Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411525 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 07:11:16 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingArakion - Old school RPG
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Arakion - Old school RPG  (Read 6528 times)
Lavidimus
Level 0

View Profile
« on: June 25, 2012, 03:40:55 PM »

Hey, today I wanted to share with you the current development of Arakion.
This game is being developed by myself as I am learning programming and unity. The style of the game is an old school RPG format in the sense of the Might and Magic series!

Developer Diary 2

Developer Diary 1

Sample character images.

CARDS!!!

« Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 04:26:51 PM by Lavidimus » Logged
poe
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2012, 04:25:56 PM »

Welcome to the forums, I've been seeing your game on Screenshot Saturday, looking good.
Slushy_
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2012, 04:28:22 PM »

Just subscribed on Youtube , looking good

I make Indie Game preview vids  Smiley
PsySal
Level 8

Yaay!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2012, 05:03:35 PM »

Awesome character designs, both in conception and implementation.
Lavidimus
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2012, 05:16:07 PM »

Thank you for the comments guys! If you have any suggestions or things you all would like to see in the game just let me know!

@poe yeah I don't know about many of these forums and what not so I'm figuring it out as I go along

@Slushy_ Thanks! I'll keep posting videos as much as possible, I'm on vacation for a week starting tomorrow so it'll be two weeks before the next dev diary

@PsySal Thank you I appreciate any kudos
Monstr1337
Level 0

Flash / iOS Dev

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2012, 05:56:12 PM »

Woah! This is really cool looking! I love the character designs :3

Awesome dev video btw. Really well done and informative Smiley

Newbie in training
poe
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2012, 06:30:16 PM »

Thank you for the comments guys! If you have any suggestions or things you all would like to see in the game just let me know!

@poe yeah I don't know about many of these forums and what not so I'm figuring it out as I go along

@Slushy_ Thanks! I'll keep posting videos as much as possible, I'm on vacation for a week starting tomorrow so it'll be two weeks before the next dev diary

@PsySal Thank you I appreciate any kudos

http://www.gamedev.net/page/index.html is another spot to check out. Also I must admit I only skimmed all you have to offer so this may have been answered but; is this a hobby project or your source of income?
Lavidimus
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2012, 07:01:47 PM »

@Monstr1337 Thank you, I haven't done youtube videos before so trying to learn as I go along, really was trying to avoid talking so much, but I was afraid people would lose interest because of how the weapon system was setup so I decided to go ahead and explain it the best I could. Hopefully you guys like it and if you have any ideas on how to improve it I'm always open to suggestion!

@poe I posted there, no replies yet though. I freelance 3d model for the most part for income, I tried starting a game a few times in UDK but was never successful as teams usually fell apart or I couldn't find a programmer and what not, so finally decided f' it I'll do it all myself, and here I am!. I'm working on the game pretty much every spare minute I have.Like I said I'm on vacation starting tomorrow so while I'll still post to peoples questions / comments development will be halted for 7 days.
poe
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2012, 07:28:02 PM »

It shows you're a modeller, the game is visually stunning. You should have airships to get between skylands. They could look like skiffs with wings and a giant fan on them or something. Or the barges from Bastion Shocked
Blodyavenger
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2012, 11:33:15 PM »

Everything looks really nice from the visual characters to the enviroment. UI like character screen looks great as well - I'm watching you!  Blink

Can't wait to see more gameplay Smiley

ANtY
Level 10

i accidentally did that on purpose

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2012, 02:42:38 AM »

Wow, these models look amazing, also I'm very impressed that you're making this alone!  Shocked

Lavidimus
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2012, 09:35:59 AM »

@poe I hadn't planned on how to getting between islands yet but that's a good idea!!! Thanks for the kudos on the graphics as well!

@blodyavenger I appreciate the comments!!  Like I've said before I'm going to try and have diaries of about every other week or so

@ANtY thank you for the kudos!!
jb
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2012, 03:16:05 AM »

I love your art style! I hope your character development stays on this path, it's quite refreshing to see interesting races being implemented instead of the usual human/elve/dwarf thing. How about gnolls or troglodytes as playable characters? I also really like that you only have 3 party members, not sure why but I always found 5+ in Might and Magic way too many, more personal like this Smiley

pixelbarons.com
DOGO - competitive local multiplayer platformer
Ashaman73
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2012, 04:42:41 AM »

wow, looks really cool.  Shocked

Lavidimus
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2012, 06:54:39 PM »

@jb  I think you'll be pleasantly suprises with the next race. I appreciate the kudos and promise that the style is remaining I have 4 characters done with three on the way. And yeah I think three is the best bet it's enough so you get wttachrd and have a diverse party but few enough that you're going to have to sacrifice classes or combinations for ones you find more helpful. Trogs and gnolls are not on the roster for now at least so sorry about that, but if I feel like the game eventually warrants a fund raiser one of the perks will be to choose you're own class and race, I'm still up in the air about that as it seems people are unwilling to find these types of games and I'm confident I can make it myself.

@ash thanks!!!

On my phone sorry about the typos
Lavidimus
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2012, 04:46:02 PM »

Back from vacation,

I will be starting to do a technical developer diary series in between my game development diaries. So if there is something specific you would like to know how I did in the game, please let me know. I'll try to get the first one out next weekend.
verticalvertex
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2012, 08:56:41 AM »

Great art.

It's all good.
stevesan
Level 3

Experienced coder, n00b designer.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2012, 12:55:14 PM »

Awesome 3D art man. Looking forward to this! Always feel free to drop a line if you need some unity/programming help.

maetheec
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2012, 12:47:54 AM »

Certainly looking great, and since I don't really know which part of what's shown in the video is finished and which part isn't. So, if I'm commenting on unfinished stuff, I apologize.

Based from what I've seen in the video, individual artwork looks great and polished, but overall, it still looks like a test level with random object place here and there for development purposes. So, if that is your test level, then no problem there Hand Thumbs Up Left

Same with the UI, the layout still looks a little messy, which is totally fine if it's still being worked on.

Overall, this is looking great Smiley And you definitely got skills. I love old-school RPG, so I'll be looking out for this one.
Games Inquirer
Level 4

I love video games.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2012, 07:34:32 AM »

Rad low poly (ish) models, gonna be a lost art soon me thinks.

Unless it becomes some kind of 3D equivalent to pixel art...

Check out my amateur blog in Greek or English.
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic