Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411869 Posts in 69424 Topics- by 58471 Members - Latest Member: spdp

June 04, 2024, 10:50:26 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallString Raider (a game made for miniLD 35)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: String Raider (a game made for miniLD 35)  (Read 698 times)
Manuel Magalhães
Forum Dungeon Master
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« on: June 18, 2012, 04:52:35 AM »

Web/Win/Linux/Mac
String Raider is a game I've made for miniLD 35, with the theme "Dare".
Inspired by Tom Sennett's game "Tom's Crown Affair" for it's keyboard craziness, String Raider is a game where you control your ship by pressing most of the keys you've on your keyboard.
I liked developing it a lot, since I learnt a lot of new things I can apply to future projects and it was a nice opportunity to do something wild with a game. Smiley

Description:
A ship is on its way to Earth when asteroids appear. Guns are too expensive and stuff, so to defeat them you can only use the power of YOUR KEYBOARD.
How long can you take?

-One button is too little, eight buttons is "ok", but what if you had about forty seven buttons? Welcome to String Raider.

-Pseudo-ASCII/Glitch aesthetics, just because I dared to do it.

-Compare your scores with other players, or tweet intergalactic gibberish to your followers.

-Hotseat action! One player takes control of the ship with A-Z, which has to survive for 30 secs, while the other controls the asteroids with 0-9. For player 2 I recommend using the numpad numbers, but if you want to dare me and your opponent and use the numbers above the letters, then go ahead!

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic