircuit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6498 on: April 27, 2016, 03:21:30 PM »

There's atleast four endings. The "End" ending can be slightly different apparently if you do one different thing. I don't know too many details though. I've done the Link ending and am almost done with the first kind of "End" ending.

DJFloppyFish
« Reply #6499 on: April 27, 2016, 03:22:42 PM »

I'm playing a strongman build and it's rad. im using a great machete in one hand and the cestus in the other for parries and quick hits, plus i can immediately switch to two handing the cestus and i get the cool powerstance moves from dks2. it looks really nice with a giant sword on my back. making the cestus a paired weapon and paired weapons in general were really smart ideas. finally can dual wield two buffed weapons.  Cool

Pages: 1 ... 323 324 [325] 326 327 ... 355
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic