Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411934 Posts in 69434 Topics- by 58481 Members - Latest Member: Maiu

June 11, 2024, 10:58:18 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralThis retro pixel-art hegemony has to stop!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9
Print
Author Topic: This retro pixel-art hegemony has to stop!  (Read 19624 times)
waxx
Level 1

head to the right

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 26, 2012, 12:19:07 PM »

HAPPY B-DAY TO THE GROUND

I TOOK IT AND THREW IT ON THE GROUND

ANtY
Level 10

i accidentally did that on purpose

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: June 26, 2012, 12:19:58 PM »

YOU CAN'T BUY ME RETRO MAN
I'M NOT A PART OF THE SYSTEM

MAAAAAAAAAAAAAN

JWK5
« Reply #42 on: June 26, 2012, 12:23:33 PM »

Jesus christ, why you're such an ignorant?
I'd feel offended but this sentence insults you far more than it insults me.

If the developer himself says in his own FAQ that the big thing will be VERTICAL (MAMIA MIA BELISSIMO!!!!!) SCROLLING and other cool features then seriously, how can you believe any of this and get hyped?
Who said I am hyped? I don't recall donating to the project and I don't recall ever saying I wanted to even play it (which I am relatively sure I don't).
Blademasterbobo
Level 10

dum

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 26, 2012, 12:25:27 PM »

Jesus christ, why you're such an ignorant?
I'd feel offended but this sentence insults you far more than it insults me.

If the developer himself says in his own FAQ that the big thing will be VERTICAL (MAMIA MIA BELISSIMO!!!!!) SCROLLING and other cool features then seriously, how can you believe any of this and get hyped?
Who said I am hyped? I don't recall donating to the project and I don't recall ever saying I wanted to even play it (which I am relatively sure I don't).

(paged)

anty and waxx, you two are fucking idiots

and waxx, jwk5 was making fun of anty's idiotic joke, not the shitty mario clone

Hand Point Left Hand Shake Left Hand Thumbs Down Left Hand Thumbs Up Left Bro Fist Left Hand Metal Left Toast Left Hand Fork Left Hand Money Left Hand Clap Hand Any Key Tiger Hand Joystick Hand Pencil Hand Money Right Hand Knife Right Toast Right Hand Metal Right Bro Fist Right Hand Thumbs Up Right Hand Thumbs Down Right Hand Shake Right Hand Point Right
ANtY
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: June 26, 2012, 12:26:19 PM »

so what's your point

and waxx, jwk5 was making fun of anty's idiotic joke, not the shitty mario clone
actually it was waxx's joke Wink

anty and waxx, you two are fucking idiots
nope, you are

HernanZh
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: June 26, 2012, 12:27:49 PM »

Seems to me waxx doesnt hate pixel art. He just hates Super Retro Squad.

ANtY
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: June 26, 2012, 12:28:49 PM »

Wow, someone finally read the article, thanks to you bro  Gomez

I'm pretty sure he hates SRS, laziness and ppl hyped for effortless games

waxx
Level 1

head to the right

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 26, 2012, 12:29:42 PM »

I hate shitty games that use pixelart as their method to promote themselves as being so called 'retro' and 'nostalgic'.

8bit crap is like bland Call of Duty of indie games. Shit, lost logic at some point, tasteless in a lot of areas, yet people love it. And buy it.

Blademasterbobo
Level 10

dum

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 26, 2012, 12:30:59 PM »

anty you two are running together for me, MY BAD

Hand Point Left Hand Shake Left Hand Thumbs Down Left Hand Thumbs Up Left Bro Fist Left Hand Metal Left Toast Left Hand Fork Left Hand Money Left Hand Clap Hand Any Key Tiger Hand Joystick Hand Pencil Hand Money Right Hand Knife Right Toast Right Hand Metal Right Bro Fist Right Hand Thumbs Up Right Hand Thumbs Down Right Hand Shake Right Hand Point Right
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: June 26, 2012, 12:31:12 PM »

Maybe the video to Super Retro Squad is boring as hell, but shows the basics: the design, some images and why they need the support. And the developer already have experiences in game design: He's have a finished game (and a well-received one). Unity maybe is "too much" for the game, but let's see what he can do with it.
he is replacing the sprites and making different levels. that's what he's doing with it. it's the same game. the game he's already made. that's what he can do with it. it's going to be the same game, with tv movie versions of the characters. it's the same game. he already made the game. it's done. you can play it. the game has been made.

my favorite part is the "additional milestones" like

$20,000 - Time Attack, Leader Boards, Achievements
Yep, if we get $20k, and only then, there will be time attack and leaderboards, we've got only $16k ? sorry, can't do that, it requires $20,000 fucking dollars to implement a leaderboard and a time attack to a game that's already done.

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
waxx
Level 1

head to the right

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 26, 2012, 12:32:39 PM »

Yep, if we get $20k, and only then, there will be time attack and leaderboards, we've got only $16k ? sorry, can't do that, it requires $20,000 fucking dollars to implement a leaderboard and a time attack to a game that's already done.

Looks like 3month work to me. Cuz you know... his team got jobs and shit.

ANtY
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: June 26, 2012, 12:34:14 PM »

Looks like 3month work to me. Cuz you know... his team got jobs and shit.
So they need money to implement these thing, seems legit to me.  Hand Money Left Hand Money Left Hand Money Left Hand Money Left  Screamy Hand Money Right Hand Money Right Hand Money Right Hand Money Right

JWK5
« Reply #52 on: June 26, 2012, 12:34:32 PM »

so what's your point
What do you mean what is my point? He said "...then seriously, how can you believe any of this and get hyped?", that was my reply.
ANtY
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: June 26, 2012, 12:35:41 PM »

so what's your point
What do you mean what is my point? He said "...then seriously, how can you believe any of this and get hyped?", that was my reply.
Yes, I mean before this, since you clarified that you don't

JWK5
« Reply #54 on: June 26, 2012, 12:46:12 PM »

Yes, I mean before this, since you clarified that you don't
You mean posting the two excerpts from their FAQ? It is what they listed as features and a development timeline, I felt it was relevant to the discussion.

In any case, the needing money to keep their team afloat is understandable. The needing money for things like Unity Pro, Apple and Android devices to develop and test on, etc. also understandable. The "give us $20,000 or no Time Attack mode!" nonsense is just ridiculous.

I have nothing against them wanting to remake their game, I get the logic behind it (it started as a fangame and now they want to separate it from the IPs and improve the game) and if they can get support for that more power to them (I'd wish the same for anyone chasing a worthy goal), but holding features for ransom is a shady business practice.

I hadn't noticed that when I read their page initially (I didn't read through the "Here's what you win if you empty your pockets!" section).
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 26, 2012, 12:48:52 PM »

kickstarter is the worst
JWK5
« Reply #56 on: June 26, 2012, 12:51:41 PM »

kickstarter is the worst
Depends on which side of the scams you're on.
ANtY
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: June 26, 2012, 12:54:33 PM »

kickstarter is the worst
But you can win leaderboards if u empty your pocket and make all your facebook friends do the same!  Addicted

Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 26, 2012, 01:04:10 PM »

kickstarter is the worst
if i was american i would make the best kickstarter scam of all time
JWK5
« Reply #59 on: June 26, 2012, 01:08:01 PM »

kickstarter is the worst
if i was american i would make the best kickstarter scam of all time
I am an American, and for $30,000 I'll tell everyone you're an American too. For $50,000 I'll even give you a $2 badge that says you're an American!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic