Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411486 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58427 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 10:30:36 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArt (Moderator: JWK5)PIXEL WAR I : The Great Enlistment || Join up now!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
Author Topic: PIXEL WAR I : The Great Enlistment || Join up now!  (Read 14074 times)
György Straub
Level 4

Friendly Giant Nano

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: August 25, 2008, 10:22:15 PM »

that is rather extensively good sexcellent.

I think it's gorgeous!

wow, you whipped that masterpiece out fast!

Thanks guys, glad you like it.

Mr.moo
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 26, 2008, 12:16:37 AM »

can we keep fighting if we get killed by others..

DO THE R.O.B!
Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 26, 2008, 05:54:48 AM »

As much as gentlemen are awesome, I'm not certain they fit with the theme. It's meant to be a harsh world and gentlemen live in cozy mansions with tea and crackers. And fistfights.

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
handCraftedRadio
The Ultimate Samurai
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: August 26, 2008, 06:14:26 AM »

Melly's right. You should just save him for the next pixel war when the setting is in monopoly land.

Nate Kling
Pixelhead
Level 9

Caliber9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: August 26, 2008, 06:18:49 AM »

can we keep fighting if we get killed by others..
  Of course!  I think part of the fun will be to see your own character being destroyed and humiliated by other characters.
!CE-9:  Thats a really awesome background!

György Straub
Level 4

Friendly Giant Nano

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: August 26, 2008, 12:12:52 PM »

good news everyone, I'm a bit happier with the foliage now. Grin

I must admit, I was cheating with the first one, I used a shadow layer, which gave the color of dark leaves and the left side of the tree (and the stones deeper in the ground). Today, however I revamped my palette, and although I do miss a couple of colors, it gives me enough space not to use methods that are considered sacrilege in pixel(art)ist circles.=)

hope you enjoy the new one.

Inane
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

Arsenic for the Art Forum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: August 26, 2008, 07:43:43 PM »

Trisk, proud member of the crab-rider cavalry, faces your challenge!

real art looks like the mona lisa or a halo poster and is about being old or having your wife die and sometimes the level goes in reverse
György Straub
Level 4

Friendly Giant Nano

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: August 27, 2008, 02:15:20 AM »

quick mockup. had tooooo much time on my hands hurrying to work.

Inane, I do <3 your crab.

Mr.moo
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 27, 2008, 02:51:24 AM »

Meet Kyse, he's a highly trained agent for the B.O.M (brains over muscles) he has highly developed psychic powers and has been selected to show all tactics and brain power win the jungle, aswell as some good looking purple clothes. (please let me use him)

DO THE R.O.B!
michael
Pixelhead
Level 10

yo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: August 27, 2008, 08:23:29 AM »

Trisk, proud member of the crab-rider cavalry, faces your challenge!

i actually almost did a crab cavalry! im glad i didnt, but now i may have to battle you to satiate my desire for crab beasts

awesome !ce-9! this is gonna be quite a match. you dont ned to include my background though :p

you rob the bank, i'll rob stewart
György Straub
Level 4

Friendly Giant Nano

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: August 27, 2008, 01:24:48 PM »

awesome !ce-9! this is gonna be quite a match. you dont ned to include my background though :p
that'd be my pleasure.=)

updated with Kyse. (I'll stop updating, it's just something to get everyone into the mood anyway.=) )

Fifth
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 27, 2008, 09:52:21 PM »

Tyrnmik, of the Divine Claw

Aeons ago, the Akkreah lived like any other beasts who are at the top of the food chain: hunting for food, finding a safe place to sleep, and, in general, ensuring the survival of their kind.  It was when the species migrated to a secluded valley later termed the "Vale of Life" - verdant with vegetation and crawling with prey - that the first throes of civilization began to bind them.  Comfortable in the plenty so willingly offered by the valley and sped along by the mystical properties latent therein, they began to cultivate their own food, develop complex means of communication, and weave stories to tell of their past, and of the creation of the worlds...

Ages passed, and the Akkreah had reached the first phases of industry, of construction and metalworking.  The natural power and finely-tuned senses that brought the Akkreah to the top of their ecological ladder was supplemented by artificial bones and claws worn over the skin.  With hard plates and razor claws of metal, a fierce Akkreah warrior could even shred the flesh of the terrible Tariminzion beast within seconds.
Of course, they had to be prepared for the worst.

The common belief of the world was one of fear... a fear the "Grekyl", or those who walked on two legs, who were born of destructive fire - a consequence for the Akkreah trying to harness the fire's power.  The Grekyl were intent to spread their wrathful flame all across the world, devouring all that is good and green, until the earth burned so bright that the very Moon would melt.  The spread of the Grekyl had been blamed for the recent ebb in the Vale's natural resources, and the waves of famine that reached to the very edges of the Akkreah's civilization.
Thus, a holy guard was created to protect the civilization against the Grekyl, and the "Divine Claw" was born from the guard to strike at and take down the Grekyl, wherever in the world they might hide.  The Divine Claw would recruit only the most fearsome warriors, ready to lay down their lives and destroy the Grekyl in order to right the wrongs of old and restore the Akkreah - and the world - to their former, prosperous glory.

Atop the most accomplished of the Divine Claw sits Tyrnmik, whose current quest has led him to a strange land still lush with life... a land he knows he must, at all costs, protect from the Grekyl...

(and I hope my pixels are readable enough...)
Mr.moo
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 27, 2008, 10:02:06 PM »

please feel free to edit my guy to a smaller size if he's to big.

DO THE R.O.B!
Xion
Pixelhead
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: August 28, 2008, 06:20:52 PM »

I'm definitely looking forward to maiming some of these dudes.
Tyrnmik, Crab Rider, Basara's fighter, The Necromancer, and the Ottumway Tribe member will be, I think, very very fun.

Nate Kling
Pixelhead
Level 9

Caliber9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: August 28, 2008, 06:57:28 PM »

Wait Xion you haven't met Stickrot of the Blueslicer clan. 

Stickrot was raised as a young boy by only his mother.  His father passed away in one of the great wars of the past and had left him only with his father's holy dagger.  Now that food is growing scarce in his land and his mother has recently fallen ill, Stikrot marches into battle with anger,passion and rage as his strongest weapons but is aided by his holy dagger and the razor sharp teeth,characteristic of his people. Oh and he likes the taste of human flesh. Actually, all flesh for that matter (that means crab meat too Wink)
« Last Edit: August 28, 2008, 07:02:15 PM by Caliber9 » Logged

ChevyRay
« Reply #55 on: August 28, 2008, 08:17:07 PM »

Awesome :D These are great so far! I love yours, Caliber9, and I really really like the design for Tyrnmik, Fifth! It looks unfinished in some places, though.

Mercor Fel  (aka. "The Hornet")

Mercor's people were once powerful and strong, burning and pillaging as they travelled to the infamed land of magic. But one fateful night, whilst travelling through the Darkanwood, they stumbled upon a clan they could not destroy. The Bane Hornets. As the deadly poisonous bugs swarmed his people, Mercor was swinging his sword in a blind panic until the ground broke away beneath him.

He fell, fell, fell into the deep cone hidden in the ground, and landed before the Queen of the Bane Hornets, Kelkwikkalik. Enraged by the slaughter of his people, he launched himself and his iron scimitar at the Queen. With his scimitar through her head, and her great stinger through his middle, Mercor lived, and defeated the great Queen with barely a breath of life in him.

But where his life leaked away, the poison of Kelkwikalik's stinger flowed into him, engulfing his body in pain and turning his skin hard and black. The effect of the poison was so strong and violent that everything was over before he could die, and with his renewed strength and rock-solid skin, he pulled himself off the stinger.

With no Queen to lead them, the Bane Hornets follow her blood, Mercor's blood, and will do so to the ends of the earth. They obey his every command and sacrifice their own lives, with their poisonous stingers (to which he is now immune), to restore his wounds and keep him alive.

As long as their are Bane Hornets, Mercor Fel, "The Hornet", is forever sentenced to live in the agony that the poison running through his blood brings him, and seeks the power of the mysterious magic to end his pain, his life, once and for all. He and his swarm will stop at nothing to get it.

(if you look closely, you can see the patch over the hole through his middle, which remains there; you can see right through him when he removes it... but nobody wants to get that close to The Hornet)

PS: crappy sprite Sad
« Last Edit: August 28, 2008, 08:30:59 PM by ChevyRay » Logged
michael
Pixelhead
Level 10

yo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: August 29, 2008, 07:05:46 AM »

Evil

Nitro Crate
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 29, 2008, 07:55:38 AM »

Introducing...

RoarCrazyThing

It does stuff. I don't really have a back story for it yet.  Cry  (Or a real name for that matter)

Zoomed x4

[/pathetic attempt at pixel art]

I have no idea how to enable transparency on ms paint. If anyone could point that out for me.  Embarrassed  (I tried using the color picker and ctrl clicking the background, but that doesn't work)
michael
Pixelhead
Level 10

yo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: August 29, 2008, 08:47:59 AM »

nice nitro! your guy and my guy should team up. i dont think there is transparency in mspaint, at least there wasnt back when i used it. i can make the bg transparent if you want.

Nate Kling
Pixelhead
Level 9

Caliber9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: August 29, 2008, 09:29:35 AM »

Chevy that is an awesome story! And an awesome sprite!  Tomorrow is the last official day for submissions of your character.  And the combat will begin tomorrow as well.  Good luck friends.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic