Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411492 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 29, 2024, 07:33:45 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralI miss the old crowd
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
Print
Author Topic: I miss the old crowd  (Read 19106 times)
ink.inc
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2012, 10:51:23 PM »

B)
Gravious
Level 2

"Swedish meatballs"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2012, 12:04:49 AM »

i know what you mean dude

Thats what i mean

One day I'll think about doing something to stop procrastinating.
eyeliner
Level 10

I'm afraid of americans...

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2012, 12:22:54 AM »

i think you are thinking of phubans' thread? that one was more about how he thinks this forum's users in general are bad, it wasn't distinguishing between new and old users. i don't think new users are any worse in terms of respect and post quality than old users
There will always be the ones who will say the same thing as the OP. This is a cycle, a never ending cycle that will be like the one before.

Years from now, someone will say the exact same thing.

Yeah.
Blademasterbobo
Level 10

dum

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2012, 12:55:12 AM »

Years from now, Derek Yu will have ascended to his true form, bringing a terrible enlightenment upon the indie world. All that is old shall be as new, all that is new shall be as old, and developers far and wide will cry out in a combination of ecstasy and horror. In the not so distant future, the Spelunkening awaits us all.

Hand Point Left Hand Shake Left Hand Thumbs Down Left Hand Thumbs Up Left Bro Fist Left Hand Metal Left Toast Left Hand Fork Left Hand Money Left Hand Clap Hand Any Key Tiger Hand Joystick Hand Pencil Hand Money Right Hand Knife Right Toast Right Hand Metal Right Bro Fist Right Hand Thumbs Up Right Hand Thumbs Down Right Hand Shake Right Hand Point Right
Garthy
Level 9

Quack, verily

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2012, 01:33:27 AM »

Yeah, sorry everyone, all the cool old people left as soon as I joined. If only I knew! Wink
medieval
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2012, 09:15:48 AM »

I've been here since 2008, but... god damn I was 13 years old. I feel caught in the crossfire
Schrompf
Level 9

C++ professional, game dev sparetime

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2012, 10:17:17 AM »

I miss being missed.

Snake World, multiplayer worm eats stuff and grows DevLog
deathtotheweird
« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2012, 11:05:04 AM »

I drink too much to remember anyone on this forum

who are you guys
emacs
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2012, 11:38:01 AM »

I don't think age of your account and post quality are proportional.  See: icycalm.

Also people who make new accounts but have been here for a while, like im9today -> dota_mtdew, jwk5 -> JWK5, etc.

Fallsburg
Level 10

Fear the CircleCat

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2012, 11:58:31 AM »

Going to be way more confrontational than necessary, and this is a bit non-serious, but I can't ignore such a shit-stirring thread.

I don't miss the old crowd.  Every time they come back to TIGS they say something along the lines of "Things suck. Things used to be better. I miss the way things used to be." and generally act like dicks to those people who didn't know that indie games existed pre 20XX.  If they think that is the best way to contribute to the community, then I'm glad they stay away.

Now, those members of the old guard that still contribute regularly and meaningfully to the community, yay on them.  But those people who haven't posted in 3 years acting like this website is somehow theirs and not everyone's, fuck them.
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2012, 01:19:14 PM »

This guy is trying to take control, get him

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2012, 01:46:17 PM »

I miss moi's avatar.  Sad
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2012, 01:55:07 PM »

Going to be way more confrontational than necessary, and this is a bit non-serious, but I can't ignore such a shit-stirring thread.

I don't miss the old crowd.  Every time they come back to TIGS they say something along the lines of "Things suck. Things used to be better. I miss the way things used to be." and generally act like dicks to those people who didn't know that indie games existed pre 20XX.  If they think that is the best way to contribute to the community, then I'm glad they stay away.

Now, those members of the old guard that still contribute regularly and meaningfully to the community, yay on them.  But those people who haven't posted in 3 years acting like this website is somehow theirs and not everyone's, fuck them.

ya i agree with this post. besides, it's not like the old guard didn't have terrible dramatic threads too. take a look at this thread:

http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=224.10

participants include alec holowka, phil fish, terry, konjak, haowan, anthony flack, guert, etc. -- most of whom claim they no longer post on tigsource because of the low standards it has fallen to

and i know that thread isn't *that* terrible, but i imagine if many of those people came to tigsource and saw a thread with that subject/title that devolved into discussing whether it's okay for japan to be racist they'd pretty much condemn the thread and everyone in it
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 02:02:09 PM by Paul Eres » Logged

moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2012, 01:55:40 PM »

I miss moi's avatar.  Sad
WHICH ONE?

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2012, 01:57:11 PM »

your current one. i couldn't see it for like the last 30 minutes or sth but now it works again Shrug
Gravious
Level 2

"Swedish meatballs"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2012, 02:02:38 PM »

I don't miss the old crowd.  Every time they come back to TIGS they say something along the lines of "Things suck. Things used to be better. I miss the way things used to be." and generally act like dicks to those people who didn't know that indie games existed pre 20XX.  If they think that is the best way to contribute to the community, then I'm glad they stay away.

Now, those members of the old guard that still contribute regularly and meaningfully to the community, yay on them.  But those people who haven't posted in 3 years acting like this website is somehow theirs and not everyone's, fuck them.

Lol, well i wasn't moaning per-se, just expressing regret at a time passed by..  i used to love spending 10 hours a night on #tigirc with those who knew me, but real life got in the way and i can't live life the way i used to..

but you rage on buddy, seems you have beefs :D

moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2012, 02:03:12 PM »

CRISIS AVERTED

I will change it anyway because it's hotlinked from someone's dropbox.

Gravious
Level 2

"Swedish meatballs"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2012, 02:06:16 PM »

i should add:  I don't know nearly as many of the "new crowd" as i'm sure i'd like, and maybe i'll work on changing that, i really do miss the feel of a nice fitting community ;-)  but i will say seeing the likes of Paul Eres, Blademasterbobo, Dragonmaw and Cthulhu32 posting makes me feel all fuzzy inside :3

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 20, 2012, 02:10:17 PM »

CRISIS AVERTED

I will change it anyway because it's hotlinked from someone's dropbox.
just upload it somewhere else, it's a great avatar
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: June 20, 2012, 02:34:36 PM »

I can't do that dave

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic