Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 03:53:58 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsNightmerica - Out Now!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Print
Author Topic: Nightmerica - Out Now!  (Read 18281 times)
vivavolt
Level 2

butts

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: November 04, 2012, 12:01:27 AM »

I've spent today getting the new music in and writing a new music engine, as well as starting work on some new maps.

We also finally laid out exactly when and where each weapon, upgrade, pistol etc. gets unlocked in game. We're aiming to keep it interesting with almost any progress unlocking new things for you to try.

The main hurdles left now are getting the finishing touches on everything and doing the tutorial / maps. While Ricky and myself are in the middle of exams right now, we should be looking at a release in the coming weeks if all goes to plan.

I've also included a video showing some of the new music off etc.

iammonshushu
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: December 13, 2012, 10:28:43 PM »

Sorry about the long silence, but we are back now. Just implementing upgrades and fixing bugs so not really any screenshots to show at the moment. We are almost ready to release for iOS!

vivavolt
Level 2

butts

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: January 31, 2013, 03:52:21 AM »

Long time no update. That's in part because not that much has happened, everything has just been bug fixes and balancing. Many boss tweaks etc.

But, at long last we have a release date! And a teaser trailer:

We're so happy to actually be (basically) done here, the next few weeks are going to be hectic though. Ricky is already back at University and I will be back on the 25th of Feb, and we have another game release coming BEFORE this.

Anyway, have some nice pictures we may or may not have released before (I forget).

vivavolt
Level 2

butts

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: January 31, 2013, 04:45:02 PM »

I have realised our date was a bit ambiguous (but not really since the date had passed) for our American friends, so I've had to update all that rather hurriedly. I'll update the video later...

In other news, we made it to number 50 on indiedb and number 2 on slidedb.

Which is pretty cool.

Trystin
Level 4

Nyoom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: January 31, 2013, 09:16:00 PM »

This is looking very nice, looking forward to its release  Smiley

vivavolt
Level 2

butts

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: February 20, 2013, 03:48:25 PM »

Nightmerica has finally been submitted to the App Store!  Toast Left Waaagh! Toast Right

So... Now we wait a little while before doing a million press related things, that I never really understand and never really seem to show many results.

tchassin
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: February 20, 2013, 05:06:52 PM »

good luck with that! cheers Beer!

vivavolt
Level 2

butts

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: February 22, 2013, 02:08:08 AM »

Our gameplay trailer is done!

This shows some pretty good variety in terms of what you'll see in the game, but it doesn't show anywhere near the full content (there are some surprises to be had).

vivavolt
Level 2

butts

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: February 27, 2013, 05:26:30 PM »

Alex Kunzelmann has kindly put together a (p)review of Nightmerica! He had some very kind words to say about it and we're very thankful for his interest. He's also clearly an awesome dude since he's from Brisbane originally, check out his channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/TangentsLP

We're getting very close to release now! Which is pretty exciting, so the publicity push is coming... Which is probably my least favourite part of game development but hey, it doesn't last forever!

vivavolt
Level 2

butts

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: March 01, 2013, 02:44:48 AM »

Nightmerica is officially live in the App Store!

Reactions have been pretty positive so far, we'll keep updating  this thread with info / actual updates we release. But please, check the game out here:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic