Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 27, 2024, 04:59:07 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsTIGJam:UK
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12
Print
Author Topic: TIGJam:UK  (Read 67159 times)
Corpus
« Reply #80 on: September 17, 2008, 04:13:10 AM »

Well, it looks like it won't be happening.

Still, we made a pretty good effort on short notice.

Maybe another time Beer!
gonzorob
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 17, 2008, 09:02:31 AM »

guys I'm really sorry for being out of touch... Our flights to Austin got cancelled so we flew to LA and drove here (a long drive!)

If any of you are still keen you're welcome to use our office- I realize this is stupidly late notice, but if we can knock something together that would be awesome...

I'll check the forums tomorrow before driving back to la- if you're still availble, shout now!

Corpus
« Reply #82 on: September 17, 2008, 09:30:10 AM »

The best idea might be still to have it, but in early November. That way, everyone'll have plenty of time to book whatever they need to book to get there, and it'll also be right after the IGF deadline, so it could be a cool indie way for people to let their hair down and unwind.

I'm theoretically able to attend next weekend, if enough people can still make it. Still, it'll take a few days for us to work out who can still come, by which time it really WILL be too late. I think bumping it back a month may well be the best option.
Terry
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: September 17, 2008, 11:32:12 AM »

The best idea might be still to have it, but in early November. That way, everyone'll have plenty of time to book whatever they need to book to get there, and it'll also be right after the IGF deadline, so it could be a cool indie way for people to let their hair down and unwind.

YES :D

Have the get together in November and I'll be there at a minute's notice :D

Hayden Scott-Baron
Level 10

also known as 'Dock'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: September 17, 2008, 12:06:16 PM »

November sounds awesome! :3  I would very quite possibly be up for that, and I might be able to bring some co-workers.

twitter: @docky
Gravious
Level 2

"Swedish meatballs"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: September 17, 2008, 01:43:16 PM »

i might be able to do an extended weekend...

One day I'll think about doing something to stop procrastinating.
gonzorob
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 17, 2008, 06:33:21 PM »

perhaps late october/ early november might be better. We could get something awesome sorted out. Although I think everyone could fit in the office, it might be a bit uncomfortable Smiley

Regardless of when it’s hosted, the offer of a donating a prize and helping out (more efficiently next time) with the location continues to stand

Apologies again for being out of touch – busy times!

Robin

Corpus
« Reply #87 on: September 18, 2008, 05:30:15 AM »

The weekend after the IGF deadline is Friday 7th - Sunday 9th November. I reckon we should go for that.

No problem, anyway. Thanks for helping at all, and for offering the office Smiley

And yeah, the prize would be good. It would add a bit of friendly competiton to the proceedings, and there are few things more gentlemanly than that Gentleman
BenH
Level 2

Dirty boy, wash your hands!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: September 20, 2008, 03:59:04 PM »

Haven't been keeping up with the forums much lately, but this caught my eye. I'll definitely attend something like this. Any date is good Wink

gonzorob
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 26, 2008, 07:55:00 AM »

The weekend after the IGF deadline is Friday 7th - Sunday 9th November. I reckon we should go for that.

No problem, anyway. Thanks for helping at all, and for offering the office Smiley

And yeah, the prize would be good. It would add a bit of friendly competiton to the proceedings, and there are few things more gentlemanly than that Gentleman

Seems like everyone is working to that deadline Wink

But yes, it's a perfect time to have it - will be a good time to unwind!

Radiant
Level 1

...and we are the Dreamers of Dreams.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: September 29, 2008, 09:20:27 AM »

Hello!

I'm kind of new to these forums, but a TigJam sounds like a fun thing to attend. I live in the Netherlands, which I suppose is near enough to London. So would there still be room for one more?

Alex May
...is probably drunk right now.
Level 10

hen hao wan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: September 29, 2008, 09:23:12 AM »

Venue needed really.

C418
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #92 on: September 29, 2008, 10:04:30 AM »

I MAY be there. It's still very unclear. But I sure would love to go.

gonzorob
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 30, 2008, 02:14:29 AM »

it's still not an issue to use the beatnik games offices... I'm going to chat with a few people over the next week or so - i might be able to get somewhere bigger and better (with booze)

if that fails - we still have 350 sq ft of joy that everyone can use Wink

Hideous
That's cool.
Level 10

3D models are the best

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: September 30, 2008, 09:05:56 AM »

As I've said before: If there's a UK Jam past October 23 next year, I might be there.

Corpus
« Reply #95 on: September 30, 2008, 10:29:28 AM »

November 7-9 is almost certainly the date - it just depends on what rob hears from these people he's going to be talking to this week.

We'll know for certain by Oct 8, which is next Wednesday (I'm guessing that isn't confidential?) Anyway, it definitely won't get any earlier, so that'll give people at least 30 days to sort things out, which should be enough.

Meanwhile, we're pretty much ready to make an announcement about it as soon as we've got the info.
increpare
« Reply #96 on: September 30, 2008, 10:48:00 AM »

Cool  Grin
Dugan
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #97 on: October 01, 2008, 05:05:27 AM »

I just spotted this thread, TIGJam:UK is a great idea. If I`m free I`ll be up for it.

jimmykane
Level 0

100% jimmykane, all the time.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #98 on: October 03, 2008, 02:08:34 AM »

I'm also up for this! I should really check these forums more often, can't believe I missed it all.
If anyone would be willing to have this in Edinburgh, the "other" capital of the UK, maybe I could find somewhere...

www.chairmanwow.net/jaf - Exciting radio show, if you're excited about Edinburgh?
gonzorob
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 08, 2008, 02:53:44 AM »

Alright folks

Right , pretty much everything is ready for the TIG Jam UK! (woop)

However, as I'm renting the room, I need to know peoples thoughts on doing it on the Friday.

How many people will be there?

Personally, I dont see the point in renting a room the the entire day if only a couple of people are going to make it.

If loads of people are able to do all day friday - no worries! However, those of us with jobs, may find it kinda difficult...

What does everyone think?

As I mentioned to Donald, we could do a night out on the Friday then start on Saturday? It's totally up to you guys - I'm easy Smiley

Cheers

Robin

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic