Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411738 Posts in 69405 Topics- by 58458 Members - Latest Member: oiledsurvivor

May 23, 2024, 01:45:40 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallSt. Chicken (PC/Mac) Launched on Indievania and IndieCity
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: St. Chicken (PC/Mac) Launched on Indievania and IndieCity  (Read 553 times)
Marc Wilhelm
Level 0

I make a variety of games

View Profile WWW
« on: June 18, 2012, 08:45:17 AM »

I am a mid-thirties mainstream game veteran who dropped out to go indie. This is my first solo game! I'm happy with the way it turned out. It is available for Mac and PC at Indievania and currently at IndieCity for PC only and is awaiting approval from the Mac App store...and Steam (don't laugh :D)

I am also running a giveaway sweepstakes that you can enter free here to win one of five copies.

If I had it to do all over again I would have straddled the line between indie and casual less. I think a lot of indie types are put off by the simple colorful graphics and assume it is casual crap. I wish more players would give it a chance and play it, the mechanic is unique and the game is fun!

Here's my marketing copy:

"Defying genres, St. Chicken is in a category all its own - a fun but challenging puzzle-swimmer-platformer where you control an omnipotent pet guppy. St. Chicken is lost in the wild, and has been granted special healing powers. Spawn, nourish and protect your very own school of offspring, guiding them through hazardous waters to safety.

Don't let the cute graphics fool you, the game is accessible to all skill levels, but those seeking a perfect score will need to develop some serious skills. Controlling the St. Chicken, you'll spawn, nourish and protect a school of susceptible offspring, guiding them through a series of lakes and estuaries avoiding hazards in the form of patrolling electric eels and stingrays. The goal is to spawn and herd your offspring to the end of each level where the lost treasures from the aquarium that was once home to St. Chicken lie."
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 08:09:47 AM by Marc Wilhelm » Logged

“Failure isn’t a necessary evil. In fact, it isn’t evil at all. It is a necessary consequence of doing something new.”
― Ed Catmull, Creativity, Inc.: Overcoming the Unseen Forces That Stand in the Way of True Inspiration
Marc Wilhelm
Level 0

I make a variety of games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2012, 08:10:36 AM »

Now on Mac! - Changed info below

“Failure isn’t a necessary evil. In fact, it isn’t evil at all. It is a necessary consequence of doing something new.”
― Ed Catmull, Creativity, Inc.: Overcoming the Unseen Forces That Stand in the Way of True Inspiration
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2012, 08:14:15 AM »

looks interesting  Hand Thumbs Up Left

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic