Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411643 Posts in 69394 Topics- by 58450 Members - Latest Member: pp_mech

May 14, 2024, 08:21:20 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsPortfoliosNeed a great marketing trailer for your game project (or yourself)? I can help!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Need a great marketing trailer for your game project (or yourself)? I can help!  (Read 2491 times)
trailormade
Level 0

View Profile
« on: June 29, 2012, 03:35:06 PM »

UPDATE - Hey Guys, it's been a while since I last posted (due to full-time work) but check out my latest trailer for Super Spin Tanks on iPad.  It's a great 2-player game and it's FREE!  In the spirit of indie game development, this game was made by just one person in his spare time.

https://itunes.apple.com/nz/app/super-spintanks/id721151770?mt=8

If you like the game, then please consider leaving the review on iTunes Smiley

Hey Everyone!
  I'm a games industry veteran (16+ years) who's finally taking the plunge into the Indie world.  As a lead artist, I've worked in every major role of game development; from AAA console games down to extremely popular mobile titles.  My specialties are cinematics, VFX, and trailer design.  I love the passion I see in the community and I'd like to contribute my skills to help you get more visibility!

Here are a few recent examples of my work:

Into the Dead
http://youtu.be/-jFQVdDLphs?hd=1

Dreamworks TapDragonDrop (iOS):
http://youtu.be/MMBMKYie06g?hd=1

MonsterFlip (iOS):
http://youtu.be/qSp1LmvI7d0?hd=1

Rugby Challenge - What is Rugby? (PS3/360):
http://youtu.be/6k5bGuSvSKI?hd=1

Twang the Fox
http://youtu.be/OtrarTT_WRs?hd=1

Icebound Teaser Trailer (Just Added!)

Undead Empire: Hellfire (Just Added!)

When it comes down to it, creating your game is your priority.  When the time comes to show everyone why you sacrificed so much for it, you want it to resonate with as many people as possible.  A trailer can illustrate the cool-factor of your game that screenshots alone may not.  Could you make the trailer yourself?  Sure you can!  But perhaps you feel your time is better spent bug-fixing and polishing your game rather than cobbling together a trailer.  This is where I can help!

Let's talk about your needs.  Most of my recent trailer work has been for iOS games but I can work with you if your game is browser or PC/Mac-based, too.  Here are some things to keep in mind when contacting me:

* Do you need just a short teaser?  
* Do you need a proper trailer?  
* Perhaps a compilation of gameplay footage?
* What is the scale/scope of your trailer?  Do you need to convey story/narrative as well?
* What is your time-frame/deadline?
* If you want an iOS trailer, you will be required to seek approval from Apple before it can be posted.  I can help to make sure your trailer complies with their requirements.

I'm not limited to games, either!  If you're working on an app or any kind of interactive project, that's great, too.  If you're an Artist/Musician/Designer who needs a demo reel for self-promotion, drop me a line.  

Also, if your budget is tight (aren't they always with indie projects?) don't let that keep you from talking with me.  We'll see if we can work something out!

Drop me a line: [email protected] (removing the "+" in the email)

I look forward to talking with you.  Good luck with your projects!

« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 12:01:13 AM by trailormade » Logged
trailormade
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2012, 01:05:58 AM »

Hey Everyone,
  I just updated my original post with some links to my current and prior work.  I'll continue to add links to other trailers as I complete them.

I look forward to talking with more of you.  Keep up the great work!

Murphy
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2012, 04:07:15 PM »

Hey TIGSource! My name is Brian. I made a game called Zero Gear and am currently finishing up Natural Selection 2.

Michael (trailormade) just helped me out with a gameplay trailer for a small side project that started in a game jam.

I can't recommend him enough. He did a great job and was very quick as well. Definitely contact him if you need a trailer made!
louisdeb
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2012, 04:08:35 AM »

Do you do most of the out of game art for the trailers yourself?
trailormade
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2012, 08:11:25 PM »

Hey Louis,
  It really comes down to the needs of the trailer but to answer your question, yep, I often do create supporting art.  If there's an established 'look' to a game, I do my best to match the style.  In many cases, the original game Artist will supply me with additional art assets (to keep things 100% visually cohesive) but their involvement really depends on their schedule.

On a side note I've received some interesting emails lately regarding help for personal demo reels.  My response to that is a resounding YES!  Beer!

I want to work with anyone who is serious about promoting themselves or their work.  If you're an Artist, Coder, Designer, Musician, Chef, Rodeo Clown, or some bizarre mash-up of those attributes, then definitely talk with me!  I'm going to update my main post to reflect this.

Thank you to everyone who's been in contact thus far.  I recently completed another trailer for an upcoming mobile game.  Once the announcement has gone out, I'll put a Youtube link here.

« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 10:31:40 PM by trailormade » Logged
trailormade
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2012, 09:19:32 PM »

Hello All,
  I just recently wrapped up some work on the Twang the Fox trailer:

http://youtu.be/OtrarTT_WRs?hd=1

Unlike most of my other trailers where most of the work is done by me, the original version of this trailer was created by Conix, the game developers.  I came in near the end as Twang readied for release.  I replaced the existing footage with 720p gameplay, updating some of the text, and added title/end cards.

Just a note - I'm going to be doing a big international move next week so I won't be taking on any new work until I'm settled.  I'd estimate about one month.  Feel free to contact me if you're interested in trailer or demo reel work, just know that it might be a while until I'm prepared enough to jump on your project.

Cheers!
jsplash
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2012, 06:33:48 AM »

Hello Everyone! I found this post and contacted Michael (trailormade) to work on the trailer for my new game, Hyper Ball. He did an excellent job on making the trailer and I highly recommend him to anyone who wants to get a trailer made.

Here's his work:

and here's my game, Hyper Ball:
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/hyper-ball/id547645988?ls=1&mt=8

Do check them out!
groovecode
TIGBaby

Gah!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2012, 11:36:06 AM »

I used Michael (trailormade) for my promo trailer for Amazing Brok, and was so ridiculously pleased with the results. He produced a great video (link below) and was very professional. The biggest thing for me was how helpful he was. This was my first game, and I had no idea what I needed or wanted in a trailer. He offered great suggestions and guided me through the process where I was a bit lost. I got exactly what I wanted, and will definitely be using him again on my next project.

Amazing Brok Promo Trailer -

trailormade
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2012, 07:43:30 PM »

Hello Everyone!

Well, I've successfully made the move back to the U.S. and I'm gearing up for more work.  I've already helped out a few great folks here on the TIGForums so if you're looking for some creative support on a game trailer, demo reel, or pitch reel, drop me a line and let's see how I can help you!

Cheers!
Michael (TrailorMade)
trailormade
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2012, 10:17:19 AM »

Hey All,
  If you haven't read the recent Gamasutra article on Indie development from the guys at Launching Pad Games, give it a go:

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/180933/the_end_of_the_journey_one_indie_.php

It's equal parts cautionary and inspirational.  I worked with them on their Monster Flip cinematic/trailer.  They were kind enough to give me a shout-out on the last page.  Super guys to work with.

Good food for thought!

Michael (Trailormade)
trailormade
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2013, 10:44:43 PM »

Hey All!
  Been super busy lately so I haven't had a chance to update as often.  I've added a few more trailers that I've completed for some well-known indie folks here on the TIG forum.  Be sure to drop me a line if I can help you create a great trailer for your project!

-Trailormade
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic