Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 27, 2024, 02:57:00 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsTIGJam:UK
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12
Print
Author Topic: TIGJam:UK  (Read 67157 times)
BenH
Level 2

Dirty boy, wash your hands!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #140 on: October 28, 2008, 03:44:35 PM »

Increpare and Alteisentier are on the same flight as me, so they're in the same boat Smiley

A flying boat?!

I'd like to stay for the duration of the whole thing, but it's just figuring out what to do for sleeping arrangements on the Sunday night.

increpare
« Reply #141 on: October 28, 2008, 03:48:36 PM »

Increpare and Alteisentier are on the same flight as me, so they're in the same boat Smiley

A flying boat?!
An Airship
Hayden Scott-Baron
Level 10

also known as 'Dock'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #142 on: October 29, 2008, 02:26:57 AM »

I'm going to aim to join you guys on Friday evening at around 8pm. Does anyone have any idea where you might be?

I'm still contemplating what to bring with me, what to work on, and what to make sure I have on my laptop.

twitter: @docky
Mightypea
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #143 on: October 29, 2008, 03:45:32 AM »

Hey guys,

I was told there might still be some spare computers for poor laptop-less souls such as myself?
I'm an artist, and considering coming to the TIGjam, just not sure yet.

I'd need something that could run the latest photoshop and Silo (for which I can't for the life of me find minimum system specs, but it's pretty lightweight as 3d programs go)

I'll bring my own tablet and mouse/keyboard and all that, ofcourse.

edit: you can check out my stuff at http://flickr.com/photos/michaelknubben . I'm hoping that'll help with getting someone to lend me a pc. I'll make totally rad polygonal dudes for your game.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2008, 04:27:35 PM by Mightypea » Logged

Synnah
Level 7

La la la la - oh, what fun!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #144 on: October 29, 2008, 02:28:42 PM »

Beatnik are taking the poster with them to the Eurogamer Expo at LGF this week, so we might get a few more people from that.

I was at the Eurogamer Expo today, and I saw the poster! It was over in the Indie Games corner, which had PCs running the likes of Psychosomnium, Machinarium (Which looked really nice), War Twat, Multiwinia, and the PC version of Braid. It was pretty sweet. I also played Beatnik's game on a horribly underpowered laptop, became a bit confused, and signed up for the beta.

I'm really tempted to go to the TIGJam. Alas, I don't have a laptop, and I live just far enough away from London to make commuting really awkward.  Sad

"What's that thing at the end of the large intestine? Because that's exactly what you've done here." - Ray Smuckles, Achewood.

My music. Will compose for free!
gonzorob
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: October 30, 2008, 03:39:30 AM »

I also played Beatnik's game on a horribly underpowered laptop, became a bit confused, and signed up for the beta.

haha, sorry about that! we're so poor we cant afford a good laptop Wink

hopefully you'll be able to have a proper go at the jam!

Synnah
Level 7

La la la la - oh, what fun!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #146 on: November 01, 2008, 12:37:54 PM »

The more I think about this, the more I really want to go. Has anyone got any kind of laptop I could borrow? I'd be eternally grateful! Doesn't need to be a beast, but I'll be installing FL Studio on it, along with some VSTs and samples, so I'll probably need about a GB of free hard drive space.

I can bring an airbed and blanket, and I don't mind sleeping at the office. As long as I'm not the only one; I'd feel a bit weird!

"What's that thing at the end of the large intestine? Because that's exactly what you've done here." - Ray Smuckles, Achewood.

My music. Will compose for free!
Terry
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #147 on: November 01, 2008, 12:42:39 PM »

It's possible that the Beatnik guys will have a few spare work computers, but I'm not sure Sad I'm afraid I can't help...

Corpus
« Reply #148 on: November 01, 2008, 04:05:33 PM »

3 new registrations today, not including Alteisentier, who also finally registered Beer!
Bezzy
Level 5

Loves the Gloves

View Profile WWW
« Reply #149 on: November 01, 2008, 07:52:41 PM »

I will be registering for MightyPea! I just forgot yesterday and friday, is all! I will do it first thing tomorrow. I am drunk and it is 3:52am right now.  Beer! Tired

Hayden Scott-Baron
Level 10

also known as 'Dock'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #150 on: November 02, 2008, 03:35:35 AM »

It sounds as though the TIGJam UK will be bigger than TIGJam USA at this rate!

I'm still trying to figure out what to load on to my laptop, and what to bring in general. I need mouse, tablet, and maybe an external drive just in case there's any files to swap.

BenH
Level 2

Dirty boy, wash your hands!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #151 on: November 02, 2008, 04:14:50 AM »

Hey gonzorob,

If I was to arrive at the Beatnik office around 12 on Friday, would anyone be there yet?

fikey
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #152 on: November 02, 2008, 05:36:29 AM »

hi guys ,since I can't really be sure to have a laptop for the jam ,I was considering bringing my desktop PC which is a small shuttle and a 22inch screen with tablet and stuffs... I didn't register for a full rig so I'd just like to know if there will be enough space for it.

Anyway I think I'll just pop in on friday to see how's the situation without anything and then bring back my computer after.
Bezzy
Level 5

Loves the Gloves

View Profile WWW
« Reply #153 on: November 02, 2008, 05:58:20 AM »

I will be registering for MightyPea! I just forgot yesterday and friday, is all! I will do it first thing tomorrow. I am drunk and it is 3:52am right now.  Beer! Tired

Done! So if it seems weird that I paid twice, don't worry. One is for mike.

Jimbob
Level 3

Not a Detective

View Profile WWW
« Reply #154 on: November 02, 2008, 08:21:42 AM »

If I can only turn up on Saturday, what time are things kicking off at the place?
Don't wanna stand around like a melon in the morning if you ain't gonna be there till noon :S

Last release: sync::routine
Terry
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #155 on: November 02, 2008, 08:30:17 AM »

We should probably put some final times together... there are only 4 Days
19 Hours, 31 Minutes, 56 Seconds until this thing starts, after all :D

For some reason I've been thinking that 12pm Friday is the start time, but I'm not sure (I'll be there for that, anyway). Beyond that, I don't know about start times on saturday or sunday. Corpus, gonzorob, any ideas?

We should probably put together a "TIGJam:UK: What to Bring, What to Expect, and When" thread like they did for the US one.

Bezzy
Level 5

Loves the Gloves

View Profile WWW
« Reply #156 on: November 02, 2008, 10:26:24 AM »

For anyone interested in that game I'd like to do at tigjam, I chucked a mind map together: http://bezzy.net/Docs/MindTheGap/

Hopefully Haowan will want to work on it with me. Also, that design doc is not set in stone or anything. It's just what I've been thinking of for a few months.

Terry
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #157 on: November 02, 2008, 10:29:21 AM »

Looks interesting! What kinda help do you want with it?

I have a couple of things in mind, but I think I'll probably spend the weekend trying to get to grips with Flash. But I dunno yet.

Bezzy
Level 5

Loves the Gloves

View Profile WWW
« Reply #158 on: November 02, 2008, 04:06:52 PM »

Haven't really thought about who would do what very hard, but I figure I could handle the core controls (I have a lot of specifics in mind) if someone else could handle the track editor and collision and stuffs. There's also room for render programming (getting trails really nice is tricky), and obviously back end stuffs. Oh! And menu coding! Everyone's favourite last minute hack!

Also, depending on how many people would like to be involved, there's some slightly more luxury features to it,

. I figure that might be a fun thing to prototype which is fairly separate from other game systems. Be interesting to see if there's a general solution for it - aiming to get it working for a 4 way dynamic split, or maybe even a general solution for N players.

Hayden Scott-Baron
Level 10

also known as 'Dock'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #159 on: November 02, 2008, 11:25:36 PM »

Should we all bring power splitter things?

I'm starting to think about what to bring, and it just occured to me.  Presumably there is a finite number of plug sockets, a jagillion laptops forthcoming.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic