Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 02:49:19 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesDark Souls and Bloodborne
Pages: 1 ... 352 353 [354] 355
Print
Author Topic: Dark Souls and Bloodborne  (Read 533655 times)
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #7060 on: December 13, 2016, 12:38:43 PM »

Lords of the Fallen 40000
SousaVilla
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #7061 on: December 13, 2016, 12:47:38 PM »

Longer vídeo with developer commentary and a boss fight:

NuSan
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7062 on: December 18, 2016, 04:44:52 PM »

The animations seems exactly the same as in Lord of the Fallen. So the gameplay will probably be heavy and slow. Well I kinda liked Lord of the Fallen as a "cheap" clone of Dark souls. I hope they keep the interleaved level design.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #7063 on: December 18, 2016, 04:47:14 PM »

again, this has the exact same problem other "soulslikes" have. why would i play this over any of the actual souls games, excluding setting?

i mean tbh, i don't need any more official souls games either. there are 5 games that are all huge and replayable. i've played them since they came out and i can't even imagine reaching a point of saturation with them. the only way for a new soulslike game to interest me would be if it does something really different mechanically. the surge doesn't look like it's doing that, nioh does.
jamesprimate
Level 10

wave emoji

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7064 on: December 19, 2016, 03:48:59 AM »

its super clunky and alpha, but i can certainly see the potential in the concept of the setting. unfortunately for them i think horizon zero dawn is going to suck up a tremendous amount of the "dismantle large robots in a 3rd person setting" interest. and that game is flat out gorgeous and designed to a freakish level of slickness.

the thing about soulslikes that always bugs me is that they tend to just focus on a specific mechanical aspect of the souls games, such as "stamina" or "rolling", "block and parry", etc., but almost always neglect the thing that was such a huge appeal of the game, which was the huge variety of equipment and spells and builds and upgrade paths you could take from the beginning. The feeling that you could solve problems in a huge variety of ways and experiment to find what worked for you was so awesome.

Other than Skyrim, what other games do you feel like match up to the souls series in that regard? Maybe Im missing out.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #7065 on: December 19, 2016, 04:46:53 AM »

the thing about soulslikes that always bugs me is that they tend to just focus on a specific mechanical aspect of the souls games, such as "stamina" or "rolling", "block and parry", etc., but almost always neglect the thing that was such a huge appeal of the game, which was the huge variety of equipment and spells and builds and upgrade paths you could take from the beginning. The feeling that you could solve problems in a huge variety of ways and experiment to find what worked for you was so awesome.

i would have said the same thing before i played bloodborne, but BB has reduced build variety compared to the other games and is my favorite in the series.

or ymmv actually, there's still a lot of variety, it's just streamlined variety. so instead of there being 10 diffferent greatswords, 8 of which have identical movesets, there are just 2 greatswords that are really different from one another.

bborne's issue (which dks3 also has) is probably more that the game's progression imbalances different builds. namely, it takes forever to get decent arcane or bloodtinge weapons, unlike in des-dks2 where you can get good gear for any build early if you know what u are doing.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2016, 04:52:39 AM by Silbereisen » Logged
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #7066 on: December 23, 2016, 11:33:21 AM »

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1327506
Rumor: Hidetaka Miyazaki (FromSoftware) and Kentaro Miura (Beserk) working on collab

Tumetsu
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7067 on: December 23, 2016, 12:01:43 PM »

I hope they will finish Berserk.

Also: https://gonzzink.com/2016/12/23/translation-mistake-miyazaki-and-miura-collaboration-not-happening/

b∀ kkusa
Global Moderator
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #7068 on: December 29, 2016, 08:46:22 AM »

for ~550$ you can preorder (available ~june 2017)this beauty:

_glitch
« Reply #7069 on: December 29, 2016, 09:08:17 AM »

A must have!
JWK5
Level 9

A fool with a tool is an artist.

View Profile
« Reply #7070 on: March 15, 2017, 04:00:43 PM »

Dark Souls 3: The Ringed City DLC

Fear not the dark, ashen one. Journey to the world’s end to search for the Ringed City and encounter new lands, new bosses, new enemies with new armor, magic and items. Experience the epic final chapter of a dark world that could only be created by the mind of Hidetaka Miyazaki. This new adventure has players chasing after the Slave Knight Gael to the literal end of the world as he searches for the Dark Soul of Humanity.

At the close of the Age of Fire, as the world ends and all lands converge upon themselves, a lone adventurer descends into the madness of the earth and uncovers the secrets of the past. As players make their way to the fabled Ringed City they will encounter ancient beasts, a new cast of characters teetering on the edge of insanity, new armor, weapons, magic, and at the bottom of it all, a long lost city filled with new horrors for players to overcome.

My Art Tutorials:
 Here

"Today is victory over yourself of yesterday, tomorrow is victory over lesser men." - Miyamoto Musashi
Tumetsu
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7071 on: March 28, 2017, 07:13:30 AM »

Started playing the Ringed City. Goddammit I'm rusty and this game feels so slow and difficult after Bloodborne. I feel like I walk in a tar, I don't know how to use my shield anymore and limited healing means I have to be really careful with each enemy. It will take some time to get used to this after bb.

Also, thanks From for poison swamp with lasers. That's what I have always wanted. WTF

Slowminder
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7072 on: March 29, 2017, 02:02:13 AM »

Finished DS3 yesterday. Soul of Cinder was a piece of cake (2-4 attempts). But I never got to kill Nameless King. That motherlover is impossible to me. 30-40 attempts - only got like 50% of his HP during 2nd phase.
I've chosen 2nd ending, which seems to be more logical to me, but it's also a disappointment - 10-sec-long cutscene. And I thought that Bloodborne endings were shitty...
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #7073 on: March 29, 2017, 04:32:29 AM »

Gonna try this dlc after i finish NIER but my expectations are not too high
Tumetsu
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7074 on: March 31, 2017, 12:34:48 PM »

Gonna try this dlc after i finish NIER but my expectations are not too high

Haven't finished it yet but I think it is good so far. Not as good as the Old Hunters though. Loved Lapp's quest line.

quantumpotato
Quantum Potato
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7075 on: April 04, 2017, 04:54:54 PM »

again, this has the exact same problem other "soulslikes" have. why would i play this over any of the actual souls games, excluding setting?

it's a bit spammy with the freemium churn but I enjoyed the gameplay & level branching of Suda 51's Let it Die on PS4

Tumetsu
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7076 on: April 11, 2017, 07:07:45 AM »

Finished Ringed City in coop with my friend and almost as solo. I think content was very good and areas and bosses were really nice, especially the final one. Visuals in final battle and area were impressive. This is not as good as Old hunters but still solid extra content.

However, I was slightly disappoint in the end when we bring Dark Soul blood to painter girl. I'd had hoped a bit more dialogue or short cut scene or something considering all the stuff we went through to get it. Oh well,
this is DkS so maybe that was expected.

cactus
Makeout King
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7077 on: April 13, 2017, 05:13:58 PM »

I really liked the new DLC. It was better than Ashes of Ariandel, which I liked as well.

I especially liked the first area and the last boss. The first boss was really nice gameplay wise, like a weird combination of Ludwig and Friede. Took a few tries, but fewer than the area leading up to it. The visual design of the boss was a bit boring though.

Second area started out really nice, and the absolute first part took a moment to figure out. Then there was the passage with the stairs and lots of big bulky enemies I didn't really figure out how to get through in an enjoyable way.

I like how they basically turned a spiral staircase into a maze leading up to the dragon. Very nice level design.

Midir was a moment of despair I hadn't felt since DS1/Fume Knight. Tried summoning out of desperation, but eventually overcame it solo when I realized you had to stay in front of him.

The spear of the church boss was a cakewalk the first two times, but when I revived him after that I got severely beaten three times in a row.

Gael was not even close to an expected final boss, but I think the execution was extremely well done. It took a bunch of tries (I played NG+++ at SL145), but never felt unfair when I died. He did the right amount of damage, and his attacks were very well telegraphed (the final part less so, but his moves were easy to learn and the obscuring effects were cool, so I honestly don't mind).

Really excited about whatever From Soft decides to do next.
rj
Level 10

bad, yells

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7078 on: April 14, 2017, 02:19:18 AM »

oh hey welcome back my dude

quantumpotato
Quantum Potato
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7079 on: April 14, 2017, 04:38:17 AM »

oh hey welcome back my dude