Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1309606 Posts in 58621 Topics- by 49743 Members - Latest Member: Barbas

August 21, 2017, 09:52:30 am

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsBootleg DemakesFillauth [FINISHED]
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Author Topic: Fillauth [FINISHED]  (Read 72321 times)
increpare
« Reply #60 on: September 17, 2008, 07:15:06 am »

Very impressive guys though, there isn't too much to do?  I wandered about a lot though, and it was entertaining (though the resolution for some reason I was never entirely happy with: it did feel 'resized down' to me rather than something that had been conceived at that scale...maybe this is just an optical illusion though Wink )
Moon Goon
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 17, 2008, 07:45:50 am »

Official Protest: Not actually a De-Make. More of a... Revision? Except done in 2 weeks or so.

WTF

I'd have to respectfully disagree.  I'm not sure what the de-makes authors intention was, but the low-rez graphics remind me of Atari Lynx or other low resolution/many color systems.  So, PC Fallout -> Atari Lynx/Apple IIgs/MSX2 Fillauth = De-Make.

I was confused by the higher resolution intro.  Should have been equally low-res unless the author stated that his de-make console could support it.  For instance the MSX2 could go high res and that would explain the intro graphics.

Mind you I couldn't even dream of doing a better job myself Smiley
« Last Edit: September 17, 2008, 08:10:45 am by Moon Goon » Logged

I'm a PEEK'er. I'm a POKE'er. And I'm a midnight coder. I type my programs and hit RUN.

Check out itch.io for my Atari 2600 game ROMs! http://theloon.itch.io/
Xenophobe
Level 0

wat fk

View Profile Email
« Reply #62 on: September 20, 2008, 04:05:17 pm »

You had me at Fallout.
Gainsworthy
Level 10

BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS...

afroman5k@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #63 on: September 20, 2008, 08:39:54 pm »

Official Protest: Not actually a De-Make. More of a... Revision? Except done in 2 weeks or so.

WTF

I'd have to respectfully disagree.  I'm not sure what the de-makes authors intention was, but the low-rez graphics remind me of Atari Lynx or other low resolution/many color systems.  So, PC Fallout -> Atari Lynx/Apple IIgs/MSX2 Fillauth = De-Make.

I was confused by the higher resolution intro.  Should have been equally low-res unless the author stated that his de-make console could support it.  For instance the MSX2 could go high res and that would explain the intro graphics.

Mind you I couldn't even dream of doing a better job myself Smiley

Smiley

I jest! But, it is a really polished take on the game - presentation replicated masterfully.
Cesque
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 11, 2009, 06:02:27 am »

Gah, sorry to resurrect the topic - but is there any chance this gets finished beyond the competition entry phase? The updates seem pretty old.

I'm plain in love with the game - it takes skill to parody a game which in itself is a parody in many cases Wink Aside from some pathfinding issues, I loved the demo, and hopefully found absolutely everything there was to be found.

Well, in any case, I'd love to see this finished and check out the combat.

I got invited into and refused membership, and all I got was a lousy T-shirt.
thewreck
Level 0

View Profile Email
« Reply #65 on: March 19, 2009, 02:01:23 am »

heh, thanks! I dunno about finishing it though. Hey, you never know, i really liked the project, but its unlikely that i will work on it unless i suddenly get like a month of free time.

Combat would be interesting indeed, but it was also damn fun just to try and make puzzles that were based on other things. Its a great platform for exploring rpg-related challenges. Mayby i will delve into that again when i feel like getting some rpg-dev done in the future.

Megazell
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 04, 2010, 11:53:11 pm »

Great work.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic