Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 08:48:59 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArt (Moderator: JWK5)Searching graphical artist/designer for (finished) music album I made
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Searching graphical artist/designer for (finished) music album I made  (Read 1855 times)
Lukas
Level 3

View Profile
« on: August 25, 2008, 03:28:08 AM »

Hi!
I just finished an instrumental album (kind of) inspired by Nine Inch Nail's Ghost I-IV.

The album (named "Functions") will be free for download and presented on a (micro-)website.

The music is already done and we already have a Website-Creator (for the HTML-stuff).

We need an artist that could design the album cover, back, additional art and the microsite's "appearence" (you design the website as a collection of picture files, the HTML-guy makes an interactive website out of it)

About the album:
The overall theme will be really open (see Ghosts I-IV) but there is a major idea there: "What have mathematics to do with ourselves and our nature?"
I don't really want to give the album out just like that but if you are interested and have something to show in your portfolio/response (or elsewhere?) I will definately enable you to download the album pre-release and give it a listen. (it's 44:55min - 41mb in mp3-128kb/s-form)

What I demand:
You should have...
+ a strong sense of style
+ good skills with the graphical program(s) you are using
+ something to show in your gallery/portfolio/etc...
+ the ability to draw/design mathematical graphs that look really good. (its the overall-theme I already chose for the album)

How work would look like:
+ I already have pretty certain ideas about what I want to have as cover art etc. but we can definately discuss and get some of your ideas in! You'll really have opportunities to show your own ideas but you will also have to follow certain guidelines.

Contact: Please contact me per PM or Forum-response (or send me an email to [email protected]). Further contact could be held over IRC, ICQ, E-mail or PM. Whatever you like.

I'm happy about any interest or request. 

BaronCid

(I mostly copied this thread from my deviant-art-forums-thread I did yesterday but since they just want to make kawaii-chibi-contests->.< on there I thought asking over here would be a better idea. And I didn't want to completely rewrite the whole thing. That's why its maybe a bit "too" formal. Tongue )  Gentleman

I make (60s/70s) rock music. Listen to my band's new album here: www.speicher.bandcamp.com
Alex May
...is probably drunk right now.
Level 10

hen hao wan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2008, 11:20:23 AM »

Hi everyone,

I started work on this but may be unable to complete it. If anyone is interested, it could be a fun project and pretty short for a creative type.

At the moment we have a cover that BC is pretty happy with:

And I started messing about with the album theme as there needs to be a kind of legend page that describes the progress of the album. All I did so far was split up the graphs into 4 so they would be a bit easier to handle and the scales would make more sense:

If anyone is interested in picking this up or giving me a hand, please post or PM me or BaronCid. You will be able to listen to the full album of course - I've listened to it a few times now and really like it. It's got some really interesting tracks, some challenging ones, and some straight-forward-yet-well-made tracks too. I recommend it, personally, but if you don't like it, feel free to back out Smiley

So yeah, let us know! I'm going to be strapped for time between now and IGF so if anyone has some time and some design skills please help Smiley

I can supply .PSDs and .AIs for these of course.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic