Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 11:52:36 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsTIGJam:UK
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12
Print
Author Topic: TIGJam:UK  (Read 66863 times)
Bezzy
Level 5

Loves the Gloves

View Profile WWW
« Reply #120 on: October 14, 2008, 02:19:41 PM »

If I'm not in Shanghai, I'll be getting a ticket for this.

YAAAAY!!! YAY YAY YAY!!!

I always wanted to work with haowan!

Um. But don't anger your wife on our account!

Corpus
« Reply #121 on: October 14, 2008, 02:41:51 PM »

Any good mother-in-law would understand, haowan.
fikey
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #122 on: October 17, 2008, 10:03:35 AM »

hi guys,I'm new to the forum and as a Londoner ,I was considering popping up at that Jam but I'm not really familiar with the concept.
I'm an artist and I don't know anybody from the community ,how is it working out ? Do you meet at the jam and start right away on a idea ? do I have to offer my body as a compensation ?

sorry for being a bit of a noob
increpare
« Reply #123 on: October 17, 2008, 10:06:50 AM »

hi guys,I'm new to the forum and as a Londoner ,I was considering popping up at that Jam but I'm not really familiar with the concept.
I'm an artist and I don't know anybody from the community ,how is it working out ? Do you meet at the jam and start right away on a idea ? do I have to offer my body as a compensation ?

sorry for being a bit of a noob
Oh! Come along.  I think it's anticipated that people will team up over the course of the weekend on various projects.

(somebody else might have more to add?)
Hayden Scott-Baron
Level 10

also known as 'Dock'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #124 on: October 18, 2008, 03:43:18 AM »

Quote from: Paypal
Your payment for £25.62 GBP has been completed.
You are now being redirected to TIGJam UK

Oh look what happened. I guess I'll see you fine gentlemen there, then!

I can't promise how 'involved' I'll be, but I'll bring my trusty 12" XP laptop along and see how it goes. I can't do any Unity stuff on this, of course, but I don't own a macbook. I'll be there all of Saturday and a bit of Sunday.

Also, might I suggest you update the first post of this thread to include details of how to sign up and a link to this article? I had to hunt the Tigsource post out of the news archive.  A 'what to expect' post would be useful too, such as the USA one where they talked about an end-of-jam meal. Any plans for that sort of thing?
« Last Edit: October 18, 2008, 04:06:23 AM by dock » Logged

twitter: @docky
increpare
« Reply #125 on: October 18, 2008, 04:21:27 AM »

Great!
Corpus
« Reply #126 on: October 18, 2008, 08:34:38 AM »

Jolly good, Dock! See you there.

Yeah, I'll do what you suggested. It got a bit confused because I had to post the announcement in the announcements forum, but there was already this thread in the TIGJam forum.

Just for the sake of letting people know here before I've got that all sorted out, I think for the first night we're thinking about going out to some bars for a drink and to all get to know each other for a bit. I think it'd be a good idea to do something like what Terry suggested on the first day, too (the 3-hour games thing). Obviously we'll be going out to eat and whatnot on the other days as well.

As for an end-of-jam meal, it would be good, but people would unfortunately have to pay for it themselves as, really, all the money from the tickets is going towards the room.
Bezzy
Level 5

Loves the Gloves

View Profile WWW
« Reply #127 on: October 19, 2008, 12:14:02 PM »

So, I'm just wondering. What is everyone doing in preparation for the jam?

I have a pretty good idea of a game I want to do, so I'm going to knock out a quick design doc to see if I can court interest from people who are looking for something.

After that, I'll get some ground-work code sorted to hopefully make the creation of the game a mite-bit easier (though I can't do a great deal). Maybe, if anyone gets interested in this idea, they'd like to do similar - identify some chunk of code which could be easily knocked up in preparation?

I dunno!

I just want to see what everyone's looking to get done incase their idea is so striking that I want to ditch mine and help with theirs! Show your hands, damnit, people!

increpare
« Reply #128 on: October 19, 2008, 12:21:05 PM »

Nothing much.  TIGJUK is going to be a very definite 'break' from my routine.  I look forward to being very impulsive while at it.
Terry
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #129 on: October 19, 2008, 12:55:48 PM »

I have a pretty good idea of a game I want to do, so I'm going to knock out a quick design doc to see if I can court interest from people who are looking for something.

After that, I'll get some ground-work code sorted to hopefully make the creation of the game a mite-bit easier (though I can't do a great deal). Maybe, if anyone gets interested in this idea, they'd like to do similar - identify some chunk of code which could be easily knocked up in preparation?

I dunno!

I just want to see what everyone's looking to get done incase their idea is so striking that I want to ditch mine and help with theirs! Show your hands, damnit, people!

I have a couple of things vaguely in mind; one in particular that I think might be promising is a little action game I've wanted to make for a while. It's all about speed and timing and performing tricks for highscores, but there are a few subtleties to it that I think could make it kinda cool Smiley The idea is that you run along a base line and jump; when you hit the ground again you press a button to "flip" through it and gravity is reversed - you chain up a few combos like this to increase your amplitude, and as you get higher/lower you see new things and new enemies. It's something I'll have to prototype a little before I go out there though; I'm not entirely sure if it'll work yet.

Failing that, there are a couple of other projects that I want to try out in November; I might maybe start a game for the Commonplace Book contest, for one. Or I might just sit back and see what other people are doing, and offer to help Smiley

Bezzy
Level 5

Loves the Gloves

View Profile WWW
« Reply #130 on: October 20, 2008, 02:31:26 AM »

Sounds like we have curves in common! I'm going to brush up my spline lib a bit... not that it's great or anything.

BenH
Level 2

Dirty boy, wash your hands!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #131 on: October 21, 2008, 04:03:12 PM »

A few questions;

What's the address of the office the jam will be taking place in? I want to arrange travel so that I'm as close as possible, venturing across London isn't my favourite past-time Wink

Is there a cut off date for the tickets? I don't have the money right now, but I should do soonish..

What time/day are most people planning on arriving?
« Last Edit: October 21, 2008, 04:18:04 PM by BenH » Logged

gonzorob
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 22, 2008, 02:57:15 AM »

Hey Donald / Corpus

Your email server keeps rejecting my emails !

Can you fire me over a 600/720dpi copy of the TIG JAM poster - I'll get some printed on Monday before Eurogamer...

There should be 4-5 of us from Beatnik and I know of about 3 popping in during the weekend

Cheers mate!

R

Corpus
« Reply #133 on: October 22, 2008, 03:15:20 AM »

Yeah, but could you ask your artists for advice on the format?

I tried sending it as .pdf originally and it was 40mb or so, which is too big to be sent in one email.

I'm not sure why it's rejecting your emails. That's odd Huh?
gonzorob
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 22, 2008, 07:16:06 AM »

Illustrator would be perfect mate – that way we can set the bleed and, if necessary, covert it to CMYK

Just email me a yousendit.com link – that’s worked for us in the past

cheers!

Robin

Corpus
« Reply #135 on: October 23, 2008, 10:56:41 PM »

Ah, it seems my emails to you have been being sent through an email that I rarely use and an email which no longer exists rather than the email account I was actually using. I have no idea why. That's why your emails wouldn't go through, anyway.
BenH
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #136 on: October 26, 2008, 04:54:41 AM »

So, how many people are on board so far? I know there's the offical roster thread, but I don't think everyone who's planning on going has actually posted there. I was thinking more along the lines of how many tickets sold?

Corpus
« Reply #137 on: October 27, 2008, 11:25:20 AM »

There are 10 registered online, as well as a further 4 or 5 who're coming with Robin.

Beatnik are taking the poster with them to the Eurogamer Expo at LGF this week, so we might get a few more people from that.
BenH
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #138 on: October 28, 2008, 03:01:02 PM »

For the people who are travelling a fair distance (i.e, anyone who doesn't live in london), will you be going home on Sunday or Monday?

I just wanted to check since I'll be one of those people and I need to book the train/coach thing in advance, otherwise it's going to cost an arse-load of monies Cry

Terry
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #139 on: October 28, 2008, 03:07:25 PM »

For the people who are travelling a fair distance (i.e, anyone who doesn't live in london), will you be going home on Sunday or Monday?

I just wanted to check since I'll be one of those people and I need to book the train/coach thing in advance, otherwise it's going to cost an arse-load of monies Cry

I'm going for the full duration - arriving on Thursday evening and going home on Monday! Increpare and Alteisentier are on the same flight as me, so they're in the same boat Smiley

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic