Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411528 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 11:38:59 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsOffering Paid WorkComposer, sound designer, and web designer for indie word game (All found!)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Composer, sound designer, and web designer for indie word game (All found!)  (Read 2102 times)
Snea
Level 0

View Profile
« on: June 07, 2012, 07:31:25 AM »

For about a year now, my partner and I have been working on an indie word game for PC. WE have an artist redoing all of the art, and up until very recently had a composer working on background music for the game. He decided, however, that he does not have the right skill sets that the game requires, and does not want to limit the potential of the game.

To that end, we're looking for a new composer.

Here is a screenshot of one screen for the game.

The game is semi-casual. By that I mean it is kind of like a PopCap game, but with more features and customizability to make it exactly how you want. The music needs to be in the background and enhance the gameplay, but not stand out on its own. The music needs to be not repetitive at all. The player will listen to only this for a long time at a time, and if it gets annoying in the slightest, they'll want to turn it off. To fix this, I believe the song needs to be long, and somewhat the same throughout, but with small variations, such as the

. As well, the game may required multiple sets of music. Peggle, for example, has about a dozen tracks.

For style, it's hard to pin down, but something relaxing yet motivational. The theme of the game is library/books, and not pixel art (so not retro stuff).

We are also looking for a sound designer for the game. Fairly straightforward, you just need to be able to match a good quality sound to each event in the game. Sounds can really enhance a game, so I'd like to have them all over the place.

We are also looking for a web designer. I can web develop no problem, but can't design at all. Not looking for anything expensive, just someone who knows modern web design techniques (grid layout, etc) and can make a site to match the art currently in the game. The current artist has said his abilities in web design are less than professional, so we'll need someone else.

In all three cases the compensation is completely negotiable. Up front, hourly, revenue share, all fine. However, keep in mind that I don't have too much money to work with, since the game is being paid for with savings, not a kickstarter. Just means I can't spend thousands on any of these jobs.

I also love good communication across emails, etc. If you can very clearly and detailed get your idea across to me, that's awesome!

If you'd like to take a look at the full game, I would be glad to send it to you.

I can be reached at [email protected] (need the website designed so I can get a relevant email!) or through a PM here, or on Steam or xfire at SneakyMax. Thanks!
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 02:02:18 PM by Snea » Logged
GavinHarrisonSounds
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2012, 07:41:28 AM »

Email sent!

MoritzPGKatz
Level 3

"Was he an animal, that music could move him so?"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2012, 09:07:59 AM »

Hello,

I've sent a mail too!

Cheers,
Moritz

Arcadian Atlas now on Steam!
>120 minute jazz OST on my Bandcamp
Vinyl pre-orders available
Head of Music at German Wahnsinn Studios
MJOMusic
Level 0

mjomusic.co.uk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2012, 10:23:22 AM »

Email sent!  Smiley

Thanks all,

Matt

Matt Oglesby
Composer & Sound Designer
MJOMusic.co.uk
@MJOMusic
jamiebell
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2012, 12:47:00 AM »

Sent an e-mail re: composing and sound design!

Thanks Smiley
Jamie
Snea
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2012, 07:33:05 AM »

Thanks to everyone that's emailed! Still haven't gotten anything for the web designer. Frankly, if you're a graphic artist of any kind, you could probably do just fine. I just can't do it myself!
SundownKid
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2012, 05:57:10 AM »

Mail sent!

FelixArifin
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2012, 01:14:14 PM »

Sent mine as well.

Felix

Snea
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2012, 02:01:40 PM »

All the positions have been filled! Again, thank you to everyone that has replied! Wish I could hire you all, but that wouldn't work out too well. The responses I've gotten to this have been fantastic.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic