Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411514 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 27, 2024, 03:48:32 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsHiddenThe DromeValley of the DeadUnpaid WorkPixel Artist/Artistic Collaborator needed: moonman
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Pixel Artist/Artistic Collaborator needed: moonman  (Read 2027 times)
eigenbom
Level 10

@eigenbom

View Profile WWW
« on: June 13, 2012, 06:56:23 PM »

Hi! I've been developing a game called moonman for the last 8 months, on and off, and I'm getting to a stage where I need to seriously consider the visual direction of the project. The video below shows a fairly recent build.

I'm looking for someone with an artistic background to join the project. Initially it would be just to discuss the general style, palette and composition of the game with, but later, as development progresses, there would be a lot of practical work, including designing and drawing all the tiles of the world, working on the characters and animations, doing the backgrounds, UI, menu, etc.. In a nutshell I'm looking for someone to take over most of the decisions regarding the appearance of the game. The general style I've had in mind the entire development is aesthetically minimal, colourful, and ascii-like, but there's room for movement in that.

I should say that I am only looking for someone who wants a serious collaboration and is able to spend initially a day or two a week on the project, but that may ramp up to 3 days a week in a couple of months as the first alpha is released, and then depending on the reception of the game, may ramp up to full weeks. The financials will have to be sorted out, but it's likely that we'll distribute the sales proceeds based on an agreed upon percentage, renegotiable as the project develops.

A little about me: My name is Ben, I'm 31, I live in Melbourne, AUS, I received a PhD in computer graphics last year, and have been full-time indie for a couple of months. I'm working on two projects, one of which is moonman, and the other, a collaboration on an ios game. Moonman is a game I've wanted to make for a long time and is my first seriously developed game. It will be developed as a rolling release with an early cheap beta, and continue to be improved over the years.

Anyways, please PM me if this sounds like your kind of project, I'm interested in seeing portfolios etc., or you have any questions about the game don't hesitate to ask.

Coffee

click to video

wademcgillis
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2012, 08:02:04 PM »

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO  Crazy

The graphics are perfect as they are right now!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic