Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 11:21:19 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsMiniverse
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Print
Author Topic: Miniverse  (Read 17470 times)
Pemanent
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: January 22, 2014, 03:01:04 PM »

log5

Today I walked around talking to printers and post office people to figure out how much it'll cost to print and send these posters. I also printed off a few test pages and made some adjustments. Unfortunately Illustrator crashed and I lost most of my work from today. Though it's not a huge deal to replicate the art again.

also 5 pages of devlog!  Waaagh!

Pemanent
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 27, 2014, 10:47:35 PM »

log6
Updated the website, adding a mailing list button and email at the bottom. Smiley

Here is the latest version of the poster.

Pemanent
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 28, 2014, 10:30:25 PM »

log7
Worked on a bunch of logistics stuff today. Researched this poster project more, tweaked the poster a bit and outlined some milestones. I'm planning on having the game in the app store by June 30th.

Pemanent
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 03, 2014, 10:45:51 AM »

log8

Streamin! http://www.twitch.tv/rytgames

Not much to talk about yet, worked on the poster some more, spent most of my time emailing  journalists and trying to find shipping addresses to send the posters to.

Today I'm actually going to work on the game! crazy.

Pemanent
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 04, 2014, 02:40:31 PM »

log9

Today Micah sent me some sketches for the puzzle artwork. He is an amazing artist. B is easily my favorite.

Pemanent
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 05, 2014, 07:22:52 PM »

log10
Implemented some of the sound effects I got from my sound guy. It's shaping up nicely. Finished another round of revisions on the puzzle pieces, now I just need the final artwork. Also started working on setting up some metrics with google analytics which is very confusing to me.

If anybody has any tips on how to implement metrics in Unity ios I would love some help!

Pemanent
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 08, 2014, 08:35:30 PM »

log11
I got stuck at a friends house without my desktop because of snow. :/ so I haven't been able to do anything these past few days. Though tonight I did work more on metrics, tomorrow we'll see if it worked.

Also I received the stickers of my logo. I'm going to put them on the packaging of the posters.

Pemanent
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 11, 2014, 03:01:56 PM »

log12
I got some metrics working using Flurry. So that's cool. I'm tracking how long a player spends on each level and how many times they fail. Also Flurry tracks things like unique users, overall session length, location, etc.

Also Sam the guy working on the audio finished the main track for the game, which I think sound awesome. You can see more of his stuff here http://www.samareimusic.com/

Pemanent
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 12, 2014, 05:49:48 PM »

Quickly threw together an image showing some of my process behind the Miniverse logo. Smiley

retrostark
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: February 12, 2014, 05:55:16 PM »

I love the game, and the spaceship reminding me of Pikmin is awesome  Smiley I love this and can't wait for further development. Also the logo design is very well done!  Tongue

Toast LeftWizardHand Metal Left
Pemanent
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 12, 2014, 06:13:03 PM »

Thanks! Yeah I'm really glad the Pikmin feel has communicated for quite a few people!

Pemanent
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 13, 2014, 11:33:29 PM »

logwhatever

Added a particle system to the ship when moving people over to it. Just creates a stronger connection between the people and the ship.

Pemanent
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 21, 2014, 10:06:55 PM »

Been working on getting the game bug free enough for beta. The first world is basically playable in it's entirety.

I wanted a bunch of asteroids (hundreds) in the final boss level so I wrote a slick little pooling system to grab asteroids which aren't being used. It's kinda cool to watch the game move the objects around.

I also slowed the planet movement the closer it gets to the edge of the rings. Which is basically just an auto-notlose, but it makes the game much less frustrating.

Pemanent
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 07, 2014, 11:38:35 AM »

I sent out the first poster today. I'm pretty happy with them. I just hope they're affective. I think they will be. I doubt journalists get much in the mail these days.

Pemanent
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 07, 2014, 03:53:28 PM »

Beta!

Hey you! I need beta testers! If you have an ipad then post your email address (or tweet me or pm or whatever) and I'll email you an invite. Smiley

Pemanent
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: March 25, 2014, 12:19:31 PM »

Working on the mechanics for world two. Smiley

Some alien ship lasers. I'll refine the model later.

They also spin.

And some protective moveable shields.

Asteroids too.

Some of the levels are pretty visually interesting.

Also! I need an artist to paint some puzzle artwork! A friend of mine did the first puzzle artwork, but he just took too long. So I need someone else. I also have a deal in the works to use the artwork for another poster promotion. So your artwork will be printed and featured places. Get in contact with me if you're interested.

Pemanent
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 31, 2014, 09:40:56 AM »

Wormholes are in. They just move the person over to the other planet at the end of the connecting wormhole. I'm quickly roughing out all the levels in world2 and then I'll go back and refine the assets and such.

Also I'm streaming for a bit this morning. Smiley
http://www.twitch.tv/rytgames

Pemanent
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 01, 2014, 01:45:06 PM »

Final art for the world 1 puzzle. I think it's pretty awesome.

Pemanent
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 08, 2014, 08:01:47 PM »

Well I got Slide To Play to give away some of the posters for a little promotional gig.
Respond in twitter if you want one. Smiley
link to twitter post

Pemanent
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 14, 2014, 01:26:13 PM »

So uhh TouchArcade ran a little preview story of Miniverse. That is pretty fucking awesome.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic