Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411491 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 29, 2024, 06:57:31 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsNightmerica - Out Now!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Print
Author Topic: Nightmerica - Out Now!  (Read 18429 times)
iammonshushu
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: July 29, 2012, 04:52:45 AM »

That's commitment to testing! Ben and I both tried round 1000. You get raped by fire-breathing skeleton dragons within seconds.

jamiebell
« Reply #61 on: July 31, 2012, 04:43:06 PM »

Yo viva!

Staying true to form, I'm here to make a post saying "good god this looks so amazing, please let me do music or sound effects for this  Evil"

<3

Keep making bitchin' stuff!
vivavolt
Level 2

butts

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: August 05, 2012, 01:49:35 AM »

Sorry for the radio silence, uni just went back and I've had a whole bunch of stuff to sort out. That doesn't mean game stuff isn't happening!

I have a whole load of images for you guys today, so I'll probably just post them then explain after each screenshot what you're seeing.

So here is the beginnings of me having customizable controls! The framework for that's pretty much all done for keyboard remapping, joystick is next.

This guy is a new enemy, he wanders about pretty harmlessly but when you kill him, he explodes pretty violently and shoots out some particles. They're a bit hard to see here, but in game they flash and are pretty clear hazards.

This is another new enemy, he leaps around from wall to wall while spinning.

This shows a change to the way ammo (and health) crate work. Now they are infinite, and you can buy as much or as little health/ammo as you like by "charging up" at them.

There are two new special weapons, the rocket launcher and the grenade launcher. They're very powerful and do splash damage.

Bit hard to see here, but I've done some new gun images to add to the diversity.

Okay so, the alpha testing went pretty remarkably well I think. We got quite a few people interested and got good feedback. TouchArcade seemed to really like the look of what we've done so far so that's always good!

We have a big list of features to work through, and a lot of things to consider based on people's comments.

Nice words

Thanks man! We've actually already had someone hit us up about music but if that falls through I'll definitely try and get you on board / we have some other projects we're keen to do after this that fit your vibe pretty well I think.

vivavolt
Level 2

butts

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: August 11, 2012, 10:19:15 PM »

I'm currently in the process of moving out so, that's taken up a lot of my time lately. However, the work continues!

Features Added This Week:
- New enemy designs
- New enemy spawning / round system
- Fixes & improvements to saving, store and coin collection

Here are all the enemy designs so far:

I'm also very proud to announce that FRACTURES has come on board to provide music and general audio for the project.

You can check out his work here.

vivavolt
Level 2

butts

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: August 14, 2012, 03:53:25 AM »

Brand new gameplay video, development is going well. FRACTURES music has come on board to provide the soundtrack and sound effect, check out http://fracturesmusic.com.

Follow us on twitter @VolticGames for frequent updates. And remeber, alpha available here: http://voltic.site90.com

vivavolt
Level 2

butts

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: August 21, 2012, 03:08:06 AM »

Sadly, this post might not be TOO exciting. We've been working a lot on the store / unlockable weaponry and improving the interface / effects.

Features Added:

- Special Weapons can be purchased to be used as starting weapons!
- It's much clearer which slot you're looking at in the armory
- The special weapons store exists (along with new icons for every special weapon)
- There are also better current gun indicators in game
- Special weapon crates use the new icons
- Ice weapons work, and will spray snow flakes when they connect
- Electricity weapons work, and sparks fly out electrocuting surrounding enemies on contact

Each of these dot points corresponds to the images I'm posting below!

vivavolt
Level 2

butts

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: August 30, 2012, 04:39:04 AM »

So, we're actually getting close to feature complete for one arena! Need to implement upgrades, more enemies (can you ever have enough?) and some special stages. But then it's all gonna be balancing, then more maps!

Features Added Today:

- New effect: Heal, when a bullet hits an enemy you will receive a health boost
- New effect: Random, every bullet fired has a different effect at random. It's pretty awesome.
- Fix: Health is now capped at a maximum
- New guns in store using new effects
- New upgrades store where you can purchase upgrades and unlocks that aren't just about guns
- New special weapon; meteor strike

vivavolt
Level 2

butts

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: September 09, 2012, 01:51:21 AM »

Features Added Today
- Three new special weapons!
- Turret, defends itself (currently invincible too)
- Meteor strike calls a meteor from above (previewed last post)
- Molotov cocktails!
- Enemies now have some colour variations (can be seen a bit in the below pics)

tchassin
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: September 09, 2012, 11:07:01 AM »

Features Added Today
- Three new special weapons!
- Turret, defends itself (currently invincible too)
- Meteor strike calls a meteor from above (previewed last post)
- Molotov cocktails!
- Enemies now have some colour variations (can be seen a bit in the below pics)
AW YISS

iammonshushu
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: September 11, 2012, 04:34:19 PM »

Also new:
- Dinosaur Boss (to unlock special weapons)
- Another Boss (in progress, to unlock ice effects)

All in all we are getting really close to iOS release and PC release will follow with more features and stuff.

vivavolt
Level 2

butts

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: September 15, 2012, 06:29:42 AM »

Features added:
- New Bosses!
- Began work on the intro sequence (no pictures sorry!)
- More upgrades, you can upgrade your special weapons now (turrets etc.)
- Getting pretty close to a feature complete version!
- Still need more enemies, always more enemies...

New bosses are pictured above!

Sorry for the brief entry, I have exam(s) to study for.

Pixelulsar
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: September 15, 2012, 10:18:57 AM »

Looks very cool and fun game.
I especially like the random guns, they will make it a lot more interesting.
Oh, and how many bosses are there, because it seems like there are lots of them?

iammonshushu
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: September 16, 2012, 09:57:23 PM »

At the moment there is one for every gun effect to unlock and one to unlock special weapons, so there will be six in total (I think?). The bosses are themed after the effect you unlock.

iammonshushu
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: September 21, 2012, 07:00:44 PM »

Upgraded the 'heart' boss to be more terrifying. Other than that we redid some of the engine and implemented choosing your sidearm. Some point soon we're going to think about a beta, it's just a matter of getting to a point where we're happy with it. Probably around summer (in Australia) holidays  Beer!

vivavolt
Level 2

butts

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: October 07, 2012, 05:01:01 PM »

Sadly it's been a while since my last update, and there's not even that much to show since we've been doing a lot of bug fixes lately. The game is basically feature complete now, the bosses need some tweaking then we need to design the other maps.

After that, we're probably all set for the iOS release milestone!

So; since I can't screenshot much of what we've done lately here is a new youtube video:

vivavolt
Level 2

butts

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: October 20, 2012, 06:52:07 PM »

After spending much time with my head on my desk, I have successfully got the game to adapt to iPhone 5 screens and iPhone 4 screens dynamically. iPad support will either be another battle, or a separate version of the game at this rate.

Regardless, enjoy the pictures that look rather unimpressive but make me super happy.

iPhone 5:

iPhone 4:

Excuse the minor pixel errors on the borders etc. I kind of rushed to post about my success!

The position of the controls looks like a bug, but it's because I have their positions saving and loading now so you can manually adjust them in the options. I need to make the default positions for the iPhone 5 still, though.

Loren Schmidt
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: October 22, 2012, 11:57:16 AM »

I just saw this for the first time. It looks pretty stylish, moves well, and I like where you're going with the art. I look forward to seeing more updates.
vivavolt
Level 2

butts

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: October 25, 2012, 04:59:04 AM »

Ricky here: creeping ever closer to release on iOS, although we are planning to revamp it a lot for PC.

Just a few updates such as starting the tutorial...

... and polishing the bosses
EDIT: The fader object was off by 22 pixels, but that's fixed

Also, we have new music (which we think is great!) and new special weapon: the ICE SHIELD.

Keep your eyes peeled.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 05:12:18 AM by vivavolt » Logged

Udderdude
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: October 25, 2012, 05:51:46 AM »

Are you planning to make a mode with static levels and little to no randomness?
iammonshushu
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: October 28, 2012, 01:58:24 AM »

Not really at this stage. We haven't done much randomness in games before so this game was supposed to be a bit different, to make at least. The maps are not random and the waves are procedurally generated with increasing difficulty not properly random.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic