Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 01:57:34 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArt (Moderator: JWK5)PIXEL WAR I : The Great Enlistment || Join up now!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
Author Topic: PIXEL WAR I : The Great Enlistment || Join up now!  (Read 14056 times)
michael
Pixelhead
Level 10

yo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2008, 08:24:59 AM »

the ottumway tribe has never been know for its strength or courage, or its stamina or speed. but what they lack in physique, they have made up in horticulture. being too weak to hunt the savage animals that roam the sprawling wasteland. the ottumwa tribe has always relied on plants as a source of food and textile. but the desert of their world is harsh and unforgiving, finding plants that could grow in such an environment as been a struggle. for centuries they have been cultivating stronger and stronger strains, developing plants suitable to the harsh climate. they searched the world far and wide finding the fiercest species and the fastest growers. and they did quite well, but it wasnt until one particular seed was discovered in the feces of a massive beast. it produced a plant of unimaginable resilience and vigor. as they began to pollinate it with their other crops they found their plants growing larger, faster, and more cunning with each succession.

now a thick forest surrounds their village, providing all their resources and protecting them from anyone foolish enough to approach them. and so while their combatant, padma, comes armed with only his trowelchette,  a flask of sparkling water, and a sack of seeds, all who know of the ottumway people, fear him.

you rob the bank, i'll rob stewart
Hideous
That's cool.
Level 10

3D models are the best

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2008, 08:43:12 AM »

Oh I am so in.

FishyBoy
Level 7

Make like a tree and get the hell out of here

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2008, 11:17:20 AM »

While short, Mo Haak (what a clever name I know) is a complete sociopath. He wants the jungle only for himself, and will sacrifice any notion of honor or fairness to get his hands on it.

Damn. Not the only short fellow. Came up with the idea before I saw this post.

This can only mean one thing:
michael
Pixelhead
Level 10

yo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2008, 11:24:04 AM »

its moral-less midget madnesss  WTF

FishyBoy
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2008, 11:27:12 AM »

its moral-less midget madnesss  WTF
Kiss Kiss Kiss
FARTRON
Level 4

the last man in space

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2008, 10:11:20 PM »

Count Valentine de Wallington the Fourth

I'm better at words than at pixels, bear with me.

The curse of the de Wallington clan dates back to the current Count's Great-Grandfather, Count Valentine de Wallington. The eldest Valentine secured the boundaries of the land that his father, Sir Lafayette de Wallington had fought for and won, and upon them forged a civilized countship whose ekonomic circumstances soon cared for themselves. Valentine intended to leave for his descendants a profitable sinecure overseeing the dailey trade and activities of the port town of Wahlberg.

On a hill overlooking the town and the bay, and backing up to the great hunting lands kept for his personal use, Valentine began construction of a handsome villa. He began to stay at the home while it was only three quarters of the way finished, to better oversee its construction and to enjoy the privet lands behind.

It was one day while hunting in which he came upon a small tribe of nomadic mystics who had stopped their wagons deep within the forest. A bent old woman asked the Count's permission to remain on his land while they tended to a few of their young who had caught sick while traveling. The Count refused, and ordered his men to chase the mystics away.

It was merely a month later that, while sleeping in his unfinished villa, that the fourth wall, then under construction, came loose of its foundation and fell upon the Count in his sleep.

His widowe, who was with child, was much aggrieved and was little seen amongst the people from thence on. The child, born soon after, was given his father's name in the hope that he might carry on his father's ambitious works.

Count Valentine de Wallington the Second lived his entire tragic life beset by terrible visions and fevers of the mind. It was as though the fabric of reality were constantly coming loose about him. He was drowned in the bay one night, at far too young an age, with the look of one who was fleeing something unseen.

Count Valentine de Wallington the Third quickly became a wastrel and squandered his income on as many vices as he might find. He drank himself into a stupor and spoke very little of his mind to anyone, let alone his son. Some claimed that when he was in a deep drinke, he would confide in those closest at the time that he too saw terrible visions, as his father had. He wasted his family's fortune and died of a poisoned liver.

Many people watched Count Valentine de Wallington the Fourth closely for signs of his grandfather's madness or his father's vice, but the child disappointed them. He neither grew bitter nor mad. When he came of age and found his inheritance to consist of his great-grandfather's cane, his grandfather's pocket watch and his father's bowler he showed no emotion. He graciously accepted these gifts, and left to find his own fortune.

It is said that for some time he sought the descendants of the gypsies who had cursed Valentine the First. Whether that was his quest, and whether he succeeded is not known for sure. All that is clear is that the Count has returned with a confident look in his face, as though he had seen the underside of reality.

Everything that was once directly lived has receded into a representation. - debord
increpare
« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2008, 11:34:18 PM »

And when you fight against him, death is the best thing that can happen to you, commonly he rape your soul and you join his army of undeads

Eclipse
Level 10

0xDEADC0DE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2008, 12:09:55 AM »

:D :D :D

<Powergloved_Andy> I once fapped to Dora the Explorer
cyber95
Level 5

The Computer is your friend.

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2008, 12:25:16 AM »

Bane is the werewolf.  :D

Bane was your ordinary werewolf. Human during the day, wolf at night. He wasn't all that bad a guy, though, which made it difficult having to kill with his brethren when the villagers of all the towns he'd lived in started deciding to systematically kill people off to rid themselves of the wolf menaces.  At one point, though, it stuck.

Being trapped in his wolf form, he was unable to live alongside other citizens anywhere anymore, and other werewolves were far more violent than him, thusly lived in a shelter he made himself home out of a cave. This allowed him to survive during the beginning of the War for Land, and gave him somewhere to hone his skills before setting out on his journey for survival. Besides, it wouldn't have been much longer before others found out about his abode, and would seek to destroy him, for whatever reason.

Mr.moo
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2008, 01:07:07 AM »

i have some ideas but am finding it hard to decide i might take a quick poll later....

DO THE R.O.B!
Nate Kling
Pixelhead
Level 9

Caliber9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2008, 06:59:00 AM »

just wondering are robotic characters allowed if there like interdimensional or does it have to be swords and armour kind of stuff....... Gentleman

Well, I think it would be better if we kept robots out of this, I was trying to aim for a theme and setting so that our characters will at least sort of look like the fit with each other and also so that we can have more pixel wars in the future with different themes. 

This is already looking great I'm going to have mine up soon.  If anyone is bored and wants to pixel some jungle scenes to battle in that would be cool.  The background stories are a lot of fun.

george
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2008, 07:01:03 AM »

Holy shit.  Shocked

Caliber, explain more how the war works please. For example Xion could choose andy's guy and andy could choose Xion, and each would draw a battle?
andy wolff
Level 10

-------

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2008, 07:12:46 AM »

wow, really great ...everything, you guys. this keeps getting more and more epic.

Can you make him without the black background?

Other than that, neat Smiley though if he's on a platform, he might be standing on one foot.

yeah, good points. nobody likes black bgs or polio pixels.

@george: i think there will be some sort of rule in place to avoid having people draw two battles between the same characters, probably.

basara
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2008, 07:27:33 AM »

And zoom:

Not a very bright dude, from your average village, he practices some kind of kungfu and boxing mixture.
Nate Kling
Pixelhead
Level 9

Caliber9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: August 25, 2008, 11:39:08 AM »

Holy shit.  Shocked

Caliber, explain more how the war works please. For example Xion could choose andy's guy and andy could choose Xion, and each would draw a battle?

Yeah, they don't have to choose each other, but once everyone creates a character we can start making battle animations.  You pit your character up against another character or characters of your choice.  So you get to animate another person's creation.  Hope that makes sense.

György Straub
Level 4

Friendly Giant Nano

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: August 25, 2008, 02:16:43 PM »

This is already looking great I'm going to have mine up soon.  If anyone is bored and wants to pixel some jungle scenes to battle in that would be cool.  The background stories are a lot of fun.

I'm not too happy with the foliage, but until there's a better one...

andy wolff
Level 10

-------

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 25, 2008, 03:10:04 PM »

that is rather extensively good sexcellent.

FishyBoy
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 25, 2008, 03:16:35 PM »

I'm not too happy with the foliage, but until there's a better one...
I think it's gorgeous!
michael
Pixelhead
Level 10

yo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2008, 03:57:22 PM »

wow, you whipped that masterpiece out fast!

KayelGee
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 25, 2008, 05:39:28 PM »

Here we got the gentleman  Gentleman
Years have passed until our hero learned the way of the gentleman. He's ready to fight everyone in a gentleman like manner.

zoom:

ot:
Well first post so hello guys, just had to join the forums here, there is so much awesome here in this forums, you guys all rock  Beer!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic