Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411504 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 04:22:33 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsBootleg DemakesAquarium [FINISHED]
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
Author Topic: Aquarium [FINISHED]  (Read 83310 times)
Annabelle Kennedy
Awesomesauce
Level 8

♥Android Love♥

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2008, 10:10:10 PM »

ha hahahaha  Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss
Oracle
Pixelhead
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2008, 12:07:32 PM »

Day 2:

Ok, so i slept trough some of my ideas, and some are being tossed away, while others are definitive, they add a bit to the "Woah" factor, so, maybe i won't post things related to them yet.

I have a bit of a wip sample of the title screen that needs to be corrected since the title of the game (definitive now) is;

Aquarium with the subtitle The Underwater Cave Story

And obviously i was building it (WIpish tho) around the name "Marina", so i have to change that, tho, the "font" i think resembles that of Aquaria, so im happy with that.

I also managed to work a bit on the part where Naija (do i need to change the name?) enters the underwater cave, and obviously she walks...that anim is ready too, and i'm using the default MMF engine, otherwise *I* would never finish it.

Now, it cap time, in game, 2X sized.

shinygerbil
Blew Blow (Loved It)
Level 10

GET off your horse

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2008, 12:31:00 PM »

Kiss Kiss Kiss

Beautiful.

olücæbelel
Dugan
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2008, 01:51:08 PM »

looks super fab

moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2008, 04:38:49 PM »

Looks better than the original Kiss

"Aquarium The Underwater-side cave Story" :D

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
Terry
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2008, 04:42:18 PM »

The whole "Cave Story ripoff lol" thing kinda spoils it for me Sad But otherwise, it's looking really good Smiley

Cheater‽
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2008, 05:04:35 PM »

Naija (do i need to change the name?)
Ajian.
laserghost
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2008, 08:55:44 PM »

looks fun!
Oracle
Pixelhead
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2008, 10:08:38 PM »

Update:

Time is basically what im missing today... not much progress at the moment.
Eclipse
Level 10

0xDEADC0DE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2008, 04:38:36 AM »

very nice, i dig also the gameplay change

<Powergloved_Andy> I once fapped to Dora the Explorer
Oracle
Pixelhead
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2008, 09:04:32 PM »

Aquarium
Day 3:

Ok, sooooo!, my exams are over (till the new ones come up  Cry) and even tho, yesterday i didnt get much done, a couple of minutes ago , while i was working on the walking-engine, (and together with the good news that the deadline has been extended) i figured i should do something a bit different; and even tho, i really liked the original idea i had, im kinda tossing it away, in favour of something a bit more clever, puzzle like (tho, it will also have action oriented stages).

In case anyone is interested, the original idea revolved around semi-short, action oriented stages, driven by plot scenes (think ninja gaiden nes) and the story basically was, that while Naija was hanging out in home waters, she feels an earthquake...as she goes "out" she sees some large rocks collapsing, and strange flow in the verse (yeah weird but i had to tie it up), as she defeates the first boss, another cinematic goes on, where she breafly sees a figure covered in black clothes(similar to the one in Aquaria at the start (wich supossedly is behind it all). Later on, she meets with Curly Brace (yeah thats why it had the "clever" subtitle; Underwater Cave Story) as a playable character wich can be used at any time by pressing "select"(same as Naija), using the special abilities of each to advance, and it follows the events that happened shortly after the ending on Cave Story...blabla the end.

So, the new concept, is to stay more true to the original Aquaria, and keep it water-only gameplay, but more focused on puzzles driven missions.

I already worked on a few new enemies, and im thinking up some missions...ii think it should be pretty doable, and a nice experience all around.

Ill be sure to post progress.

Those thingies shoot at you

« Last Edit: August 28, 2008, 09:53:34 PM by Oracle » Logged
deadeye
First Manbaby Home
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2008, 04:17:38 AM »

This is looking pretty damn good.  Also,

tweet tweet @j_younger
Oracle
Pixelhead
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2008, 06:13:54 PM »

Aquarium
Day 4

Jesus Christ all mighty! I just received some collaboration offer from Flod, who is willing to work on the music/sound aspect of things, and i must say that what he sent me sounds AMAZING.

At least you can expect a furious soundtrack for the game!

Ill keep you guys posted
 Beer!
sergiocornaga
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2008, 10:03:30 PM »

Wait... does this mean that there will be no Curly Brace?

Cry

I wish I'd never been told about that part, every other change sounds like its for the best...
Blueberry
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: August 31, 2008, 01:36:20 AM »

This is looking absolutely incredible!
I love the 2 pixel outlines, everything looks so cuddly, but yet so cool!
Oracle
Pixelhead
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 31, 2008, 08:50:10 PM »

Aquarium
End Day 4

OH, big steps today.

I pretty much finished the engine, new music by Flod (kickass!), several misc stuff...finished all the "tutorial" levels, so its pretty much a thing of creating the actual levels and that's it! time is on our side now.

Im psyched up about this!
I'll post a little demo soon i think!

Cheers  Beer!
flod
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2008, 01:32:40 PM »

This is looking absolutely incredible!
I love the 2 pixel outlines, everything looks so cuddly, but yet so cool!

Truth! I love this cuddly art-style too!   Gentleman
PHeMoX
Level 2

"All bugs are belong to us."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: September 01, 2008, 02:01:15 PM »

Great idea and looking sweet. Definitely reminds me of NES with the Mario-nesque underwater setting.

"Fun is rule."
agj
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: September 01, 2008, 08:22:00 PM »

Whoa, this is looking beautiful... You're a fantastic pixel artist, Oracle.

Oracle
Pixelhead
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 07, 2008, 09:34:24 PM »

Dear Tigersauces:  Gentleman

Due to the recent and sudden death of my grandmother, i wasn't able to put at least what i wanted (even though, everything was ready engine and graphic wise) in the game.
Despite this, im presenting what i have, as "finished" even tho, its not so rough around the edges, it lacks content (wich hopefully in a couple of days/week(s) i could add the 10 or so, extra levels that i had in mind.

It was something really fun to work on, and i felt really happy about the response (specially that of the original creators).

I also left a couple of lines of (non invasive) text, in the way of a tribute to my grandmother, and my girlfriend, wich...well, i just don't have words to express the ammount of love and support that she has given me.

I hope that you guys don't feel like its too cheesy or ugly in-game, nor think that i was under the impression of wining an oscar or something...simply, like i said, it was some kind of little "tribute"

Having said that, i hope you enjoy it, the original is a fantastic game and kudos obviously go to Alec and Derek, tho, i must admit, i only have played trough the demo, and seen a few playtrough videos on youtube.

The music and sfx is by flod, tho unfortunally i havent heard from him in a couple of days, so a couple of sounds/music are missing, but what we have there, its top notch

Smiley

File
http://distractionware.com/oracle/Aquarium0.1.zip
Shots

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic